Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:59 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I just wanted to do a poll showing how many Christians believe that the word of God, Christ our lord, will fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people. Do you believe Christ will fail, yes or no?

I didn't answer this because I think it's a leading question, in that I think it assumes that Christ was given a mission by God to save every last person who has ever lived, or will live, on earth. He was not. His mission was to save believers (only), who by faith receive the gift of salvation.

Bud

Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I didn't answer this because I think it's a leading question, in that I think it assumes that Christ was given a mission by God to save every last person who has ever lived, or will live, on earth. He was not. His mission was to save believers (only), who by faith receive the gift of salvation.

Bud
Exactly. I did not bother voting either for that reason.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:17 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Default Especially is inclusive

Quote:
I didn't answer this because I think it's a leading question, in that I think it assumes that Christ was given a mission by God to save every last person who has ever lived, or will live, on earth. He was not. His mission was to save believers (only), who by faith receive the gift of salvation. Bud
"God will have all men to be saved" 1Tim. 2:4

I believe that.

God is Savior of all men, especially believers (1 Tim 4:9-11)
(see why "especially" is inclusive, and cannot mean "only")
Especially Those That Believe

Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:

Bud
Actually, believers don't need to be saved. Right? It's unbelievers, what believers once were, that need salvation. Once you believe there really is no point in being saved again. Is there?

Besides... For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Paul said he was given mercy due to his ignorance and unbelief.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:21 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,158 times
Quote:
His mission was to save believers (only), who by faith receive the gift of salvation.>>>BudinAK
What you said does not explain the following verse: Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

There speaking of the Jewish nation, yet applicable to us all.

Deemed lost!

Then the word says: Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Have attained?

If the gentiles were lost, compared to the Jewish nation, and then having the4 Jewish nation declared in unbelief?

Who does that leave out, that God needs to declare as lost?

Ifr by the hand of God, declaration of "all are lost" or in unbelief, suppose ye think God has the responsibility to save all?

blessings, AJ

Old 07-10-2011, 03:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Exclusionary Theology falls short!

Old 07-10-2011, 03:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Exclusionary Theology falls short!
But your concise statements go a long way

Old 07-10-2011, 05:20 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:

Bud
Thanks for the explanation, but of course i believe you are very wrong, and that what you believe is not even remotely scriptural.

The scriptures plainly state that God is the savior of all people, most of all believers, and that god will have all people to be saved, and that God sent Christ to accomplish everything he desire and whatever pleases him. So either Christ will accomplish the mission for which God sent him into the world, to save the world and reconcile all things to God, as the scriptures plainly teach as well, or he will ultimately fail. Unfortunately you are wearing "the traditions of men" shaded glasses and cant see anything other than what you have been programmed to believe all your life.

But who knows, maybe your right and the scriptures i referred to are wrong.

You never know ....

Old 07-12-2011, 06:01 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Post The traditions of men

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, but of course i believe you are very wrong, and that what you believe is not even remotely scriptural.

The scriptures plainly state that God is the savior of all people, most of all believers, and that god will have all people to be saved, and that God sent Christ to accomplish everything he desire and whatever pleases him. So either Christ will accomplish the mission for which God sent him into the world, to save the world and reconcile all things to God, as the scriptures plainly teach as well, or he will ultimately fail. Unfortunately you are wearing "the traditions of men" shaded glasses and cant see anything other than what you have been programmed to believe all your life.

You never know ....
I think that most Christians live out their life and die believing what they were taught by their parents, Sunday school teachers, and pastors.

The Jesuit, Francis Xavier said,
"Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man."

Old 07-12-2011, 07:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:

You never know ....
Where does it say God sent Jesus here to accomplish everything He desires?

John 3:16 explains quite clearly why God sent Jesus here:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity