Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,611,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Perhaps it is your idea of what a Christian is that is lacking. Most of those who oppose my views here are more Bibleans than Christians. I believe in Jesus Christ as the savior of our entire species from eternal separation from God by His sacrifice in love for us all by enduring our barbaric savagery through scourging and crucifixion in forgiveness because "we knew not what we did." He was reborn as Spirit (resurrected) and abides with us today as the Living Word of God. His Holy Spirit in human consciousness form (Comforter) is available to us all within our consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts" so that we "need not that any man teach us the truth." It is impossible for any one to join God but through His perfect human consciousness (Holy Spirit) in "love of God and each other." I have not questioned your Christianity . . . why do you presume to question mine? Only God can judge.
I question yours because you have said over and over again you do not believe in the bible. Jesus Himself affirms His belief in the entire word of God umpteen times in the New Testament.
Personally, I can't see that it's even possible to grow past the babyhood level of a Christian without an understanding of at least the basic beliefs of How, why, what and where that are only obtainable through bible study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 PM

64,026 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I question yours because you have said over and over again you do not believe in the bible. Jesus Himself affirms His belief in the entire word of God umpteen times in the New Testament.
Actually I have never said any such thing . . . but I have been accused of it many times. I know the scriptures contain Inspirations from God interpreted by ignorant but sincere primitive minds. I find those inspirations . . . they mostly lead to Christ and how to know who He is, how to validate Him and what He will accomplish to give us hope. It also contains useful material for instruction in righteousness by providing examples of BOTH Good and Evil. It is God-inspired . . . but neither infallible nor inerrant. Christ NEVER affirms His belief in the scriptures as the entire word of God . . . He IS the Living Word of God and His words are the words of God, period.
Quote:
Personally, I can't see that it's even possible to grow past the babyhood level of a Christian without an understanding of at least the basic beliefs of How, why, what and where that are only obtainable through bible study.
This requirement to believe in a whole slew of beliefs ABOUT Christ is a major stumbling block and misinterpretation of the Gospel. The Gospel is to "Believe Christ" and have faith that what He said and did is the truth. The idea that we must believe all these supposedly important "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Christ that are what is called Christianity (actually Bibleanity) . . . is just silly. Christ wanted followers to follow His commands to "love God and each other" . . . NOT profess some arbitrarily determined set of beliefs ABOUT Him in the "precepts and doctrines of men.".

Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Jesus Himself affirms His belief in the entire word of God umpteen times in the New Testament.
I was under the impression that JESUS IS THE WORD OF GOD.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM

From what I have read of your posts Mystic I for sure would have thought that to you the entire idea of a subsitutionary atonement would be one of those ignorant and savage ideas. Do you in fact believe that Jesus was put to death and shed His blood on that cross to purchase your pardon? Do you believe that His blood washes away your sins and propitiates God Almighty?

As far as Jusus not saying He believed the OT to be the absolute truth and God's perfect truth, I have much to say and many proofs of. It's too late to night to get into it though so I'm going to bed.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
From what I have read of your posts Mystic I for sure would have thought that to you the entire idea of a subsitutionary atonement would be one of those ignorant and savage ideas.
It is.
Quote:
Do you in fact believe that Jesus was put to death and shed His blood on that cross
Yes I do.
Quote:
to purchase your pardon? Do you believe that His blood washes away your sins and propitiates God Almighty?
No. The savagery is thinking God needed a blood sacrifice to propitiate Him. That savagery dates so far back in time we have lost track of its true origins. Christ died because of (for) our sinfulness and savage barbarity . . . not because God needed to have His anger appeased.
God has no anger, no jealousy, no vengeance, no envy, no lust, no greed, nor any of our myriad human psychological weaknesses. God has NO weaknesses, period. God is unconditional love and acceptance who even tolerated our savage treatment and murder of His Son.
Quote:
As far as Jusus not saying He believed the OT to be the absolute truth and God's perfect truth, I have much to say and many proofs of. It's too late to night to get into it though so I'm going to bed.
I look forward to it.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,537,731 times
Sigh, no wonder bible says that "many are called but few are chosen." Also, that "narrow is the way."

I am too busy looking at my rotten self to dare to think that God loves me more than the next guy, or subscriber of the next philosophy, denomination or whatever.

Now, I do have discernment and know when I encounter yet another goofball trying to save me at my front door, etc....not wrong to discern if others are coming from an empty place of error, but I don't dwell on it or think that God loves them less than He loves me.

I keep myself in line by honestly suspecting that God's Holy Spirit holds His own nose to even approach me, while I thank God that He does, at times indeed engage me.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
It is. Yes I do. No. The savagery is thinking God needed a blood sacrifice to propitiate Him. That savagery dates so far back in time we have lost track of its true origins. Christ died because of (for) our sinfulness and savage barbarity . . . not because God needed to have His anger appeased.
God has no anger, no jealousy, no vengeance, no envy, no lust, no greed, nor any of our myriad human psychological weaknesses. God has NO weaknesses, period. God is unconditional love and acceptance who even tolerated our savage treatment and murder of His Son.I look forward to it.
The fact that you do not believe in the reason for Christ's sacrifice, how and what it avails those who believe and trust in that makes anything I might say about the bible and what it teaches completely moote to you so I'm not going to waste my time any further.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
The fact that you do not believe in the reason for Christ's sacrifice, how and what it avails those who believe and trust in that makes anything I might say about the bible and what it teaches completely moote to you so I'm not going to waste my time any further.
Yet again the misrepresentation and dismissal because I do not accept the ancient ignorant interpretations of the sacrifice. I believe in Christ's sacrifice . . . but I KNOW it was truly a sacrifice of love for us all because we "knew not what we did" . . . NOT to appease some angry savage God with blood. Retaining such ancient ignorance and savagery within the same mind with Christ's beautiful message of love and forgiveness is double minded. It is the result of the "precepts and doctrines of men." Sincerely and honestly seek the Holy Spirit within to guide you to what God has "written in our hearts" to find the truth that we need no men to teach us. Peace in Christ's love,
Mystic

Old 12-07-2011, 01:02 PM

531 posts, read 481,048 times
Quote:
God has no anger, no jealousy, no vengeance, no envy, no lust, no greed, nor any of our myriad human psychological weaknesses. God has NO weaknesses, period. God is unconditional love and acceptance who even tolerated our savage treatment and murder of His Son.I look forward to it.
God is a jealous God. Read the 10 commandments and tell me that God is not jealous. He says He is.

He wants to be our first love. Just because that doesn't fit your idea of God, doesn't mean it isn't true.

He wants to be our choice. and if something else comes along, He expects us to maintain our attention on Him.

If you are out on a date with a girl... and another girl walks in and you turn to look at her as she walks by, is the girl you are actually out on a date with gonna feel special? is she gonna feel like she's the only one?

or is she gonna be jealous?

Exodus 20: 5

Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
God is a jealous God. Read the 10 commandments and tell me that God is not jealous. He says He is.

He wants to be our first love. Just because that doesn't fit your idea of God, doesn't mean it isn't true.

He wants to be our choice. and if something else comes along, He expects us to maintain our attention on Him.

If you are out on a date with a girl... and another girl walks in and you turn to look at her as she walks by, is the girl you are actually out on a date with gonna feel special? is she gonna feel like she's the only one?

or is she gonna be jealous?
Exodus 20: 5
::Sigh:: If you understood the basis of jealousy in human psychology you would know that God could not possibly possess such weakness, period. It is not worth discussing with those who are vested in ignoring 2000+ years of knowledge to retain the ancient ignorance of our ancestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity