Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 05:52 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Why do you dispute scripture? If you live after the flesh, you will die. There are no if's, and's or but's about it. Sin is detestable in God's eyes, so He made a provision for us to be released from that bondage of the devil: The shedding of Jesus' blood at Calvary. Not only does the Lamb's blood forgive past sins, but it sets people free from their captivity of ongoing sin. Therefore, if you still serve the flesh, then you have either never found this gift of God or you let it slip away through negligence. In either case, you're not ready for Heaven. The soul who continues to willfully sin is going to die.
Yet G-d abhors human sacrifice and states that no one can die for another’s sins, that each man shall die for his own sins...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 05:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Maybe not for your belief system, but it is for theirs. Are you hoping to recruit?
No, they keep claiming that they are the new Israel that Jesus is our Mashiach and he’s not...

Old 06-26-2018, 06:22 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, they keep claiming that they are the new Israel that Jesus is our Mashiach and he’s not...
Yes, that's a part of Christianity for some, but they cannot claim this on the Judaism forum.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:31 AM

33,236 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Willful sin will not keep the believer out of heaven. However, the eternal security of the believer is not a license to sin because he can come under divine discipline in time and he can lose out on eternal rewards. But he cannot lose his eternal salvation. People who think that salvation can be lost simply do not understand the concept of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:43 AM

1,146 posts, read 649,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Friend - sin will indeed shut you out of Heaven. When people really get saved, they stop all their willful sinning. If one is struggling with a certain sin, then they have to yield to the Lord to be released from that bondage, as you can't take it into Heaven. The highway of holiness makes no room for sin, and it's the only highway into Heaven. The reason people sin is because they are not yielding to the Lord, but rather their flesh. But, the Word makes it clear that yielding to the flesh is death.
Your post entirely ignores two things, the process of sanctification and the judgment of the church.

For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? - 1 Peter 4:17

Church leadership rarely addresses this most important point. Those who are saved, who are sealed with the promise of the Holy Spirit, will not be UNsealed. That does not, however, excuse them to do whatever they want. This licentious attitude is popular among church leaders today both in Catholicism and Protestantism.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

I once heard a Baptist preacher, who also held high office in a local Bible college, conclude his sermon on grace by saying, "go out and sin this week that grace may abound." May it never be and may God have mercy upon the ears and hearts of those who heard this most grievous doctrine of demons.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. - Jesus as quoted by Mathew 5:17

The cornerstone dogma of present Christian licentiousness asserts the Law has been destroyed or nullified.(*) NOT SO. May it never be!!! No one, saved or unsaved, is allowed to live lawlessly. This means that flirtations with sin, or willful sin as the lead post calls it, WILL BE PUNISHED. Such judgment and such punishment is swift and sure. Sinners have been given a very little time to repent, but for those who've been saved and who've been taught to know better - there is a swift and painful and permanent judgment coming upon them. Be not deceived, He who holds the keys of life and death and blessing and curses will not be slack in His enforcement of the Law.

Are you saved and justified by faith in the blood of Jesus so as to have escaped punishment according to the Law? THEN LIVE LIKE IT.....else you shall surely learn a sad and hard lesson at the very hand of God. No one is allowed to sin and get away with it.

The purpose of the Law is to lead us to repentance.

Repentance is an attitude of complete and total abandonment of sin. Read the Old Testament. Once the Hebrews were delivered from Egypt and became God's people, THEY WERE NOT ALLOWED TO RETURN TO EGYPT. Though they sinned and fumed against the very God of heaven they were not allowed to return. THEY WERE PUNISHED and many of them died in the desert because of their rebellion against God. Saved or not, licentiousness will not be tolerated in the Kingdom of God. Those who are in Christ and who continue to sin will be punished - perhaps even by an early death.

Once led unto repentance the process of sanctification is meant to make us separate unto God. The blood of Christ redeems us from the punishment of the Law SO THAT we may begin again with a clean slate and live our lives under the Law as pleasing to God and man. As it is written in Galatians 3:24 the Law becomes our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith. The faithful are not justified by the Law, but saved by grace SO THAT they may live pleasingly before God according to the Law but not condemned by it.

When Jesus met the woman caught in adultery He forgave her. Then He told her to "go out and sin no more". He didn't give her permission to open a brothel, yet this very thing is the hellish doctrine promulgated in our churches today. Is it any wonder that Christendom has lost its legitimacy in the eyes of the world?

Hear this O disbelieving people and all Christians who flirt with sin.

Our hope of eternal place and peace with God is certain and is not made or unmade with human hands, YET KNOW that immediate and earthly judgment will come swiftly upon those who commit willful sin. You will indeed reach heaven if you're saved, but you will be bloodied and beaten when you get there if you continue your lawless ways. It is even possible that God may execute death earlier than He had planned for you.

Jacob may have wrestled with the angel and won, but no man or woman living today can hope to sin and get away with it. Time is short and judgment is swift. Do you really want to chance it?

Jesus said, "Do NOT put the Lord your God to the test." - Luke 4:12

Do you really want to find out what happens if you do?

Be wise and repent of flirtations with sin.......you won't get away with it and it will surely bite you.

Abandon sin and learn the great secret of ages past, that there is a boldness and confidence that comes with righteous living WITH God that cannot be defeated by the world.

Learn also that the axiom, 'nobody's perfect everybody makes mistakes' is of the pit of hell. Mistakes are not the same thing as sin. If a little girl falls while learning to ride a bicycle, did she sin or did she merely make a mistake? Jesus was a carpenter in His youth. I imagine He smashed his finger with a hammer a time or two. When He did was it a mistake or did He take the Lord's name in vain and sin? Jesus probably yelled in pain at His mistake, yet was not angry and didn't sin.

We learn from our mistakes, but sins destroy us.

It is possible to live one day without sinning.

If we can live one day why not two or three or a week? Make mistakes, but don't sin when you do.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

(*)
Does the reader still think the Law is dead? Really? Which part, which one?. Examine the Ten Commandments, the Law. Is one who is saved allowed to lie cheat and steal? Is such a person allowed to take the Lord's good Name in vain? Are we all allowed to murder our neighbor, steal his goods and justify ourselves in the process? The Law stands. It is not destroyed, but will destroy those who break it.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 06-26-2018 at 07:18 AM..

Old 06-26-2018, 06:47 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
lmao, out of heaven is like out of the universe. That doesn't mean locked in discontent until you turn toward the light.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:00 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Willful sin will shut you out of Heaven (crucified, abominations, believe)?

So stop sinning. If you are that worried about getting into heaven, stop sinning.

There. I solved it for youse.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:27 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
"for youse"....haven't heard that since High School from an Italian girl...
It reminds me of the Soprano's ( East coast mafia)....'youse guys'.

On topic:

If my little boy willfully, deliberately defied me and climbed up to the cookie jar AND
even broke it.....OR deliberately damaged something out of boredom or acting out ...
heaven (ice cream or the amusement park) might be delayed a bit...
And I'm just a little ole human...that is how my love and heart works...I'm made in His image, after all.
My Father is not some meany.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:36 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Willfull sinning is often in the eye of the beholder.
The Bible is clear on what constitutes sin. As for “willful sinning”... All sin is willful.

We all are relying on God’s mercy. If He decides that no one enters His kingdom, He would be perfectly justified as we all have fallen short

Old 06-26-2018, 07:58 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
"for youse"....haven't heard that since High School from an Italian girl...
It reminds me of the Soprano's ( East coast mafia)....'youse guys'.

On topic:

If my little boy willfully, deliberately defied me and climbed up to the cookie jar AND
even broke it.....OR deliberately damaged something out of boredom or acting out ...
heaven (ice cream or the amusement park) might be delayed a bit...
And I'm just a little ole human...that is how my love and heart works...I'm made in His image, after all.
My Father is not some meany.

My best waitress voice- Juzwant cawfee?

Being willful is not a sin, neither is acting out.

Me: Don't make me come in there.
Sis: What are you going to do if you go in?
Me: Speak to them harshly.

The resulting conversation depended on which grandmother or aunt I channeled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity