Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 06:28 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You could do it so much better? How humble of you Maybe you should put those skills to work in order to promote UR, because you are not making any progress boasting about your superior knowledge or by smearing the beliefs of other people. Your religion is summed up in your post above: pure contempt toward anyone who does not agree with you. No thanks I do not want what you have.
You don't want to have a God like we have Who will not let anyone suffer forever. If you are an employer or a parent, I genuinely feel sorry for the people under you and your children because your sense of justice is bound to filter down to the way you treat them.

We don't have contempt towards anyone.
We do have contempt towards what they believe because of the way it blasphemes the character of God.

It's as if the ET god says, “Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

IMO, that kind of god is a sadistic tyrant.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I will not lie and say otherwise to suit your sensibilities, i only say what i believe to be true. IMO You rarely if ever provide any substantial arguments for your beliefs, but instead seem to mainly just randomly quote verses you think prove your positions and speak rhetoric the rest of the time. Others here who believe in ET do a much better job of it. Most of the time it seems to me you are just using subversive tactics and running interference in order to destabilize threads about UR, or in threads where the arguments made in support of the doctrine of UR are prevailing.
Your opinion about me tells more about you than me. It is called psychological projection. There is no point in continuing this kind conversation, as I know it would only get worse and more personal.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:52 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Unhappy This is your idea of justice

Quote:
Your opinion about me tells more about you than me. It is called psychological projection. There is no point in continuing this kind conversation, as I know it would only get worse and more personal.
And IMO your opinion about God tell us more about you than about God because this is your idea of justice.

It's as if the your god says, “Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

Old 07-16-2011, 06:55 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Then let us return to the OP of this thread that i started, shall we? And please do provide any substantial arguments you have for your belief that Christ will fail too accomplish Gods desire to save all people, if you have any.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Then let us return to the OP of this thread that i started, shall we? And please do provide any substantial arguments you have for your belief that Christ will fail too accomplish Gods desire to save all people, if you have any.
That's easy being an ex fundy myself. The will of man is greater than the will of God.God is also limited(sigh) by the will of man,because his free will ability to choose and reject which looks scriptual to the carnal mind, is also greater than the desire of God and the will of God, which is, He's the Savior of All people.

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance(but a false doctrine,fallacy and God is against all who agree that it's acceptable, in the mind of the fundy). That is why we labor and strive(which us fundy's strive against), because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people(only those who believe), and especially of those who believe(now i'm confused,so i feel safe just believing in ET,God forbid that i should dare to be open to this portion of scripture,i might just go to hell for it) .

Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
meerkat2,look3467, you know I really appreciate the sentiments and the fact that you believe the way you do but I must say, and I mean this with no disrespect to either of you, unless you have lived in my culture you have no idea what it's about and there is no amount of book reading that will teach you what it is about. My ancestors do not reside anywhere with your Jesus, it's nice for you to believe so, but that is your belief, not ours. Your belief in Christianity is not a part of our culture, it never has been and it never will be.

look3467, you claim you had a hard time reconciling Native Americans with your Jesus. You still haven't learned. You may have found similarities in our culture and your belief, but that is all it is, similairties. You claim you have learned wisdom in regards to my culture and yet you bring the religion of Christianity to it, there is no wisdom there, there is only what you have learned from something that you read and what you read is merely the opinion of someone else who wrote what you've read, you have not lived a culture as I have and do every day of my life, so no disrespect, but there is no wisdom there. My culture and belief is many centuries older than your Christianity.

meerkerat2, it's nice to believe that there is but one god for many different beliefs and that that god answers to many different names, but the Creator of my belief has been around for far more centuries then your Christian god and no disrespect to your belief but I much prefer my own and when my time comes I know that I will reside in the next world with my Ancestors.

Now I thank the two of you (look3467, meerkat2) for the fact that you believe the way you do but I have no such belief as you do and there really are no such similarities between the Native American belief and culture and the belief of your Christianity.osay

Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
meerkat2,look3467, you know I really appreciate the sentiments and the fact that you believe the way you do but I must say, and I mean this with no disrespect to either of you, unless you have lived in my culture you have no idea what it's about and there is no amount of book reading that will teach you what it is about. My ancestors do not reside anywhere with your Jesus, it's nice for you to believe so, but that is your belief, not ours. Your belief in Christianity is not a part of our culture, it never has been and it never will be.

look3467, you claim you had a hard time reconciling Native Americans with your Jesus. You still haven't learned. You may have found similarities in our culture and your belief, but that is all it is, similairties. You claim you have learned wisdom in regards to my culture and yet you bring the religion of Christianity to it, there is no wisdom there, there is only what you have learned from something that you read and what you read is merely the opinion of someone else who wrote what you've read, you have not lived a culture as I have and do every day of my life, so no disrespect, but there is no wisdom there. My culture and belief is many centuries older than your Christianity.

meerkerat2, it's nice to believe that there is but one god for many different beliefs and that that god answers to many different names, but the Creator of my belief has been around for far more centuries then your Christian god and no disrespect to your belief but I much prefer my own and when my time comes I know that I will reside in the next world with my Ancestors.

Now I thank the two of you (look3467, meerkat2) for the fact that you believe the way you do but I have no such belief as you do and there really are no such similarities between the Native American belief and culture and the belief of your Christianity.osay
There can only be One true God regardless of what any of us believe individually. There's one world, one humanity, one ultimate truth, one God. And lots of confusion. Think about it.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:44 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
There can only be One true God regardless of what any of us believe individually. There's one world, one humanity, one ultimate truth, one God. And lots of confusion. Think about it.
And what makes you think that your god is the one true god, Just because it's written in some socalled sacred book doesn't mean is true. You stop and think about it.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:52 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
yes...it always gets beaten off the track with a load of tit for tats...

This is not addressing the premise of the OP, but rather is addressing a sub premise of it in that Universalism is applied to people outside the covenant.

Universalism, is based on the fact that salvation is realized in all people, whether they know it or not. I don't believe this is Biblical because Universalism, in Biblical standards, only pertain to those who have "life in the age to come." Those who get the chance to serve God's kingdom in that age.

Paul said, talking about Adam, "For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died....." so what is to say for those apart from the covenant of death or life, are they in it, without knowing?

This is the key...who is Adam...does he represent everyone, or does he represent the covenant...did Christ do the same?

Paul answered us prior to that:

For until the law sin was in the world:
but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

What God does with other people outside of the law, I remind, that was fulfilled in Christ in the Age to Come, is up to Him, and is strictly, apart from the Biblical text. We should stop assuming what God is going to do with everyone else and start worrying about what We are going to do for God.

Peace IRNMW

Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And what makes you think that your god is the one true god, Just because it's written in some socalled sacred book doesn't mean is true. You stop and think about it.
ptsum ....My view is that there is only one creator (God) ..... not lots of Gods ie a christian one and a greek one etc it is what/how people think about God that is different in each culture

I believe that God has shown different peoples different things at different times and places .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity