Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:01 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
θέλω LSJ, Slater be ready to, wish...This is Ancient Greek...
So what you are saying is that God wishes for things that are impossible for him to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 03:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Sooner or later God always gets what he wishes.

God will have (wishes if you like) all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4)
It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11)

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wishes if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wishes)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wishes that pleases Him)

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the saving of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wishes)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him, is what He wishes.

His will = What He wishes
What does He wish?
THE SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

NEW TESTAMENT GREEK LEXICON

thelo

to wish
to will, have in mind, intend
to be resolved or determined
to purpose
to desire
to love
to like to do a thing, be fond of doing
to take delight in, have pleasure
Ah, from Thayer's...Sciota is right...It simply means want...Don't overcomplicate it...It also means ready to...

Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So what you are saying is that God wishes for things that are impossible for him to do?
What I am saying is you cannot use that verse to prove UR...It simply says that Hawyaw is read to or wants to save all...Not that He will save all...What you are implying into that verse is not what is actually there...One cannot make a purse from a sow's ear...It is what it is...

Old 09-14-2011, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Ah, from Thayer's...Sciota is right...It simply means want...Don't overcomplicate it...It also means ready to...
The point is that the word implies intent ... the intent of humans can be thwarted by God, but the intent of God cannot be thwarted by humans. You believe and teach that sin thwarts Gods intent to reconcile all things to himself and to save all people, and so you do not believe that God is in truth the savior of every person as the scriptures teach.

The most important part of the gospel is lost in your teachings, and that is that Christ died as the propitiation for our sin, and also for the sin of the whole world. You cant grasp the true and full extent of the grace of God in the work of Christ. And neither can you believe in his ultimate victory or in his power to accomplish absolutely everything he desires.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
And Scripture simply says that Hawyaw will do all according to His own counsel...And do any of us know His counsel?...Of course not...Desiring something and doing it are two different things...And His desires are according to His own counsel...And if thelo means ready to save all in the Ancient Greek...That would imply that He is waiting for the other party to do something...Like ask?...

Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
The point is that the word implies intent ... the intent of humans can be thwarted by God, but the intent of God cannot be thwarted by humans. You believe and teach that sin thwarts Gods intent to reconcile all things to himself and to save all people, and so you do not believe that God is in truth the savior of every person as the scriptures teach.

The most important part of the gospel is lost in your teachings, and that is that Christ died as the propitiation for our sin, and also for the sin of the whole world. You cant grasp the true and full extent of the grace of God in the work of Christ. And neither can you believe in his ultimate victory or in his power to accomplish absolutely everything he desires.
I do not teach that...I teach that Hawyaw has fore-ordained those that shall be saved...And those He calls...And those He sanctifies...And those He glorifies...So, therefore there is no more condemnation for those that are in Christ...Present tense...

Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
And Scripture simply says that Hawyaw will do all according to His own counsel...And do any of us know His counsel?...Of course not...Desiring something and doing it are two different things...And His desires are according to His own counsel...And if thelo means ready to save all in the Ancient Greek...That would imply that He is waiting for the other party to do something...Like ask?...
Multiple verses have already been quoted in this thread that show that the scriptures certainly and plainly teach that the word of God will accomplish everything he desires.

You want to skirt the issue. If God desires something his world WILL accomplish it and WILL NOT return in vain with out accomplishing EVERYTHING that he desires and for which he sent it.

Stop trying to cloud the issue ... You teach that God wants something he can never have ...

Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
When God is "ready to" He will save all mankind.

God’s purposes are not completed in this current age, but worked out in successive ages. (Eph. 2:7) The message of God’s saving work through Christ is glorious, and it is not limited to this lifetime as the “orthodox” church would have us believe. It is not in God’s plan “to save as many as He can before this life ends” only to throw the rest of His precious creation in the dumper for all eternity.

Jesus did not pray for the world, but for those whom the Father gave Him (the disciples). (John 17) Those who are Calvinists will twist this prayer of Jesus to say that God only has intentions to save the elect, while the rest are reserved for never-ending punishment, but they make the same critical mistake that most of Christendom does in that they do not see that God’s purposes for mankind do not end with this life.
GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Everything will be accomplished in GOD’S TIME, not ours. God’s purpose in this age is to bring a people to Himself (elect) in order to reach the non-elect in the ages to come. He is calling US in order to show forth His kindness to OTHERS in the ages to come. Once you see this truth, you will then understand why most people will never come to Christ in this age.

This does not mean God has forsaken the many and given them up to suffer never-ending punishments. The mercy, love, and compassion of our God will never fail and the Good Shepherd will keep on seeking and saving until everyone is saved.

The following link is a good exposition on what the Bible teaches about this subject.
REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
God, All in All!
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All
Twist away Chubby Checker....

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 AM

Quote:
I do not teach that...I teach that Hawyaw has fore-ordained those that shall be saved...And those He calls...And those He sanctifies...And those He glorifies...So, therefore there is no more condemnation for those that are in Christ...Present tense...
If God chooses only a few to be saved, then he also necessarily chooses the many to be damned, cant you see that simple fact?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Multiple verses have already been quoted in this thread that show that the scriptures certainly and plainly teach that the word of God will accomplish everything he desires.

You want to skirt the issue. If God desires something his world WILL accomplish it and WILL NOT return in vain with out accomplish everything that he desires and for which he sent it.

Stop trying to cloud the issue ... You teach that God wants something he can never have ...
His word will not return unto Him void...It will accomplish what it was sent out to do...Whether that is to convict or condemn...To save or to damn....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity