Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:15 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,547,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Bolded by Verna.

Well now, that is a lie from the pit of hell...straight up! Rafius.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Timothy 1:10 ...for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

...and Sodom & Gomorrah perished!...burned for it!...forever separated from God!...

Genisis 19:5 They (the men outside Lot's door) called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Deuteronomy 23:18 You must not bring the earnings of a female prostitute or of a male prostitute into the house of the LORD your God to pay any vow, because the LORD your God detests them both.
Sorry. I don't know the Bible as well as I should. Is this Old Testament or New Testament? Before Jesus died on the cross for our sins or after?

Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDi60 View Post
Look also at verses, 23-24.
24Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

Why is he offering his daughter and a concubine to homosexuals? If the men outside the door were gay, why would they take the girl and the concubine over the man?

The verse is about the ritual defiling of men by heterosexual men as an act of dominance. It was common practice. It's not about homosexuals. You are driving your daughter away from you because you do not understand your own Bible. You are relying on what your evangelical preacher is telling you instead of bothering to find out what scholars, who have spent a life-time studying the Bible, are telling you. On your own head be it.

Quote:
The town was burned to the ground for its homosexual practices.
Can you show me the verse that specifically says it was burned to the ground because of it's homosexual practices.

Last edited by Rafius; 12-08-2011 at 04:29 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,547,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
This is where I'm conflicted. The OP wants folks to pray for her lesbian daughter to [I gather] "change" back into a heterosexual, however that works. But for those who know better, do we coddle her wishes when we know there is NO such thing as praying away the gay or do we, WITHIN RESPECT to her and her daughter, try to enlighten her on what is so blatantly wrong with the whole OP? In doing so, we would have to "break it down", so to speak, but I figure that would not fly over here and would be seen as an attack on Christianity - OR would be an attack on ignorance?

This, to me, would be akin to someone using some obscure verse to back up a claim why their white/black son/daughter should not be with someone of another race and then asking folks to PRAY that they wise up and return to their "own kind."

My opinion? You leave the poster alone since you can't grant her request. As for her daughter? She probably doesn't need your help from her. She is probably seeking out her own friends and her own support group, so your help probably isn't required. Maybe someone who is closer to the OP's beliefs MIGHT be able to convince her to pray for God's Will. Or maybe convince her that if she maintains a relationship with her daughter, they wold both be better off...

Just my opinion, since you put the question out there.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:22 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No it isn't a lie. The verse you are referring to is the condemnation of ritual sex acts in religious services by male temple prostitutes.... as are all the Bible verses that Christians use to condemn homosexuals. There was no 'homosexuality' as we know it today in those days. In fact, the term 'homosexual' didn't exist until the 19th century when it was invented by a German law student named Karl Heinrich Ulrichs.
At that time they did not have temples, or temple prostitutes. Also, Leviticus did not use the word "homosexual". It simply says "if a man lies with a man like you lie with a woman". It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Quote:
So if the men outside Lot's door were homosexual, perhaps you could explain why Lot offered them his daughters. What would be the point of offering girls to gays?? No dude, we are talking about the days when male rape as an act of dominance was commonplace. The men outside Lot's door were not homosexuals they were heterosexuals (evident from Lot offering his daughters to them). They were indulging in the act of ritual subjugation.

It is the misunderstanding of the verses you quote that causes the problems that the OP is experiencing now.
They were not interested in the daughters, they were interested in the MEN.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
At that time they did not have temples, or temple prostitutes. .
Oh! So the Jews didn't have temples huh?

Old 12-08-2011, 05:07 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I pray that your daughter will repent, but she may not. People can and do resist the will of God. We can certainly pray for them and she might repent, but God did not make us robots and she will may never repent. I hope you will focus on the blessings you have in your granddaughter and put your energies into raising her right, and helping her grow to be a strong Christian woman.
How does one repent from a sexual orientation one is born with??? It's not like changing your hair color, which can be died and changed. I don't remember ever making a choice to be heterosexual...that's just what I am. Do you honestly think a lesbian chooses to be lesbain???

I sincerely want to know what you think the answer to this question is.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Please help me pray for her. God bless and thank you my brothers and sisters.
I will pray for the acts of "giving" and "receiving" as both require open hands through a heart of love, not
judgmentalism; thinking we are morally superior, when it comes to right or wrong behaviors and attitudes.

Peace, be with you.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Oh! So the Jews didn't have temples huh?
Not at the time of Moses (Leviticus). They were wandering around the desert living in tents at that time.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,107 times
Default It's a shame this thread h as turned into this, but I will not back down either if posters are allowed to post this JUNK

Quote:
Hopefully, she will see that her Bible does not condemn homosexuality and perhaps she will accept her daughter despite her sexuality.....instead of driving her away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Bolded by Verna.

Well now, that is a lie from the pit of hell...straight up! Rafius.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Quote:
No it isn't a lie. The verse you are referring to is the condemnation of ritual sex acts in religious services by male temple prostitutes.... as are all the Bible verses that Christians use to condemn homosexuals. There was no 'homosexuality' as we know it today in those days. In fact, the term 'homosexual' didn't exist until the 19th century when it was invented by a German law student named Karl Heinrich Ulrichs.
Oh really? You know all those junk books and junk gods you said you've studied...none of it did you any good.

Not only is a man having sex with another man, or a woman having sex with another woman abomination, but it is placed in the same catagory as beastiality...that's pretty sick...it goes against everything held sacred...God did not create His creation like this, He is not a God of confusion, it's abomination...an abhorance...God detests it...God loathes it.

Leviticus 18:

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

18:25 I visit - I am about to visit, that is, to punish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
...and Sodom & Gomorrah perished!...burned for it!...forever separated from God!...

Genisis 19:5 They (the men outside Lot's door) called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
So if the men outside Lot's door were homosexual, perhaps you could explain why Lot offered them his daughters. What would be the point of offering girls to gays?? No dude, we are talking about the days when male rape as an act of dominance was commonplace. The men outside Lot's door were not homosexuals they were heterosexuals (evident from Lot offering his daughters to them). They were indulging in the act of ritual subjugation.
I'm not a dude. I am a woman.

Again...Really...?

Genesis 19:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them (KNOW - MEANS HAVE SEX WITH THEM!).

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

19:8 This offer from Lot, of his two daughters was just WRONG!!!...BOTH WERE SINS! of which neither should have been a choice!!!

9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
10 But the men (THE TWO ANGELS OF GOD!!!) put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
11 And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

19:11 The two angels smote those wicked men wih blindness! and that ended their attempt to sodomize Lot's guests!...thus sealing their burning up the next day!

12 And the men (THE TWO ANGELS OF GOD) said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it. 19:13 We will destroy this place - The holy angels are ministers of God's wrath for the destruction of sinners, as well as of his mercy for the preservation and deliverance of his people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
It is the misunderstanding of the verses you quote that causes the problems that the OP is experiencing now.
What is very, very sad Rafius is, No, it is beyond your own ABILITY to comprehend the Truth of God's Holy Word. Why?...because the Spirit of Truth you do not have...The Spirit of Knowledge in God's Word you do not have...The Spirit of Wisdom to live in the will of God for your life, you do not have...and that is the truth I am very sorry to say. God's Word can ony be understood and lived out if only by the Spirit...and that Rafius, you do not have. Even if you did read every word of Scripture a thousand times, you would not understand, NOR WOULD YOU LIVE IN, the Truth of it.

..and I noticed that you didn't comment on the rest of these verses, but I do not want you to, because again, you do not know the meaning of them....you will only reject them and call them lies because you do not believe in God's word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Timothy 1:10 ...for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Deuteronomy 23:18 You must not bring the earnings of a female prostitute or of a male prostitute into the house of the LORD your God to pay any vow, because the LORD your God detests them both.
Quote:
Greetings in the mighty name of Jesus:
I don't have the time I need right now but I do wish to add to go to the 19th chapter of Judges and read about the tribe of Benjamin and a town called Gibeah.

Gibeah, was the homosexual capital of the Benjamites. Look at Judges 19:22, read that verse and let it sink in deep. Look also at verses, 23-24.

Look what God did! God sent jugement 65,100 men were killed, (40,000 Israelites and 25,100 Benjamites).

The town was burned to the ground for its homosexual practices. We in America are worse then Sodom and Gomorrah, and Gibeah. We have become desensitized to evil!

Homosexuality and Lesbianism are wrong, read the New Testement and see how it will be before the Lord returns. God will turn people over to reprobate minds, and they will believe a lie.

That's all I wish to say right now. The only thing I wanted was prayer for my daughter, not to have to say what is right and what is wrong.

In Christ Service
PrincessDi60
Greetings Diana. I am sorry it turned into this..but it is what it is on this forum...you just have to go with it.

God Bless you dear soul.
In Christ,
Verna

Last edited by Verna Perry; 12-08-2011 at 05:45 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
First time on this site, I am a Christian and I have went through many battles, but this battle is probably the worst one in my entire life. I have a daughter who is 38, who has three children, one of those has been adopted by my husband and I years ago, my husband died 5 yeears ago. One year ago my daughter started living with a 18 yr old woman. She is a lesbian now and she wants me to condone her relationship with this other woman. I will not condone it and say it's right when I know that it's a abomination to God. He destroyed Sodom and Gommorah because of this ugly sin and life style. I have tried to reason with her and tell her it's wrong but still love her, but she has pulled herself away from me and now is seeing a phychologist. The phychologist must be telling her that she is ok living this kind of life style and that she should be proud and go on with her life. My daughter was brought up in a Godly family and knows the word of God, when she served the Lord she served and loves him with all her heart, but when she isn't serving God she is serving the devil with all her heart. God has always had a plan for her but the devil always has tried to destroy her and I have been through many trials and battles with her, because she has been a drug addict and a was a heavy user of liquor, but the drugs was one of the worst things that ruined her life until this latest episode with her being a lesbian. She has recently been diagnosed with Lupus, she has been on Social Security disability for about 8 years now. I am 61 and raising a 16 yr old and that in itself is a job in itself. I need people to agree with me that the Good Lord will intervene and do what ever it takes to get her out of this life style. I have found out that she has had other Lesbian relationships in the past. It seems to me that the Lord has given her over to a reprobate mind when it comes to this lesbian problem. She has disowned me and doesn't want me to see my Grandchildren. Please help me pray for her. God bless and thank you my brothers and sisters.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/gallery/7120/thumbs/7120_271604_280000000.png (broken link)http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/gallery/7120/thumbs/7120_271604_280000002.png (broken link)

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-08-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.