Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 01:08 PM

531 posts, read 480,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God has no anger, no jealousy, no vengeance, no envy, no lust, no greed, nor any of our myriad human psychological weaknesses. God has NO weaknesses, period. God is unconditional love and acceptance who even tolerated our savage treatment and murder of His Son.I look forward to it.
i am really surprised at this... You believe that God has no anger? Never?

Now i know that God is love. it is his main attribute. But love and anger are not always mutually exclusive. I love my son even when i'm punishing him for disobedience(and i get angry at him-very).

but i still love him.

Judges 2: 11-12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 01:10 PM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtkirk View Post
i am really surprised at this... You believe that God has no anger? Never?
Now i know that God is love. it is his main attribute. But love and anger are not always mutually exclusive. I love my son even when i'm punishing him for disobedience(and i get angry at him-very).
but i still love him.
Judges 2: 11-12
::Sigh:: If you understood the basis of anger in human psychology you would know that God could not possibly possess such weakness, period. It is not worth discussing with those who are vested in ignoring 2000+ years of knowledge to retain the ancient ignorance of our ancestors.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
::Sigh:: If you understood the basis of jealousy in human psychology you would know that God could not possibly possess such weakness, period. It is not worth discussing with those who are vested in ignoring 2000+ years of knowledge to retain the ancient ignorance of our ancestors.
it is not a weakness. you see it as such. but it is part of who he is. and it makes perfect sense. If God would stand for such a thing as his followers to come and go as they pleased with their devotion, and it didn't bother him in the least, would that mean that he really cared for us?

human psychology... as we understand it. is it subject to change in the future? yep. don't be so short sided to say that human psychology is not open to argument, or revisions based on future "breakthroughs" in thinking.

You place your hope in books of human minds. I place mine in the book of God.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
::Sigh::
It must be such a lowering of mental bearings for someone like you to come down from the mountain of human accomplishment and talk to the lowly masses of ignorance, but I for one appreciate your efforts.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
it is not a weakness. you see it as such. but it is part of who he is. and it makes perfect sense. If God would stand for such a thing as his followers to come and go as they pleased with their devotion, and it didn't bother him in the least, would that mean that he really cared for us?
More carnal thinking based on our human frailties. What makes you think God needs us to worship Him. That is egotistical human thinking. Worship is to aid US to attune our Spirits to God's Holy spirit in "love of God and each other." It is NOT for God.
Quote:
human psychology... as we understand it. is it subject to change in the future? yep. don't be so short sided to say that human psychology is not open to argument, or revisions based on future "breakthroughs" in thinking.
You place your hope in books of human minds. I place mine in the book of God.
::Sigh:: Change as the result of improved knowledge is always welcome. Deliberately ignoring advanced knowledge and retaining ancient ignorance as a sign of Faith is the epitome of close-mindedness. If medical doctors has done this they would still be hanging garlic and wolfsbane around the necks of their patients to chase away the evil spirits!

Old 12-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
More carnal thinking based on our human frailties. What makes you think God needs us to worship Him.(?)?
well, I know He wants us to.

Matt 4:10 10 Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.’”

i don't think i ever said God needs our worship. like if we all stop abruptly, God gets really sick from neglect? that's crazy. But He wants our worship.

Now. this is Jesus talking in Matthew. Are you saying that Jesus either meant something else or didn't mean it or never really said it. Because its pretty clear to me and i'm stupid... so.... what?

Old 12-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
That is egotistical human thinking.
um... i got it from the Bible.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
well, I know He wants us to.
Matt 4:10 10 Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.’”

i don't think i ever said God needs our worship. like if we all stop abruptly, God gets really sick from neglect? that's crazy. But He wants our worship.

Now. this is Jesus talking in Matthew. Are you saying that Jesus either meant something else or didn't mean it or never really said it. Because its pretty clear to me and i'm stupid... so.... what?
Yes He want us to do it . . . but it is for OUR benefit . . . NOT His. It is for what it helps us to do and be spiritually. He is not jealous if we don't . . . He is sad because we are damaging ourselves spiritually . . . just as any Father would be with a child who is failing in life and making all the wrong choices.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,379 times
Quote:
Yes He want us to do it . . . but it is for OUR benefit . . . NOT His. It is for what it helps us to do and be spiritually. He is not jealous if we don't . . . He is sad because we are damaging ourselves spiritually . . . just as any Father would be with a child who is failing in life and making all the wrong choices.
Now, this is one of the most beautiful things you have said! Sincerely, Have a great day! garya123

Old 12-11-2011, 06:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,372,420 times
Just to keep this thread on track...

What types of injustices can we expect when one people considers themselves "chosen of God?"

Your thoughts?

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity