Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I respect your honest answer ,but how do you withhold the love of God to those who are not in covenant with God ?. Because at the end of the day if God only loves those in a covenant with him,what are we doing loving those who are not in covenant with Him.
Paul...I look at it like this....Christ is God's love, He is emulated by us in the love we are to portray to others...it is through us, that His love channels itself, via Christ only, through us. That is why we are told that love is above all, to extend God's loving grace. It is through Him, that God is all in all, with any and everyone who serves....the world receives that grace.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Men asking other men what GOD will do.
I think it's more like men asking and talking to other men about what they think God said He will do in the scriptures.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:37 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I am saying that God will someday not be loving toward those who reject him. That happens either after death or at the Final Day of Judgement.

And yes I know 1 Corinithians 1:8, 1 John 4:8.

Go find the OP of mine that qoutes all of "God is ___________", God is more than just "love".
Love never fails ... God never stops loving.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:08 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Post "Kolasis aionion"

The idea that one can find salvation only during this life time is an unscriptural myth. After death comes the judgment, yes, but that judgment will result in "kolasis aionion.'"

Kolasis aionion (literally age-during corrrective chastisement) doesn't save. Only Jesus saves. But it will condition the rebellious sinner to sooner or later reach out for the salvation that Jesus has provided by having them temporarily experience the consequences of their rebellion.

Unlike humans with their so very limited desire and ability to actually "reform" criminals in a reformatory, God, has no limit to the scope of both His DESIRE (born of the fact that He IS love personified not just loving), and His ABILITY (omnipotence) to actually achieve reformation in the heart of the sinner because of what Christ accomplished for all by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of His cross.

God has the desire, the ability, and the determinate will, to sooner or later, successfully save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, INCLUDING THEIR STUBBORN WILL, and He will not fail to do so, for "God will have (the Greek word is not 'desires') all mankind to be saved."

Old 07-18-2011, 05:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I am saying that God will someday not be loving toward those who reject him. That happens either after death or at the Final Day of Judgement.

And yes I know 1 Corinithians 1:8, 1 John 4:8.

Go find the OP of mine that qoutes all of "God is ___________", God is more than just "love".
So you agree that God IS loving towards those that reject him,but you believe after a man dies His love fails/ends towards them.

And so there remain Faith, Hope, Love--these three; and of these the greatest is Love(i don't see anything you subscibe to in these 3)
Twin God is love,it IS the greatest,loving our neighbor as ourselves is the fulfillment of God's desire for our lives, because this is who He is and all that He is,made known to us through His Son Jesus Christ.

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being .Heb 1:3

Take your eyes off what your carnal understanding of him is telling you He is,due to a veiled understanding of OT scriptures,and set your eyes upon the Life that is the light to all men and who is the exact representation of who God really is.

If we want to know what God is really like,we look to the life of His Son.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Does God love everyone? Yes: For God so loved the world

Does he save everyone? No: Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Old 07-18-2011, 06:06 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,930 times
Post God wills that all mankind be saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Does God love everyone? Yes: For God so loved the world

Does he save everyone? No: Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
Shall not be in a state of being lost.
Same Greek word.
We are all lost until Jesus finds us.
And He will find us all because God wills (the Greek word is not desires) that all mankind be saved.
What Does it Mean to "Perish?"

Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Same Greek word.
And He will find us all because God wills (the Greek word is not desires) that all mankind be saved.

It's so difficult to give up a belief that has been instilled unto you by fear,it was only by the grace of God that i was able to do so,and find myself open to the view that i could be wrong in what i'm believing.

The word perish is still used to frighten the world into believing or threatening it with the consequences of their version of hell.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Same Greek word.
God wills/desires that we seek, call, turn to, ask, open etc God to save us.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's so difficult to give up a belief that has been instilled unto you by fear,it was only by the grace of God that i was able to do so,and find myself open to the view that i could be wrong in what i'm believing.
Some people resist the calling/drawing of Christ for years, and even until their deaths, but once you accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour, those fears are wiped away in an instant. Hallelujah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity