Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
How can you say that God wants to save every person, but then say that he predestines most people to eternal torture? Don't you realize the insane contradiction? ...
Maybe the every person that is a BELIEVER He desires to save...After all the letter is to Believers...Don't you think they understood that it was talking about them?...Hawyaw wants to save all that He predestined to save...After all Salvation does not come til the end....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Damn? The word damn doesn't even exist in the new testament. Condemn, be judged, to have a sentence passed on you ... Why cant you get it that serving a sentence is not possible if that sentence is eternal? There is no justice if the penalty is never served and the debt finally paid. Your belief that Eternal Torture is holy and righteous justice is not only utterly insane, it is ultimately a perversion of true justice and of Gods word.
If Hawyaw is eternal and Salvation is eternal...whay not Judgement and sentencing...after all WE have life sentences in prison...

Old 09-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
A snippet from
Etymology of the Word "Damn"
"Let us look into the etymology of this word "damn." We may find some interesting surprises."
Etymology of the Word Damn
You are twisting the Word to your own destruction...

Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
Posted by Ironmaw

Or, to ask the question another way, How can you say that God is ready to save every person, but then say that he predestines most people to eternal torture? Don't you realize the insane contradiction?

Posted by Richard

The question put yet another way
How can you say that God wants, and is ready to save every person, but then say that he predestines most people to not asking to escape from eternal torture? Don't you realize the insane contradiction?
I don't think that is what I said....

Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Default God will have all men to be saved - period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Maybe the every person that is a BELIEVER He desires to save...After all the letter is to Believers...Don't you think they understood that it was talking about them?...Hawyaw wants to save all that He predestined to save...After all Salvation does not come til the end....
The letter is telling believers that God will have all men to be saved.

He is talking to believers about all men.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Let me guess. You're one of the lucky ones His word was sent out to save. Right? Congratulations. Try not to worry too much about all those other unlucky souls. OK? It might steal your joy.
Not at all...However, I will not twist Hawyaw's Word to make it say something it does not...Though He slay me yet will I praise Him...

Old 09-14-2011, 02:15 PM

Default When God is "ready to" He will save all mankind

When God is "ready to" He will save all mankind.

God’s purposes are not completed in this current age, but worked out in successive ages. (Eph. 2:7) The message of God’s saving work through Christ is glorious, and it is not limited to this lifetime as the “orthodox” church would have us believe. It is not in God’s plan “to save as many as He can before this life ends” only to throw the rest of His precious creation in the dumper for all eternity.

Jesus did not pray for the world, but for those whom the Father gave Him (the disciples). (John 17) Those who are Calvinists will twist this prayer of Jesus to say that God only has intentions to save the elect, while the rest are reserved for never-ending punishment, but they make the same critical mistake that most of Christendom does in that they do not see that God’s purposes for mankind do not end with this life.
GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Everything will be accomplished in GOD’S TIME, not ours. God’s purpose in this age is to bring a people to Himself (elect) in order to reach the non-elect in the ages to come. He is calling US in order to show forth His kindness to OTHERS in the ages to come. Once you see this truth, you will then understand why most people will never come to Christ in this age.

This does not mean God has forsaken the many and given them up to suffer never-ending punishments. The mercy, love, and compassion of our God will never fail and the Good Shepherd will keep on seeking and saving until everyone is saved.

The following link is a good exposition on what the Bible teaches about this subject.
REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS
God, All in All!
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All

Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
That is not what I am saying...What I am saying is that that verse has thelo and thelo means want not will do something...

Since you cant seem to recognize all the insane contradictions of your false teachings even when they are spelled out for you in black and white, it seems that you may be a little lacking in logical aptitude. Don't get me wrong i do not doubt your intelligence, but it seems that you directly ignore the myriad contradictions that are the inevitable result of what you profess to believe - in favor of your theological programming ... As if you have forsaken common sense for superstition and false religion.

Always dancing your theological *** around the issues, makes for good evidence of the fact that what you profess is false religion.

Carry on ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-14-2011 at 04:19 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 03:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
No he is not...He is showing how guilable you two are...
Us gullible? ... Not at all.

You are just presently in bondage to a spirit of violence and malevolence, of pride and apathy - the spirit of your false God - so you cant accept the truth because you don't want it to be true, because you enjoy thinking that you are better than almost everyone else.

People who believe like you will be the very last to enter the kingdom ... All the arrogance and pride must first be burned away, and then when you finally realize that you are not any better than anyone else and just as pathetic(if not even more so), only then will you come to understand Gods unconditional love for all people and only then will you be entering in. Until then you will continue to be like the pharisees, an obstacle trying to block the way of everyone else ...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/malevolent

wishing evil or harm to another or others; showing ill will; ill-disposed; malicious: His failures made him malevolent toward those who were successful.
evil; harmful; injurious: a malevolent inclination to destroy the happiness of others.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-14-2011 at 04:23 PM..

Old 09-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Post Sooner or later God always gets what he wishes

Quote:
θέλω LSJ, Slater be ready to, wish...This is Ancient Greek...
Sooner or later God always gets what he wishes.

God will have (wishes if you like) all men to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4)
It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11)

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wishes if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wishes)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wishes that pleases Him)

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the saving of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wishes)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him, is what He wishes.

His will = What He wishes
What does He wish?
THE SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity