Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 03:04 PM

3,487 posts, read 4,571,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not according to Jesus. There is no other way, and that is what the topic is about. Those who think they can reject Christ but are saved still if they live like mother Theresa will end up banging on the door and Christ will tell them "Go away, I never knew you".
OK, I will stay with the according to Jesus. It will be difficult to know who of the people debating here will go through. Look at them disagreeing on the Bible. I am told only those that have the truth. Who has that truth? Please raise your hand. I think all will raise it. So maybe what Jesus said has been diluted after a couple of millenia.
The God portrayed in the Bible is then not very logical and fair then. So we will see, take care.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:10 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,838,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
The God portrayed in the Bible is then not very logical and fair then. So we will see, take care.
Well, the Bible specifically says that God's logic is not our logic. Our idea of fairness is not His idea of fairness.

Isiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD

Old 03-09-2011, 03:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,788,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hi Finn I believe it says in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 12:3 it say no one can claim Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit. So all these people who have been resserected and now proclaim Jesus is Lord are full of the Holy Spirut and you say they are still in hell, full of the Holy Spirit? I don't think so. It is never too late for God. Why people think we must be saved in this world when the Bible never says that is beyond me. I know that Christ's elect will be saved in this life and that they are all ready chosen(predestined) The rest will go to eonian chastizement and then will repent and be cleansed and saved.
It is so simple, that it becomes obvious that those who continue obstinately to reject the evidences are in truth unable to comprehend these spiritual things.

Paul was clear when he wrote ...

Romans 8:39
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Of course the elitist fundamentalist Christians will swoop in and say that Paul was only speaking of believers when he said "us" ... But that is altogether a lie ...

"We love God because he first loved us" (1 John 4:19), and not because he began to love us after we started loving him ...

That is to say God loves his enemies, and death nor life nor anything in all creation can separate the love of God which is in Christ for all people including his enemies. And that is why God is the savior of all people, and not only of those that are believing.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Well, the Bible specifically says that God's logic is not our logic. Our idea of fairness is not His idea of fairness.

Isiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD
Exactly, his logic does not make sense according to the Bible. The Isaiah quote does not specifically talk about the logic we are talking about. So I agree that God's logic can be different than mine but is not covering the specific point in discussion, thus the argument even between Christians on all the religious debates to the point that even a topic was banned due to the harsh rhetoric between all the people that claim to have God's truth, take care.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
So I agree that God's logic can be different than mine but is not covering the specific point in discussion
Back to the topic then. Who are they? Who are the people left outside to bang on the door? What is your opinion? If everyone were automatically saved, then there wouldn't be anyone left outside. Wouldn't you agree?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Back to the topic then. Who are they? Who are the people left outside to bang on the door? What is your opinion? If everyone were automatically saved, then there wouldn't be anyone left outside. Wouldn't you agree?
I answered already, did you miss it? Look back at what I have written. If you still do not get the answer from there, let me know and I will explain it. I am on topic, take care.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:53 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,435,450 times
Quote:
Ah, the bickering spirit I said when we are saved ,we enter the kingdom of God, and KOG enters us. Having it in you, and being in it, is the same thing. Jesus established the KOG, and that was some 2000 years ago, so we enter when we are saved. We do not enter before salvation. Unbelievers do not have KOG in him/her. If they did, they would not be banging on the door trying to get in.

Let's put it to you another way Finn,because you are not obviously seeing what i am saying. Before Jesus walked the earth in the flesh, the kingdom of God was already within us,man in his alienated mind did not know this. Jesus comes into the world and tells us do not go looking for the kingdom of God anywhere but within yourself. The issue is in having the eyes to see what is already within us,the kingdom of God does not somehow magically appear when you say "i believe in Jesus",when you are born from above you see and enter into what is already there in place.

So the kingdom of God was already in you before you ever heard the name of Jesus, never mind believed in him.

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:24 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,788,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Let's put it to you another way Finn,because you are not obviously seeing what i am saying. Before Jesus walked the earth in the flesh, the kingdom of God was already within us,man in his alienated mind did not know this. Jesus comes into the world and tells us do not go looking for the kingdom of God anywhere but within yourself. The issue is in having the eyes to see what is already within us,the kingdom of God does not somehow magically appear when you say "i believe in Jesus",when you are born from above you see and enter into what is already there in place.

So the kingdom of God was already in you before you ever heard the name of Jesus, never mind believed in him.

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17.
Exactly Pcamps, Jesus said, "the kingdom of God is within you", to the pharisees.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Let's put it to you another way Finn,because you are not obviously seeing what i am saying.
It is not that I don't see your viewpoint, I just don't agree with it. Jesus said the KOG is "at hand". I don't know where you got the idea that it has always been in every believer and unbeliever, but if that is what you believe then so be it. If you want to argue that the KOG is in every person and it 'comes alive' when people are saved, than that's fine too. I won't bicker over something like that. To me the KOG is a spiritual kingdom, which continues after death and people become a part of it when they are saved through faith. "Finding the KOG" or "entering the KOG" are the same and it happens when we are saved.

Why is it do hard for people to enter the KOG if it is already in them?

Matt 19:23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

And saying, Repent : for the kingdom of heaven is at hand Matt 3:2

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matt. 4:17 KJV)

"Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."
(Mark 1:14 KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Old 03-09-2011, 06:07 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,435,450 times
Quote:
It is not that I don't see your viewpoint, I just don't agree with it. Jesus said the KOG is "at hand". I don't know where you got the idea that it has always been in every believer and unbeliever, but if that is what you believe then so be it. If you want to argue that the KOG is in every person and it 'comes alive' when people are saved, than that's fine too. I won't bicker over something like that. To me the KOG is a spiritual kingdom, which continues after death and people become a part of it when they are saved through faith. "Finding the KOG" or "entering the KOG" are the same and it happens when we are saved.

Why is it do hard for people to enter the KOG if it is already in them?

Matt 19:23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

And saying, Repent : for the kingdom of heaven is at hand Matt 3:2

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matt. 4:17 KJV)

"Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."
(Mark 1:14 KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3
Why is it hard to see or enter the Kingdom of heaven ?, because it does not come with observation.This is a major reason Jesus was rejected by the jews, because they wanted a physical kingdom,and were ignorant that the was already in them.

Jesus said the Kingdom is. When he said it's at hand he was the one who knew where it was and revealed it.

Jesus said the kingdom of God is in you, not going to be in you.

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity