Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 11:32 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
So would you consider 35 years of experience preaching, teaching, living and working with those in crisis' is as good as reading books or 4 or 6 years?
No, I just mentioned the example of the doctor that went to school 35 years ago.

However, the admission to school selects folks from the rest of the population.

I also understand that preaching is not seen as a profession where adequate training is a must. Being selected or admitted to higher education is also not needed. Nevertheless, I prefer highly educated priests and thankfully, the overwhelming majority are very well educated. But, that is my personal preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM

796 posts, read 858,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
No, I just mentioned the example of the doctor that went to school 35 years ago.

However, the admission to school selects folks from the rest of the population.

I also understand that preaching is not seen as a profession where adequate training is a must. Being selected or admitted to higher education is also not needed. Nevertheless, I prefer highly educated priests and thankfully, the overwhelming majority are very well educated. But, that is my personal preference.
No not all priest are highly educated. Since all Christians are priest and there is no such position in the Church that Jesus built I will have to disagree with you. The overwhelming majority of Christians (Priest) are not very well educated.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
No not all priest are highly educated. Since all Christians are priest and there is no such position in the Church that Jesus built I will have to disagree with you. The overwhelming majority of Christians (Priest) are not very well educated.
I guess that explains why the majority of mainstream Christians have followed an anti-Christ Eternal Torment apostate Gospel since the third century.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOK!!

Old 07-26-2013, 05:47 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Hi, I am looking at different churches in my area to join. One of the things that really concerns me is the lack of education that some Pastors have. Some of the Pastors around here have just formed their own churches with just a few courses in theological studies, not a formal education. Any thoughts on this? Thank you.

The Scriptures tell you how educated one must be....

Old 07-26-2013, 06:12 AM

OP:

For some religious sects, less education is best. The same goes for the church members. Look for a church where the minister has a level of education that makes you comfortable.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:24 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,167 times
Default Qualifications Of A Pastor

Let's first start with Matthew 15:14.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without John 3:5.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Hebrews 4.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without 2 Timothy 3:16.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Matthew 5:17-20.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Ephesians 4:5.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Amos 3:3.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Luke 6:26.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Matthew 10:22.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Matthew 10:34-37.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Romans 6:1.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without John 8:31.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Matthew 4:4.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without 1 Cor. 8:2.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without 1 John 2:27.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without James 1:5.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without 2 Timothy 2:15.

Blind leaders got a way to heaven without Romans 3:1-4.

They'll preach John 15:12 at the intention of mocking 2 Cor. 6.

They'll preach Romans 10:9 at the intention of mocking Matthew 7:21-24.

They'll preach Acts 2:38 at the intention of mocking Romans 11:29.

They'll preach Hebrews 11:1 at the intention of mocking Romans 12:3.

They'll preach 3 John 2 at the intention of mocking Luke 3:14.

They'll preach 1 Cor. 7 at the intention of mocking Romans 7:2-3.

They'll preach John 3:16 at the intention of mocking Matthew 3:2.

They'll preach Luke 18:1 at the intention of mocking John 17:9.

They'll preach Mark 16:15 at the intention of mocking Matthew 7:6.

They'll preach Hebrews 10:25 at the intention of mocking Matthew 15:14.

They'll preach Romans 2:1 at the intention of mocking James 5:20.

They'll preach 1 Peter 5:1-2 at the intention of mocking 2 Peter 1:20-21.

They'll preach 1 Cor. 12 at the intention of mocking Revelation 22:18-19.

They'll preach 1 Cor. 12 at the intention of mocking Proverbs 20:1.

They'll preach Titus 2 at the intention of mocking 1 Timothy 2:9-14.

They'll preach Galations 3:28-29 at the intention of mocking 1 Cor. 14:34-35.

They'll preach Ephesians 2:8 at the intention of mocking 1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Cor. 11.

They'll preach the thief on the cross at the intention of mocking John 3:5.

They'll preach Exodus 20 at the intention of mocking Matthew 5:17-20.

They'll preach testimonies at the intention of mocking Matthew 7:21-24.

They'll preach optimistic thinking or 1 Cor. 13 at the intention of mocking John 5:39.

They'll preach wine at a wedding at the intention of mocking 1 Peter 4:1-4.

They'll preach on a great reputation at the intention of mocking Matthew 10:22 and Luke 6:26.

They'll preach on generational blessings at the intention of mocking Matthew 10:34-37.

They'll preach on tithing at the intention of mocking Galations 1:8-9.

They'll preach on minding your own business at the intention of mocking 1 Thess. 5:12.

They'll preach on ministry to the poor at the intention of mocking 2 Thess. 3:10.

They'll preach on common sense at the intention of mocking Jeremiah 17:9 and Jeremiah 10:23.

They'll preach on hearing God at the intention of mocking Romans 10:17 and John 6:63.

They'll preach on honor due at the intention of mocking Psalms 107:2.

They'll preach on getting along at the intention of mocking Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1.

They'll preach on bearing with people at the intention of mocking 2 Cor. 4:3 and Titus 3:10.

They'll preach on being global for Jesus at the intention of mocking Matthew 7:6.

They'll preach on prayer intercession for people at the intention of mocking John 17:9.

They'll preach on speaking in tongues at the intention of mocking 1 Cor. 14 and Romans 11:29.

They'll preach on prosperity at the intention of having mortgages on property and mocking 1 Timothy 6 anyway.

They'll preach on overflow at the intention of mocking Luke 12:15.

They'll preach on knocking and seeking at the intention of mocking Luke 3:14.

They'll preach on liberal giving at the intention of mocking 1 Cor. 9:18.

They'll preach against filthy lucre at the intention of mocking 1 Cor. 9:14.

They'll preach on more unity at the intention of mocking Ephesians 4:5 with many faiths in Jesus.

They'll preach on less paganism at the intention of pagan holiday worship and flag worship or
John 4:24.

They'll preach on Godhead theology at the intention of pagan godhead theology anyway or
John 8:24.

They'll preach on senior ministry at the intention of mocking 1 Timothy 5:9.

They'll preach on raising a family at the intention of mocking 1 Timothy 5:8 and raising a family on poverty income .

They'll preach against abortion at the intention of mocking Romans 12:17 with firearm expertise like the world.

They'll preach against evolution at the intention of mocking Colossians 2:8 and cheering on dinosaur expertise anyway.

They'll preach on responding to a church leader calling at the intention of mocking Romans 13:1 and
mocking the theology for man to ordain man into office in God.

Well enough said to attract the John 8:31 people or 100% bible believers together ONLY !!!

Amos 3:3 and Psalms 133:1 and John 17:21 and Matthew 7:6 and 2 Cor. 6 and Colossians 2:8.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Hi, I am looking at different churches in my area to join. One of the things that really concerns me is the lack of education that some Pastors have. Some of the Pastors around here have just formed their own churches with just a few courses in theological studies, not a formal education. Any thoughts on this? Thank you.
Obviously, judging by some of the self-proclaimed "pastors" here in City-Data, the education level is rather LOW...

How much education did the disciples have? The first few generations of pastors? Education is a very subjective term in relationship to church and Jesus.

What is it you expect a pastor to know? LATIN? GREEK? memorize the ancient lexicon? Be a walking concordance?

Or just understand the great commandment to love your neighbor who we see before claiming to love God whom we have not seen?

Old 01-07-2017, 12:41 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Just a GED is fine...

Old 01-07-2017, 06:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
How educated should a Pastor be?

The quality of being honest with themselves and others would be refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity