Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 07:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is also quoted that perishing means going to hell, so you cannot help but think what they are saying is if you are not perishing you are going to heaven.
Well, I hope this thread has clarified things about "eternal life" for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
And...that is as crystal clear as you can get it. It amazes me that so many think it is something that it clearly is not.
And what is it that "so many" think?

Old 11-05-2011, 08:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, I hope this thread has clarified things about "eternal life" for you.
Well I hope next time you quote John 3:16 it is not in the context of saving your skin from hell and going to heaven instead.Because you are the one more than anyone else on this forum that quotes it in this context.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Just when it has been clarified for you, you come right back to repeat your false claim.

This thread, and your comment above, proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that you have no clue what I, or any other Chrstian believer believes, and that is why you keep misrepresenting their beliefs. Either you are completely clueless, or very dishonest. Which is it?
I'm Clueless and dishonest . Well at least you will consider what context you choose to use John 3:16 in, in the future, we wouldn't want you snared by your own words would we ?. Xoxox

Old 11-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I'm Clueless and dishonest . Well at least you will consider what context you choose to use John 3:16 in, in the future, we wouldn't want you snared by your own words would we ?. Xoxox
Moderator cut: Orphaned

I don't remember ever quoting John 3:16 for any other reason that to point out the necessity of faith (that whoever believes), and for the words "For God so loved the world". I am afraid you are making yet another false claim. But of course you can always show me one of the quotes you refer to.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-14-2011 at 07:29 AM..

Old 11-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Clueless OR dishonest, one or the other
I'm actually both . Xoxox

Old 11-05-2011, 10:41 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Ultimately, it's about going to heaven.

I think ultimately it's about receiving the life of the holy spirit, but still one fails to know whether such ultimates with their theological conditions CAN really be adequately solved or were adequately ever solved.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Ultimately, it's about going to heaven.
Theo I believe you have a heart for God, I have enjoyed a lot of your posts even though you and I believe quite differently .

The only reason I have pulled this post is because you are honest enough to admit it is ultimately about going to heaven for you.

There are others who are posting on here denying that Christians believe this,and dishonest enough to deny they do, even though this forum is littered with such statements from them.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
i'm actually both . Xoxox
ok, if you say so, then so be it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-05-2011 at 12:22 PM..

Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 AM

33,244 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
The Tree of Life is Christ Himself. He is not physical food. He says to us to eat of His flesh and drink His blood in Communion because we supernaturally become His flesh and blood as the church [the body of Christ]. The scriptures record that many were offended in this and walked away because they did not understand what Jesus meant. He said that these things are Spiritual. The Fruit of the Tree is peace, love Joy, etc, in the Holy Spirit and the leaves of the Tree [REV 22:2] are for the healing of the nations because green represents Holiness and leaves take the pollution of the world and give back pure air. In the case of Christ, He takes our sin and gives back the pure "Air of Heaven which is Holiness. The Throne of God is depicted as the green of an emerald because as I said green represents Holiness.

ROM 1:4 "And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of Holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:" In like manner all green things herald the resurrection from the death of winter unto spring and then the fruit will come onto the trees in due time. Creation is a picture of Spiritual things and so befitting to symbolize Spiritual things.

These things are Great Truths [hidden manner] of Power to those who can "hear."
REV 2:17 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; "To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna."

Even now we are the Bride of Christ and the marriage supper will take place at the end of this age.
REV 22:17 "And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." We are the Bride giving invitation to the world.

Be careful what you say if you do not know these things lest you destroy the Holy things for yourself and for others.
The tree of life is not Jesus Christ. Originally the tree of life was planted in the garden of Eden. After Adam and the woman sinned, they were driven out of the garden, so that they could not eat of it and live forever in their now corrupted bodies. Had they eaten of the tree of life, they would have lived forever but eternally cut off from God.

In Revelation 22, the tree of life is described as growing on either side of the river of the water of life. It will produce twelve different fruits, yielding its fruit each month.

In Revelation 2:7 Jesus speaks of the tree of life as a reward for the believer who overcomes.

But, yes the church is even now the bride of Christ.

As for the church being described as the body of Christ, that refers to the unity of both Jew and Gentile being brought together as a new creation called the Church, a new spiritual species - a new creation. This is accomplished by the Holy Spirit placing the church-age believer into union with Christ.

Getting back to the resurrection of the body, the Bible teaches that the body is physically resurrected. It is a material body. It is changed into a body of immortality and incorruptability but it is still physical. Again, Jesus Himself said His resurrection body was one of “flesh and bones,” he was not a spirit (Luke 24:39). Jesus was physically resurrected and therefore so will the believer be Rom 6:5 'For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection. That Paul says in 1 Cor 15:44 that the body is raised a spiritual body does not deny or contradict that the resurrected body is still physical. That it is still material.

Refer to the following for a better understanding of the nature of the resurrection body:

Blue Letter Bible - Help, Tutorials, and FAQs

Essential Truths of the Resurrection

The Resurrected Body of Christ | Learn The Bible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity