Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,372,420 times

Advertisements

Some Christians do not want peace in the Middle East. They want war, because to them a war means that Jesus will come back.
To me, a person who does not want peace is not following the "Prince of Peace," but only the prince of this fallen world.
Having said this, I know that many Christians would not appreciate this wonderful video, simply because they don't want peace:

We Love You - Iran & Israel - YouTube

and the original message:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agK8...KlLMqAfsVrA%3D

"Blessed are the Peacemakers.. for they shall be called "the children of God."" -Jesus

Peace!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Fair play to him. A real end time message.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Some Christians do not want peace in the Middle East. They want war, because to them a war means that Jesus will come back.
To me, a person who does not want peace is not following the "Prince of Peace," but only the prince of this fallen world.
Having said this, I know that many Christians would not appreciate this wonderful video, simply because they don't want peace:

IRANIANS WE LOVE U: a message to Iran from Israel - YouTube

"Blessed are the Peacemakers.. for they shall be called "the children of God."" -Jesus

Peace!
brian
And blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,639,720 times
Rejecting Jesus as the only Way to God is rejecting the Creator.

1 Thessalonians 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

John 14:6

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There won't be any World Peace until the Prince of Peace comes back.

2 Thessalonians 2

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Daniel 8:23-25

23And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:22 PM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:

IRANIANS WE LOVE U: a message to Iran from Israel - YouTube

Peace!
brian

Beautiful!!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,935,404 times
Peace & Love
at the cost of Truth & Justice
is a Fairtail 0f Foes.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 AM

Default "Dead religion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Rejecting Jesus as the only Way to God is rejecting the Creator.

1 Thessalonians 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

John 14:6

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There won't be any World Peace until the Prince of Peace comes back.

2 Thessalonians 2

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Daniel 8:23-25

23And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Revelation 13:8
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Thank you for your post, Lee. I think it quite accurately sums up much of the American fundamentalist mentality, which, while I may agree with on some things, yet when the rubber hits the road and we're called to act and not just talk, I come head-to-head in disagreement. (Hence this thread.)

See, it's easy to talk faith. It's easy to say, "I believe this verse, I believe that verse."
And since most fundamentalists don't believe in action, they stay harmless in their pews. Religion is relegated to the church hall and bible studies.

But sooner or later we have to act.

So how do we act towards one another?

Well, a favorite writer of mine, Leo Tolstoy, was of the idea that either you stay faithful to a doctrine and pew-warming, or else you actually do the things that Jesus commanded on the Mount: love your enemies, turn the other cheek, pray for those who hate you, etc..

What I am seeing, is that many Christians don't actually do anything. They just believe. They study the Bible. They spout scriptures.

And that's where their faith ends. No action. No Sermon-on-the-Mount pilgrimage.

I know that the mentality exists in America (I don't think it exists anywhere else) that religion and politics must be "separate."
But I don't agree. To me, religion is politics. That's why some countries throughout history have banned it: because it was invasive to their territory.

Religion requires action. Otherwise, what's the use? Why do we even read Jesus' commands about how to live, if they aren't taken seriously?

To me, many Christians don't take Jesus seriously. Sure, they study the Bible, they sing songs of praise, they give testimonies of various sorts.

But the way they live their lives is completely separate from Jesus' commands. In words, they worship Him. But in actions, they completely ignore Him, and choose to follow politicians and strange prophesies that often don't stand up to closer scrutiny because they are against Christ's commands of how to live. Their religion is "hollow" and just words.

According to the verses you cited, I'm supposed to expect war, and expect that people won't be saved but lost.
But that's not how Jesus commanded us to act. His words were no joke: if you want to be like the Most High, you have to live a certain way. And that way means working for peace.

BTW: to be "broken without hand" means (obviously) that defeat is not obtained using physical force, but by spiritual power. In other words, chest-beating and stick swinging have never been Jesus' way of doing things.

Yet so many Christians don't believe it! They actually don't believe the very words of Jesus Christ.

Blessings of His Love,
brian

Old 03-29-2012, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Peace & Love
at the cost of Truth & Justice
is a Fairtail 0f Foes.
Was Jesus' and Paul's message of justice "an eye for an eye" or "love your enemies and serve them?"

"Justice" in the OT was replaced by Jesus' teachings of mercy and humility, which were a Higher way, and are still rejected by the religious leaders of today as much as they were rejected back then.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Maybe an uncensored internet (Iranians and everyone able to view stuff like this) is the key to future world peace. But TPTB will oppose it, like in China today.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:50 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,935,404 times
Quote:
Was Jesus' and Paul's message of justice "an eye for an eye" or "love your enemies and serve them?"

"Justice" in the OT was replaced by Jesus' teachings of mercy and humility, which were a Higher way, and are still rejected by the religious leaders of today as much as they were rejected back then.

Blessings,
brian
God is Truth & Justice, not me.

Yes, I love my enemies and do good to them.
And when they will not relent?
God brings Truth & Justice on my behalf.

It is Jesus Who said, 'Do Not Think That
I Came To Bring Peace On The Earth.
I did not come to bring Peace but a Sword..." - Matt.10:34-40
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity