Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:05 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,651,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hang your head in shame all you who believe God is not fair.But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.Matt 9:13

"If you, LORD, kept a record of sins,
Lord, who could stand. Psalm 130:3
Sorry, pcamps, you're not getting off that easy. You've explained absolutely nothing.

What does Matthew 9:13 (or Psalm 130:3, for that matter) have to do with God being fair? What definition of fair are you using? Also, you must refute my points that He is not fair, addressing each one. I explained quite thoroughly why God is not fair and I can go into further detail, backing up my explanation with multiple scriptures.

Otherwise, you're being just like the Pharisees.

Just because people consider fairness a nice quality, and God is obviously "nice", then He must be fair, right? That's faulty, humanistic logic.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hang your head in shame all you who believe God is not fair.But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.Matt 9:13

"If you, LORD, kept a record of sins,
Lord, who could stand. Psalm 130:3
That correct... if you want God to treat you fair and keep a record of your sin, you actually think you could stand?

There is a reason Jesus is the great "I AM" and not you.

This cup Jesus was forced to drink will be drank by somebody... and to be fair there is no possibilty of saving no thanks. If Jesus isn't your subsitute for drink...it's your cup to drink.
And a person doesn't have the power to say to God .... " Hey God, let this cup pass"

Rev 14:9-11
If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever."

Now accuse God about Rev 14:9-11

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-25-2011 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: so sorry about the spacing

Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 PM

It should have read:

This cup Jesus was forced to drink will be drank by somebody... and to be fair there is no possibilty of saying no thanks. If Jesus isn't your subsitute for drink he was forced to drink...it's your cup to drink.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Actually, and thankfully, God is NOT fair at all. Isn't that wonderful?!

If God were fair, everyone would get what they deserve. That's what fairness means - every person getting what they deserve. And the Bible says that there are none good, no not one. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. We would all be spending eternity in hell paying for our own sins. I don't want fair.

Instead, God is merciful and good. He sent Jesus to live and die for us, taking upon Himself the full payment of the penalty of the sins of those who accept His free gift of salvation, repent and turn their lives over to Him.

Nowhere in the Bible does man's definition of fairness play into it. He's just, holy, infinite and sovereign, but no, He's not fair.
The best news a person can hear is that Jesus endured the words of Isaiah 53:3 ...voluntarily though unfair

The best news one can hear is that the cup that was meant for me (despite Jesus' praying three times to have pass) Jesus drank in my stead.

The best news one can hear that by faith alone the cup will remain with Jesus and not fairly passed on to me.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:26 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I will not argue with you because Jesus says not to give pearls to swine. We do not serve the same God. Of this I am sure.
You do not believe in the God who IS love and who commands us to "love God and each other???"

Old 06-25-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The best news a person can hear is that Jesus endured the words of Isaiah 53:3 ...voluntarily though unfair

The best news one can hear is that the cup that was meant for me (despite Jesus' praying three times to have pass) Jesus drank in my stead.

The best news one can hear that by faith alone the cup will remain with Jesus and not fairly passed on to me.
One of my absolute favorite words is 'propitiation.'

Old 06-25-2011, 10:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do not believe in the God who IS love and who commands us to "love God and each other???"
My God died as a sacrifice because He so loved the world. He is the Lamb who was slain. Is this your God?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Sorry, pcamps, you're not getting off that easy. You've explained absolutely nothing.

What does Matthew 9:13 (or Psalm 130:3, for that matter) have to do with God being fair? What definition of fair are you using? Also, you must refute my points that He is not fair, addressing each one. I explained quite thoroughly why God is not fair and I can go into further detail, backing up my explanation with multiple scriptures.

Otherwise, you're being just like the Pharisees.

Just because people consider fairness a nice quality, and God is obviously "nice", then He must be fair, right? That's faulty, humanistic logic.
And neither are you getting off that easy portaying my Savior in the way you do.

We are not talking about niceties here, we are talking about who God really IS.The Pharisees hated Jesus not being fair in their own eyes and condemning folk, they hated him when he said things like "Son your sins are forgiven", "neither do i condemn you", "i came to save life not destroy it","bring the fatted calf and kill it" and so on.

Fundamental christianity hates the fact that God is not counting the sins of the people against them, because in it's eyes it's so so so unfair.

that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them 2 Cor 5:19

Last edited by pcamps; 06-25-2011 at 10:45 PM..

Old 06-25-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
My God died as a sacrifice because He so loved the world. He is the Lamb who was slain. Is this your God?
Here's the "MY God" defense. When people use that, it's a sure sign that they created God to be one of their liking. You want one you're comfortable with and that sits well with you. By doing that, you've brought God down to man's level and elevated yourself to God's level.

Yes, Jesus died on the cross as a sacrifice. Salvation is a free gift right? You can't earn it. It's given. Well, if I offer you a free gift, you have to accept it in order to get it. If you won't accept it, you don't have it. It's the same thing with salvation. By your way of thinking, I can offer you a brand new car and that's enough for you to now go around and tell everyone that you have a brand new car because I offered it to you.

The Bible is so incredibly clear on this that my niece who is in the second grade saw this on her own when she was reading scripture. How so many adults miss it is beyond me.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:43 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Here's the "MY God" defense. When people use that, it's a sure sign that they created God to be one of their liking. You want one you're comfortable with and that sits well with you. By doing that, you've brought God down to man's level and elevated yourself to God's level.

Yes, Jesus died on the cross as a sacrifice. Salvation is a free gift right? You can't earn it. It's given. Well, if I offer you a free gift, you have to accept it in order to get it. If you won't accept it, you don't have it. It's the same thing with salvation. By your way of thinking, I can offer you a brand new car and that's enough for you to now go around and tell everyone that you have a brand new car because I offered it to you.

The Bible is so incredibly clear on this that my niece who is in the second grade saw this on her own when she was reading scripture. How so many adults miss it is beyond me.
Here is why i do not believe fundamental christianity believes Salvation is a free gift.

Hypocrisy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity