Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:53 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,010 times

Advertisements

I am just curious, as I see this practiced in some cults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 08:00 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Really? Such as?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:10 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Really? Such as?
I think they're baiting you.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:12 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,070 times
Quote:
No, not for the physically, already dead, not breathing bodies.
It is done by the born again in Christ [born anew, into the one Living Spirit/Christ] believers who are living in their dead Adam bodies of the old man nature, to identity that body they wear [as a garment], with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, in the hope of the resurrection of the old dead Adam body/nature in the regenerated image of the New Man flesh.
That is what Paul speaks of in:1Cr 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

The "dead" is the Adam flesh body we wear, which Paul is giving the teaching on, about it rising from the dead state in regeneration of Life. Those who obey Jesus the Christ after being born again into His one Living Spirit submit the dead Adam body they wear to water baptism, in obedience to Jesus command do so in the hope of that same body rising in regeneration and glory [if you are born again and die before obeying Christ is possible, then the point is moot, it is the Adam flesh body that you wear which is dead, and has the hope of life in regeneration]

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 03-19-2011 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-19-2011, 08:15 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I think they're baiting you.
Ya think?

Actually, I have no problem having a discussion on the topic. It's just that my hubby and I were about ready to sit down and watch a movie, and after that I'll probably turn in for the night. So, I probably won't be getting back to the thread until tomorrow sometime. By then, I expect there to have been a lot of "interesting" opinions expressed.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
No, not for the physically, already dead, not breathing bodies.
It is done by the born again in Christ [in the Living Spirit/Christ] believers who are living in their dead Adam bodies of the old man nature, to identity that body worn as a garment, with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, in the hope of the resurrection of the old dead Adam body/nature in the regenerated image of the New Man flesh.
That is what Paul speaks of in:1Cr 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

The "dead" is the Adam flesh body we wear, which Paul is giving the teaching on, about it rising from the dead state in regeneration of Life. Those who obey Jesus the Christ after being born again into His one Living Spirit submit the dead Adam body they wear to water baptism, in obedience to Jesus command do so in the hope of that same body rising in regeneration and glory [if you are born again and die before obeying Christ is possible, then the point is moot, it is the Adam flesh body that you wear which is dead, and has the hope of life in regeneration]

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.
Thank you. I didn't think there was, but I thought to ask. It wasn't a bait question like some folks would believe. I was just wondering if there was actually any biblical evidence to actually support it. If not, then why do it?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I didn't think there was, but I thought to ask. It wasn't a bait question like some folks would believe. I was just wondering if there was actually any biblical evidence to actually support it. If not, then why do it?
The only thing that proved was that baptizing a dead body doesn't do a thing.

Except maybe smell really bad.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
The only thing that proved was that baptizing a dead body doesn't do a thing.

Except maybe smell really bad.
so why would anyone do this practice?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
so why would anyone do this practice?
What about people who have passed without hearing about the gospel or truth?

According to the bible you need baptism in order be forgiven of your sins. If your body dies and your soul goes on but you were never baptized, how do you suggest your soul repent? Or can it no longer repent now that you're dead?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:29 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
What about people who have passed without hearing about the gospel or truth?

According to the bible you need baptism in order be forgiven of your sins. If your body dies and your soul goes on but you were never baptized, how do you suggest your soul repent? Or can it no longer repent now that you're dead?
No the Bible does not teach salvation is a requirement for salvation. This is a man made belief, not Biblical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity