Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 08:45 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Ilene I really dont know why I beleive eternal seperation. I guess I just cannot grasp ET or UR and being seperated from God for eternity would be logical.
But it's not logical Robin, when you look at it from that perspective. What's logical is that Jesus Christ died for ALL and ALL is who will be saved. Because it's what God desires. And what He desires, He gets. You believe in ES by default because you know ET is not right, and you haven't really given UR much of a chance. I would suggest more study of UR, just on your own at your own pace. Not that you haven't already, just a suggestion.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:53 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Agreed. And I've run from God, cursed him, ignored him, and to no avail... Look at me now!

Jeremiah 23:24 Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.

Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Job 34:22 There is no dark place, no deep shadow, where evildoers can hide.

David asked the same questions...

Psalm 139:7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

To the bold... me too.

Great post, kat.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
To the bold... me too.

Great post, kat.
Me too

Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
True........especially when in Him we live and move and have our being. The only seperation i see in the scriptures is the alienated mind,caused by belief in a ministry of condemnation(2 Cor 3:9)
Quote:
Agreed. And I've run from God, cursed him, ignored him, and to no avail... Look at me now!

Jeremiah 23:24 Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the LORD. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the LORD.

Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Job 34:22 There is no dark place, no deep shadow, where evildoers can hide.

David asked the same questions...

Psalm 139:7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
Quote:
To the bold... me too.
Great post, kat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Me too
The beginnings of unity?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:43 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
True........especially when in Him we live and move and have our being. The only seperation i see in the scriptures is the alienated mind,caused by belief in a ministry of condemnation(2 Cor 3:9)
The carnal mind is under condemnation ... so it is only natural it condemns others.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:42 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The beginnings of unity?
In Christ there is always unity. We just have to "search" it in our hearts.
This is how reformation begins. Blessings to you.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
To the bold... me too.

Great post, kat.
Quote:
Me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The beginnings of unity?
Quote:
In Christ there is always unity. We just have to "search" it in our hearts.
This is how reformation begins. Blessings to you.
Ahhhhh... The unity of spirits. Lovely! We can run but we can't hide!

Where two or more are gathered.....

Old 06-23-2011, 11:23 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The carnal mind is under condemnation ... so it is only natural it condemns others.
I was one of those once too.... Naturally.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:36 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Quote:
To the bold... me too.

Great post, kat.
Quote:
Me too
me 4

Old 06-23-2011, 11:46 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
But it's not logical Robin, when you look at it from that perspective. What's logical is that Jesus Christ died for ALL and ALL is who will be saved. Because it's what God desires. And what He desires, He gets. You believe in ES by default because you know ET is not right, and you haven't really given UR much of a chance. I would suggest more study of UR, just on your own at your own pace. Not that you haven't already, just a suggestion.
Yes Christ died for all but not all will accept His offer. Yes God gets what He desires but He doesnt force us to comply. Christ died for all who will accept and God desires for all who accept to be with Him while all who do not accept get their wish, eternal seperation. You see I still believe God grants our wishes even if He doesnt agree with them and many prove by their choices that they want no part of the one true God and they follow after their own images of god. How do we reconcile this without forcing ones will on others. Heaven would be hell to some while hell would be heaven to the same.

I know you ave done so before but please share the verses which convinced you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity