Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 01:45 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"The voice of the sea casts its spell, holding the souls of men in its net."
"I sang in my chains like the sea..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 01:46 PM

595 posts, read 762,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Mike, I agree with your OP pretty much (except you left out baptism in the plan of salvation, lol). But what you wrote above, I question one thing. If we are born already condemned, (and I'm not so sure we are), and die before we're old enough to have faith in Jesus, what then? You're not saying babies are condemned are you? Or people who are intellectually disabled? I don't think you believe that, but please clarify, and provide scriptures saying that we are condemned already when we are born. I don't receall seeing anything like that in the scriptures, but I could be wrong. It's not a subject I've spent a lot of time on.

I'm with you when it comes to universalism. It is a not only a false doctrine, but a very destructive one.

Katie
John 3
16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

God Bless,
Mercy

Last edited by mercy777; 04-29-2011 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: spellck

Old 04-29-2011, 01:48 PM

164 posts, read 264,858 times
Having a form of godliness, but denying the powr thereof: from such turn away. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. ... But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and striving about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is a heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

Arena
God said it,

Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Everyone will reap what they sow, Some believers, and you could be one of them, will be told to depart from Jesus. You can only make a claim of denial for yourself, do you not do things in Jesus name, if so, then it could be you hearing those words and you may be dealt the humble pie your so sure someone else besides you will get.

I personally do not believe that what you will get will be what you believe that humble pie will be, but nevertheless, if you are correct about what it is, it may be you that gets it.
Agreed. Everyone will reap what they sown...
The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8
Funny how anti-universalism Galatians 6:8 is:

2 distinct groups are being compared: "who sows to please his sinful nature" and those "who sows to please the Spirit" ....

• "who sows to please his sinful nature" will reap destruction... not UR
  • "who sows to please the Spirit" will reap eternal life .... not be united with the other group.
What could possibly make the Spirit unpleased ? How about this from Jesus as a possibility: "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit".

• Since "eternal life" comes to those "who sows to please the Spirit"
  • then it reasonable to conclude that:
  • those who sows to please his sinful nature...."blasphemes against the Holy Spirit"
What happens to those who .... "blasphemes against the Holy Spirit"

A:
Spoiler
" will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.”

Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM

The last things the apostle Peter said, the leader of the Jewish side of the church in the Bible,

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptrues, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness.

But grow in grace, and in the knowlege of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen

Old 04-29-2011, 02:17 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
The true heart, nature of universalism..... ^^^
I have yet to meet anyone in whom follows after this false teaching of universalism that the heart, the person, has truly changed to the heart, nature of Christ, believing and trusted Him..... The heart can only pretend for so long and sooner or later that real heart will show itself, it can not hide it's true nature for the light of Christ exposes its reality !!

Like I said, universalism exchanges the righteousness of Christ, and have suppress God's truth because of the sin of unbelief...."For their heart was not steadfast toward Him, nor were they faithful in His covenant.(Ps.78:37)
If universalism was truth we would not read such insulting animosity toward other's as we can see !!!
Those who have Christ (born again) honor, respect and listen to Him by faith through the word of God.... follow Him, they do not imitate evil as we read in 3John 1:11....."Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good, the one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.
So therefore universalism can not be of God.... amen !!

With universalism it seems the heart is so harden with such animosity, fear, etc., for whatever reasons.... only God knows and only He can change but we can see once again with universalism.... God has spoken, "They come to you as people come, and sit before you as My people and hear your words, but they do not do them, for they do the lustful desires expressed by their mouth, and their heart goes after their gain. (Ezekiel 33:31)

'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME. 'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'" (Matthew 15:8-9)

Also God shows and tells us that.....
"Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds." ( 2John 1:9-11).....
amen !!
When I read your post, I realize that God himself has you locked into the delusions of your own dark heart and you do not have the key to open the prison door. Jesus has the keys of death and hell and no hypocrite can come to him. That is the only way I can understand the ETers - they've been sent a strong delusion and have been made drunk on the wine of the wrath of fornication. It is UGLY! I thank God for my deliverance from such madness and I pity you and all who are in your spiritual condition. Clearly, you are the one who is bound and lead by fear. Fear is of the devil. Jesus came into the world to DESTROY the works of the devil.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
all do get a chance to see salvation, they just don't accept salvation, Jesus is salvation and those few places where you might think, "Jesus is the Saviour of all men, especially of those who believe." You might think with that alone, that all might go to heaven, but he is the only Saviour of men and it is clear that burning alive forever is what most people take, the broad way, narrow to life, so few get life, most get death and it isn't not existing any more like the devil wants people to believe, it is a different life when you understand how real the place is down there and that most go, it is to reason you to Jesus an the cross, and to leave the world behind, for you don't get even what the worst person up here is getting, it is worse then that.

with love Arena in the valley
Oh my - how bad can you imagine hell to be? Is there any end to the bottomless pit? No! It is as BOTTOMLESS as your heart's imagination can make it. How terrifying it must be to be locked inside such minds with no way out.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
"I sang in my chains like the sea...
...held in the bondage of darkness!"

Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM

The Truth will set you free, my Word is Truth, The Word will set you free

Pretty lies, are death, Spirit and Truth is Life

Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"The voice of the sea casts its spell, holding the souls of men in its net."
Jerwade, you're waxing poetic

Certainly, we live, move, and exist because of him. As some of your poets have said, 'We are God's children.' Acts 17:28

From Barnes' Notes on the Bible -
For in him we live - The expression "in him" evidently means by him; by his originally forming us, and continually sustaining us. No words can better express our constant dependence on God. He is the original fountain of life, and he upholds us each moment. A similar sentiment is found in Plautus (5, 4,14): "O Jupiter, who dost cherish and nourish the race of man; by whom we live, and with whom is the hope of the life of all men" (Kuinoel). It does not appear, however, that Paul designed this as a quotation; yet he doubtless intended to state a sentiment with which they were familiar, and with which they would agree.And move - κινούμεθα kinoumetha. Doddridge translates this, "And are moved." It may, however, be in the middle voice, and be correctly rendered as in our version. It means that we derive strength to move from him; an expression denoting "constant and absolute dependence." There is no idea of dependence more striking than that we owe to him the ability to perform the slightest motion.

And have our being - καὶ ἐσμέν kai esmen. And are. This denotes that our "continued existence" is owing to Him. That we live at all is his gift; that we have power to move is his gift; and our continued and prolonged existence is his gift also. Thus, Paul traces our dependence on him from the lowest pulsation of life to the highest powers of action and of continued existence. It would be impossible to express in more emphatic language our entire dependence On God.
As certain also - As some. The sentiment which he quotes was found substantially in several Greek poets.

Of your own poets - He does not refer particularly here to poets of Athens, but to Greek poets who had written in their language.

Source link:
Acts 17:28 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity