Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:06 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,101 times

Advertisements

For those Christians not believing in the Rapture, Sorry but Do not expect to be taken if the day comes. I am not a judge, Far be it from me, just stating the obvious,

Please, take a look at this short dialog:

Is this something you believe / expect, or your unbelief in the Rapture is strictly SOLID?:

Person A says: I am a born-again Christian and awaiting the Rapture with all my heart. Wish the day came today.

Person B says: Am also born-again but I personally doubt anyone will be taken. you know the Rapture is bunch malarkey.

The day of the Rapture has come... Both have been taken..

Person A says: Thank you, Jesus all glory and honor are yours forever and ever.

Person B says: Oh my bad! How good it is for me, I didn't believe in the Rapture, what is more I joined the group of mockers yet the unthinkable happened.. I have been raptured, WOW, Thank you Jesus, anyway.

See the situation of Person B? It is "funny". Will the rapture-opposing -christian be surprised that he went into the Rapture which he had actually been calling a bunch malarkey?

Seriosly, the answer: NO WAY!

conclusion: The Rapture is part of the Christian faith, by denying it, you have already made your choice which is when the day comes, you'll be left. Or considering the situation above, did Person B seriously believe he had nothing to lose, saying to himself: "No belief in the Rapture is needed? If it is not real, I am right, if it is real I am a Christians so I will make it and say something like "Oops my bad, I have been raptured????? where am I??? lol

See that the situation of person B is absurd?.. Person B will ultimately end up being left!

Quote:
The Rapture is part of the Christian faith

“For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up (Harpazo) together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” (1 Thess 4:16-18)

“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shalll not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. And when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written; death is swallowed up in victory.” (1 Cor 15:51-55)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 12:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
The Rapture is part of the Christian faith, by denying it, you have already made your choice which is when the day comes, you'll be left.
The Scriptures tell us that some will esteem one day more than another.

Peace, be with you
!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:23 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,774,940 times
The Rapture is new age concept and only a margin of Christians believe even though it's unbiblical, so I'm not going to waste my time thinking about your question.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:51 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times
I expect that one hundred years from now some people will still be screaming in whatever format is used at that time that "the end is near!Repent while you can!The prophesies in revelation are coming true as we speak!Its coming any day!..........just as people are doing now.....and one hundred years ago.....and a couple of weeks after Jesus died

Old 04-24-2011, 04:23 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
don't forget the crown given for those who love His appearing.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:29 PM

335 posts, read 375,563 times
After The Rapture Pet Care

Make sure you little furry friends are provided for.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
don't forget the crown given for those who love His appearing.
true

Old 04-25-2011, 06:41 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Here is a prophecy of Jesus for these days to Maria Valtorta in 1944.....``The last time of these three years and six months will be awful with utmost spite...satan through his shall use his absolute wiles to harm, ruin, kill Christ within hearts and kill heart belonging to Christ.......The wise will understand satan pitfalls , because who ever possesses true wisdom is enlightened, and by their faithfulness to grace they become pure and tried like fire, worthy of being chosen for Heaven ........... The godless will follow evil and will do evil unable as they are to understand Good, because of their own free will they shall have filled their hearts with evil..........Then the time shall come when , crushed to an extent never reached before, the church is no longer free to celebrate the perpetual Sacrifice, and the abomination of desolation will be lifted up on Holy Places and one the holy places , just as the prophets have said and I have repeated, ...I who make no mistakes............Daniel says`There shall be 1290 days on this oppression... and blessed is he that waits and comes to 1335 days..`...........This means that during the three years and six months coming before the end, a short time will be laid aside in the end for the faithfully to gather a listen to the last Words , resounding to their spirits, as an invitation to Heaven, while Michael and his angels crushes satan and his demons........`Blessed is he that will persevere unto the end because he will be saved`...:said Jesus``.................... See the rapture is no cake walk , the difference between 1335 days from 1290 days is 45 days were if men persevere, will be saved...

Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
For those Christians not believing in the Rapture, Sorry but Do not expect to be taken if the day comes. I am not a judge, Far be it from me, just stating the obvious,

Please, take a look at this short dialog:

Is this something you believe / expect, or your unbelief in the Rapture is strictly SOLID?:

Person A says: I am a born-again Christian and awaiting the Rapture with all my heart. Wish the day came today.

Person B says: Am also born-again but I personally doubt anyone will be taken. you know the Rapture is bunch malarkey.

The day of the Rapture has come... Both have been taken..

Person A says: Thank you, Jesus all glory and honor are yours forever and ever.

Person B says: Oh my bad! How good it is for me, I didn't believe in the Rapture, what is more I joined the group of mockers yet the unthinkable happened.. I have been raptured, WOW, Thank you Jesus, anyway.

See the situation of Person B? It is "funny". Will the rapture-opposing -christian be surprised that he went into the Rapture which he had actually been calling a bunch malarkey?

Seriosly, the answer: NO WAY!

conclusion: The Rapture is part of the Christian faith, by denying it, you have already made your choice which is when the day comes, you'll be left. Or considering the situation above, did Person B seriously believe he had nothing to lose, saying to himself: "No belief in the Rapture is needed? If it is not real, I am right, if it is real I am a Christians so I will make it and say something like "Oops my bad, I have been raptured????? where am I??? lol

See that the situation of person B is absurd?.. Person B will ultimately end up being left!

Belief in the rapture is irrelevant. I believe in Jesus and my walk is with him, the rapture is irrelevant in terms of needing to believe it will happen.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
The Rapture is new age concept and only a margin of Christians believe even though it's unbiblical, so I'm not going to waste my time thinking about your question.
Moderator cut: edit So even after doesntspringtomind gave you scripture that was clear evidence of the rapture you still deny it? No wonder they said some of us would be getting left behind for unbelief in the rapture! I sort of believe it! At first, I was prepared to debate doesn'tspring on that because I always assumed that no matter doctrine or belief we Christians have in regards toward the rapture, we're all going with Jesus regardless. But I can see there are some people that clearly aren't watching for the return of the Lord and outright refuse to. The parable of the foolish virgins come to mind.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-25-2011 at 10:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity