Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:05 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Help us do what? Yes, He helps and empowers us to do His will, but too often, we seek his assistance in doing OUR will and there are plenty of teachers and preachers out there teaching the false doctrine of self-fulfillment.
I would certainly agree that self-fulfillment would be a false doctrine. I once read a clever little quote along the lines of our seeking His assistance in doing OUR will. It said, “Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory capacity.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
I wonder if anyone ever considers their own beliefs might be wrong and might be the false teachings?

Nah, that could never happen.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I wonder if anyone ever considers their own beliefs might be wrong and might be the false teachings?

Nah, that could never happen.
Everyone ought to consider that.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:14 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Folks, no denominational bashing, or this thread will have to be closed.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What sin do you believe a newborn baby to be guilty of? The sin of being born?
What sin is a baby born with? ..... God revealed it, Jesus revealed.

"in sin did my mother conceive me." .... God Psalm 51:5
"flesh gives birth to flesh"..... Jesus John 3:6

God revealed: "Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies" Psalm 58:3

Kinda sucks doesn't ... knowing that God revealed the truth with such specificity that the only way to get around it is by simply rejecting.
It is rather obvious. Psalm 51:5

The choice is simple .... believe it as the truth or or reject it.

Quote:
By the time a woman is old enough to bear children, she has most definitely sinned. In sin she will conceive her children.
That's the only other plausable explanation isn't. Either one is conceived a sinner or conceiving is a sin.

And since you reject the teaching of being conceived a sinner....then I suppose if you're going to want to give it your 100%,
(with forgiveness based on total abandonment of sin), then you'd better not have baby or attempt to have one.

I do recall you do having a problem with people that "talk the talk but not walk the walk"

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."

Quote:
How many babies do you believe start speaking either truth or lies "as soon as they are born"?
I don't question a revelation simply because it doesn't make me feel good or I don't understand it.
I focus on the fact that God revealed it, so the Godly thing to do is to conform to it...not reform God's revelation.

Quote:
If and when you ever look into the eyes of your newborn child, you will see pure innocence, not depravity.
God doesn't look at what humans look at:
1 Chronicles 28:9
"for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts."

Psalm 7:9
"O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts"

Romans 8:27
"And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will."

That is why God revealed:

Psalm 58:3 Psalm 51:5 about the wicked

..and...

Psalm 71:6 about the righteous

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-18-2011 at 03:11 PM..

Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What sin is a baby born with? ..... God revealed it, Jesus revealed.

God revealed: "Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies" Psalm 58:3

Kinda sucks doesn't ... knowing that God revealed the truth with such specificity that the only way to get around it is by simply rejecting.
It is rather obvious. Psalm 51:5
You didn't answer my question, twin.spin. What sin is a baby born with? What is he guilty of? What lie have you ever in your life heard a baby tell?

Quote:
The choice is simple .... believe it as the truth or or reject it.
Or understand it as it was meant to be understood.

Quote:
That's the only other plausable explanation isn't. Either one is conceived a sinner or conceiving is a sin.

And since you reject the being conceived a sinner....then I suppose if you're going to want to give it your 100%,
(with forgiveness based on total abandonment of sin), then you'd better not have baby or attempt to have one.
I said nothing about conceiving a child being a sin, twin.spin. Don't put words in my mouth. If you want to quote me, then use the quote function. Don't even attempt to paraphrase me, because you mess up every time you try. I actually have conceived and given birth twice. I have never believed it to be sinful to have a child. It's a wonderful experience.

Quote:
I don't question a revelation simply because it doesn't make me feel good or I don't understand it.
And most of the time, you don't use your God-given common sense and intelligence either. I do. For instance, I know that babies don't talk. If you think they do, fine.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question, twin.spin. What sin is a baby born with? What is he guilty of? What lie have you ever in your life heard a baby tell?
Yes I have.

original sin.

Quote:
I said nothing about conceiving a child being a sin, twin.spin. Don't put words in my mouth. If you want to quote me, then use the quote function. Don't even attempt to paraphrase me, because you mess up every time you try. I actually have conceived and given birth twice. I have never believed it to be sinful to have a child. It's a wonderful experience.
The only two applicable understandings of psalm 51:5 are:

"in sin did my mother conceive me." .... Psalm 51:5
  1. conceived a sinner
  2. conceiving is a sin
Quote:
And most of the time, you don't use your God-given common sense and intelligence either. I do. For instance, I know that babies don't talk. If you think they do, fine.
Most of the time, you like to duck around God's revelations when it's not convenient. If it doesn't fit your intelligence...you deem it not the truth.

It is rather obvious, Psalm 51:5 . Original sin was meant to be understood.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM

Katzpur,
You haven't answered mine either.

Since you claim it's not unreasonable to give 100% and God does the rest...
and forgiveness is based on the total abandonment of sin....

then explain just what is the reasonable 100% expectations of Psalm 51:5 ?

Old 04-18-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Yes I have.

original sin.
Oh, I see. He's born guilty of the sin he didn't commit, the sin someone else committed, the one Jesus Christ's Atonement apparently missed.

Quote:
The only two applicable understandings of psalm 51:5 are:

"in sin did my mother conceive me." .... Psalm 51:5
  1. conceived a sinner
  2. conceiving is a sin
No twin.spin. Those are the only two interpretations you are willing to consider. I believe, as I said before, that any woman of child-bearing age has sinned and is therefore a sinner. She is conceiving as a sinner, but there is nowhere that the scriptures suggesting that conceiving is sinful (unless, of course, the woman is not married).

Quote:
Most of the time, you like to duck around God's revelations when it's not convenient. If it doesn't fit your intelligence...you deem it not the truth.

It is rather obvious, Psalm 51:5 . Original sin is as it was meant to be understood.
I would never "duck around" something I believed to be true. That would be stupid, and I'm not stupid. On the other hand, I believe I am every bit as qualified to interpret the scriptures as you are.

I believe that Jesus Christ atoned for all sins committed by people who repented of them -- including Adam. I don't believe God punishes babies for something one man who lived 6000 years ago did. That has nothing to do with ducking around anything. It has everything to do with my belief that God is fair and just, and holding a newborn baby accountable for something he didn't do is not fair and just.

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-18-2011 at 03:52 PM..

Old 04-18-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Since you claim it's not unreasonable to give 100% and God does the rest...
and forgiveness is based on on the total abandonment of sin....
Please quote me so that I can see where I said what you are claiming I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity