Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 12:25 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,657,928 times

Advertisements

Matthew 24

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Zephaniah 2

1Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD's anger come upon you.

3Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger.

John 14

1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Isaiah 26:20-21

King James Version (KJV)

20Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

21For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

The "Caught Up"/Harpazo/Rapture is scriptural. It is clearly "pre-wrath", but it doesn't mean our faith won't be tested. While it rains on the just and unjust, we can take comfort that God's wrath upon the world is clearly toward the unbelieving rebellious world drinking from the cup of babylon.

This amazing concept called the "Rapture" is biblical contrary to what many are claiming. Paul's writings weren't even mentioned here. The event in itself is passive on our part except for watching. "Watching" is clearly talking about being sober to what's going on in the world around us doing the will of the Father. We are commanded to seek the LORD in meekness and righteousness. Lord Jesus tells us to pray always.

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Escaping?

Seek the Lord Jesus, meekness, and righteousness praying always in servitude to the Lord. Don't let this issue become an issue of contention. We can have faith that the Lord will do what he says he will do. So we comfort each other with these words in a world that is growing in its hostility toward the Biblical message and its believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 03:54 PM

9,702 posts, read 10,068,333 times
Yes Jesus said for our stand so we will not be deceived in Revelations 16: 15......``Behold I come as a thief..Blessed is he that watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame``.... so in these days it will pay to be lead by the Holy Spirit or we could end up supporting the side of error which we would have to take to our judgment seat before the Lord ..... See Noah was raptured to the Lord and was delivered to a renewal in the earth ....So as this witness of Noah we have our confidence that Jesus will deliver us to renewal in the earth and be raptured of the resurrection of the body of Christ........... So do you need confidence that Noah arch was true.? Do a web internet search of the France explorer called Fernand Navarra.... who Seen the arch and touched it and brought pieces from the arch back into France

Last edited by hljc; 12-14-2011 at 04:04 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 04:07 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,733,336 times
Lee7986 poated:

Matthew 24:36
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

RESPONSE:
This is the altered version of Matthew 24:36 which has been corrected in most modern bibles.

"‘But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (NRSV)

But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of the heavens, nor the Son, but the Father only." (Codex Sinaticus, 325AD)

The phrase "nor the Son" was dropped because it showed that Jesus was lacking in divine knowledge and hence not divine. But the phrase had never been eliminated from Mark's gospel from which Matthew copied and, since it's found in the oldest manuscripts, it's been restored in modern Bibles.

And for those who've overlooked it, there has been no second coming or rapture to date.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:08 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I Corinthians 15:51-52 'Behold, I tell you a mystery: we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed - in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound and the dead in Christ will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.'

Sorry, but a mystery is a hidden truth that was not revealed in the past and only now [Paul's time] is it being revealed.

This is the problem with zealous uses of metaphor, allegory, figures of speech, etc. - you can make anything say anything at any period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity