Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this belief blaspheme?
Yes 12 75.00%
No 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Well, depending on what the manufacturer or salesman knows will happen, and whatever power they have to prevent it, yes...that is what scripture actually tells us.

Consider the following law:

Exo 21:33 And if a man shall open a pit, or if a man shall dig a pit, and not cover it, and an ox or an ass fall therein;
Exo 21:34 The owner of the pit shall make it good, and give money unto the owner of them; and the dead beast shall be his.

Now, consider that law within the context of the Garden setting, and what transpired there.

Here is another law that carries a similar thought:

Exo 21:28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.
Exo 21:29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.

Now, consider the wayward ox within the context of sinful man. Do you find that context being one of the reasons for Jesus' fulfilling the law?
Another case of men, enacting laws.
Perhaps, you will elaborate on the last sentence for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 04:44 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Another case of men, enacting laws.
Man's to carnal to create those laws, they're spiritual laws (Rom 7:14).

Quote:
Perhaps, you will elaborate on the last sentence for clarification.
No need, I see you got it...

Old 01-21-2012, 02:02 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes I forgot that once someone says they are a Christian, magically they know all truth, that they never become hardened,they need not be open,and the only people who need to hear the truth are unbelievers. My Bad !!

Just to add (and its only my opinion),Christians including myself can be some of the most closed minded people when it comes to truth, because we beleve we already have it all. Truth as Christians believe is not worth the paper it is written on unless it is a reality in our lives.
I was not implying what you think I was implying, Paul...Believers need admonition, chastisement, exhortation, etc...However, that verse is not speaking toward a believer, but a non-believer...When you go out to witness and you are rejected it is not you that is being rejected but Jeshua, so you are instructed to 'shake the dust off of your feet' and the blood will be on their heads for rejecting the Gospel...There are other instruction pertaining to believers who do not listen to sound advice and continue to do the wrong thing...You are to admonish a brother once, then on the witness of twoo, then three, if he does not change his ways he is to be put out from the assembly in order that he does not corrupt the rest, but this is also for the purpose of being corrected by handing him over to the devil so that he may learn not to blaspheme...

Old 01-21-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Of course God is omniscient, however not according to your understanding of His omniscient.

God is omniscience is seen in that He searches the reigns of our hearts what we will do and what we won't do, it has nothing to do with before the creation of the world where man is concerned.

Tell me Richard if God is omniscient after your understanding of it why does God need to be everywhere?

Why do we need to be tested to see if we will obey His voice or not?

Why do the scriptures portray God as coming into the earth to see if all He has heard was correct?

Why does He need to search our hearts if He already know what is in them?

Why does He say after testing man NOW I know you will withhold nothing from me?
Maybe because we are sentient beings..."The living knew themselves just sentient puppets on God's stage" (T.E. Lawrence) - www.thefreedictionary.com/sentient

Old 01-21-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I disagree. Paul was the "apostle to the gentiles" and in this section of Romans he says the creation was subjected to futility which is akin to being bound over to disobedience. It includes the whole creation, not just jews....

Romans 8:18–25
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. 24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.
No, that verse comes from Romans 11 and Paul is speaking about Israel being bound over to disobeidience until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in, in the end all Israel shall be saved...

Rom 11:1 I say then, Did not God thrust away His people? Let it not be! For I also am an Israelite, out of Abraham's seed, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 "God did not thrust away His people" whom He foreknew. Psa. 94:14 Or do you not know what the Scripture said in Elijah, how he pleaded with God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, "they killed Your prophets," "and they dug down Your altars," "and only I am left, and they seek my life." 1 Kg. 19:10
Rom 11:4 But what does the Divine answer say to him, "I reserved to Myself seven thousand men who did not bow a knee to Baal." 1 Kg. 19:18
Rom 11:5 So then, also in the present time a remnant according to election of grace has come into being.
Rom 11:6 But if by grace, no longer is it of works; else grace no longer becomes grace. But if of works, it is no longer grace; else work is no longer work.
Rom 11:7 What then? What Israel seeks, this it did not obtain, but the election obtained it, and the rest were hardened;
Rom 11:8 even as it has been written, "God gave to them a spirit of slumber, eyes not seeing and ears not hearing" until this day. Isa. 29:10; Deut. 29:4
Rom 11:9 And David said, "Let their table become for a snare and a trap, and for a stumbling block," and a repayment to them;
Rom 11:10 "let their eyes be darkened, not to see, and their back always bowing." LXX-68:23, 24; MT-Psa. 69:22, 23
Rom 11:11 I say, then, Did not they stumble that they fall? Let it not be! But by their slipping away came salvation to the nations, to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 But if their slipping away is the riches of the world, and their default the riches of the nations, how much more their fullness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you, the nations, since I am an apostle of the nations, (I glorify my ministry),
Rom 11:14 if somehow I may provoke to jealousy my flesh, and may save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if their casting away is the reconciliation of the world, what is the reception, except life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 Now if the firstfruit is holy, so also the lump. And if the root is holy, so also the branches.
Rom 11:17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree were grafted in among them, and became a sharer of the root and the fatness of the olive tree,
Rom 11:18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, it is not you that bears the root, but the root bears you.
Rom 11:19 You will say then, The branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.
Rom 11:20 Well! For unbelief they were broken off. And you stand by faith. Do not be highminded, but fear.
Rom 11:21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, fear that it may be He will not spare you either.
Rom 11:22 Behold, then, the kindness and severity of God: On those having fallen, severity. But on you, kindness, if you continue in the kindness. Otherwise, you will also be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And those also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in. For God is able to graft them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if you were cut out of the natural wild olive tree, and against nature were grafted into a good olive tree, how much more these being according to nature will be grafted into their own olive tree?
Rom 11:25 For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be wise within yourselves, that hardness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the nations comes in;
Rom 11:26 and so all Israel will be saved, even as it has been written, "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
Rom 11:27 And this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sins." Isa. 59:20, 21
Rom 11:28 Indeed, as regards the gospel, ones hostile toward you, but as regards the election, beloved for the sake of the fathers.
Rom 11:29 For the free gifts and the calling of God are unregrettable.
Rom 11:30 For as you then also disobeyed God, but now have obtained mercy by the disobedience of these,
Rom 11:31 so also these now have disobeyed, so that they also may obtain mercy by your mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God shut up all into disobedience, that He may show mercy to all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches and of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who became His counselor?" Isa. 40:13
Rom 11:35 "Or who first gave to Him, and it will be repaid to him?" Job 41:11
Rom 11:36 Because of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Correct me, if I am in error, but that law was enacted by men.
However, you are right about one thing.

"Once you know that your actions are the cause of something, then you are held responsible; not God."
Indeed...

Old 01-24-2012, 04:12 AM

376 posts, read 419,803 times
My view.
God created everything. I think most agree with that. I think most will also agree that everything God does is perfect.
So if God's intention is a perfect world/creation with only perfect people like Jesus then why is there sin?
Let's take Adam and Eve for example. How could the serpent trick them? Simply because they were not perfect. The serpent will never manage to trick Jesus for example.
What about satan? If God only creates perfection how could satan be a murderer from the beginning?

Isa 45:71 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

In the creation account we read several time: "....God saw it was good"

What is good? Are flawed humans that start sinning good?
Good depends greatly on the context.
A good chirugeon saves many lives in his career.
A good army general wipes out 10,000 enemy troops in a day.

So when God said it was/is good it simply means it was good for the intended purpose.
If the intened purpose would be Jesus like saints then God obviously failed big time.
Or is everything working out according to a great plan....?
:-)

Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
My view.
God created everything. I think most agree with that. I think most will also agree that everything God does is perfect.
So if God's intention is a perfect world/creation with only perfect people like Jesus then why is there sin?
Let's take Adam and Eve for example. How could the serpent trick them? Simply because they were not perfect. The serpent will never manage to trick Jesus for example.
What about satan? If God only creates perfection how could satan be a murderer from the beginning?

Isa 45:71 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

In the creation account we read several time: "....God saw it was good"

What is good? Are flawed humans that start sinning good?
Good depends greatly on the context.
A good chirugeon saves many lives in his career.
A good army general wipes out 10,000 enemy troops in a day.

So when God said it was/is good it simply means it was good for the intended purpose.
If the intened purpose would be Jesus like saints then God obviously failed big time.
Or is everything working out according to a great plan....?
:-)

Hey WW good to see you here.

Here is the problem with that understanding.

What your saying in effect is evil is good for a season; sin is good for a season; disobedience is good for a season, etc.

Yet we are told not to say evil is good and good is evil, and there is no qualification on this issue to say that evil is good for a season.

I form the light, and cut down darkness: I make peace, and cut down evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Jesus is the light of the world and His light cuts down darkness, always has and always will.

Love worketh no evil
Love thinketh no evil
God is love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity