Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:02 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
100% of those who believe while under heaven.
Jesus didn't go seek the lost sheep after the sheep died.

Is there someone or some people that you do NOT want to see redeemed and rejoicing God...?

You seem pretty adamant and unwilling to even have HOPE....

which perplexes me to a certain extent.

Especially when knowing God's desire for humanity...

Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Read it a little closer ... sheep are only those who believe which is the context.

He didn't seek the "goats" in the story... which there are Matthew 25:33

He didn't seek the "pigs" ..... which there are Matthew 7:6

He didn't seek the "dogs" ..... which there are Revelation 22:15

He didn't seek the "ferocious wolves" ...... which there are Matthew 7:15

Brother... you are all of those things....and God is doing a good work in you and those things will one day be no more within you. Just like He is doing for every one else. You are special. Just like the rest of us.

peace,
sparrow

Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Brother... you are all of those things....and God is doing a good work in you and those things will one day be no more within you. Just like He is doing for every one else. You are special. Just like the rest of us.

peace,
sparrow
I used to be... that's what makes the sheep a "sheep".
A "sheep" isn't some who counts and believe on being one eventually.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I used to be... that's what makes the sheep a "sheep".
A "sheep" isn't some who counts and believe on being one eventually.
No, sorry.... there is still lots of work to be done within you my sheep friend. And God is DOING that good work...

Again... just like He is doing for all of the rest of us.

He is separating the goats from the sheep.
The dross from the silver.
The non-love from the love.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Is there someone or some people that you do NOT want to see redeemed and rejoicing God...?

You seem pretty adamant and unwilling to even have HOPE....

which perplexes me to a certain extent.

Especially when knowing God's desire for humanity...
I can't help it that you maintain a insistence of incorrectly making wrong conclusions when the truth says otherwise.

All I can do is keep on quoting all of the scriptures in context in hopes that there will be some who will see that God does not forgive those who reject him.

Once damned, always damned. It is a lie to say that God can be pleased eventually.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:09 PM

987 posts, read 1,119,498 times
I absolutely believe the Bible is the word of God and I believe in the restoration/reconciliation of every soul in heaven and on earth. I have many times stated that fact. I believe within every story in the Bible lies something which tells us of a future work, some of which has been accomplished in Christ at the cross, and some which is yet to be accomplished through the lens of time, though God declares that He sees the end from the beginning. I don't yet understand the significance of every word, but I do know a lot more than I once did.

I have often given a link to the writings of Steven Jones who uses Old Testament scripture to explain what God has done and is doing and will continue to do until He is all in all.

He talks much about the feasts of Israel, the Barley overcomers, the wheat company, and the fruit that must go through the wine press but when that is accomplished, the wine that results from crushing completes the communion table. He writes about the difference between Israel and Judah. He writes with much wisdom, in my estimation. I don't always agree, but I respect his views even when I don't. I also learned so much from reading the writings of A.P. Adams. I believe he had much insight into deep things of the Bible.

The Old Testament does depict harsh and horrible fates of both the righteous and unrighteous people, but God is able to ressurect all men and make them joyful and glad and understand why what happened had to happen.

It is a process to bring us from babies to sons, not just individually but the world as a whole through the ages.

Jesus is our loving kinsman-redeemer, praise the Lord.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I can't help it that you maintain a insistence of incorrectly making wrong conclusions when the truth says otherwise.

All I can do is keep on quoting all of the scriptures in context in hopes that there will be some who will see that God does not forgive those who reject him.

Once damned, always damned. It is a lie to say that God can be pleased eventually.
If you don't feel like answering the question at this time, that's cool.
Peace bro,
sparrow

Old 07-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Read it a little closer ... sheep are only those who believe which is the context.

Man, you know goats, pigs, dogs and wolves are all pretty awesome animals that God created. Each have very interesting and unique characteristics. Dogs... well, it goes without saying how awesome dogs are.
Pigs - very smart animals.
goats- can be very sweet and persistent... I knew one in particular, oh my.. I'm going to start tearing up.
Wolves - can't say enough about them.

I hope they get some sort of special status so to speak, in the next world to come (or however you want to phrase that). Because they sure have been dragged through the mud.

If someone calls me a pig, goat, dog or wolf... I'll take that as a compliment.

lol...

sorry if this offtopic, feel free to delete this, mods if you think it is!
Just had to get that off my chest.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:29 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Post The writings of a. P. Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I absolutely believe the Bible is the word of God and I believe in the restoration/reconciliation of every soul in heaven and on earth. I have many times stated that fact. I believe within every story in the Bible lies something which tells us of a future work, some of which has been accomplished in Christ at the cross, and some which is yet to be accomplished through the lens of time, though God declares that He sees the end from the beginning. I don't yet understand the significance of every word, but I do know a lot more than I once did.

I have often given a link to the writings of Steven Jones who uses Old Testament scripture to explain what God has done and is doing and will continue to do until He is all in all.

He talks much about the feasts of Israel, the Barley overcomers, the wheat company, and the fruit that must go through the wine press but when that is accomplished, the wine that results from crushing completes the communion table. He writes about the difference between Israel and Judah. He writes with much wisdom, in my estimation. I don't always agree, but I respect his views even when I don't. I also learned so much from reading the writings of A.P. Adams. I believe he had much insight into deep things of the Bible.

The Old Testament does depict harsh and horrible fates of both the righteous and unrighteous people, but God is able to ressurect all men and make them joyful and glad and understand why what happened had to happen.

It is a process to bring us from babies to sons, not just individually but the world as a whole through the ages.

Jesus is our loving kinsman-redeemer, praise the Lord.
The writings of A.P. Adams, (another UR believer that the Bible is the word of God) were a great help to me too ScarletWren, especially his writing on the purpose of evil.
evil.html

"God will have all men to be saved."
I believe that!

Old 07-14-2011, 02:07 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Read what? I caught that you said ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
100% of those who believe while under heaven.
Jesus didn't go seek the lost sheep after the sheep died.
100% of those who believe... Who ever disbelieves after seeing?

Quote:
33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

See...

Ecclesiastes 10:2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Goats are the fools, sheep are wise.... He didn't seek either in the story. He was separating them.

Quote:
6“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Again there is no seeking in this story either....

Proverbs 9:8 Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you.
Proverbs 23:9 Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words.
Proverbs 26:4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.

Fools are simply troublesome, aren't they?

Quote:
15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Again no seeking here either... Why do you post these verses if the have no actual value in showing who God didnt/doesnt seek?

Proverbs 6
16There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Quote:
15“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Did God seek anyone in this passage? Nope...

John 10:12 The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.

If you can post random verses... I suppose I can too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity