Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It is the universalists who argue there is no such thing as 'eternal'.
Not true God bless and peace.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 AM

376 posts, read 419,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
PS. The continued use of derogatory "ETer" does nothing but show your willingness to stir up fights.
ET is what you believe and promote as the truth. Just should be proud to wear that label because it shows you are a teacher of Truth.
Or do you feel ashamed of that "truth"?

(2Tim 1:8) therefore thou mayest not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but do thou suffer evil along with the good news according to the power of God,

Old 05-05-2012, 05:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
ET is what you believe and promote as the truth. Just should be proud to wear that label because it shows you are a teacher of Truth.
Or do you feel ashamed of that "truth"?

(2Tim 1:8) therefore thou mayest not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but do thou suffer evil along with the good news according to the power of God,
I am not ashamed of any part of the message of Jesus message, but since the message I promote revolves around salvation, then why associate me with "torment" and your own beliefs with "salvation"? I am just trying to level the playing field here. Universalists believe jesus taught (its in the Bible) that people suffer eternal torment, but that it is not actually eternal, so lets call them Aoinian tormentors. Fair? I think so. Of course the problem withe Aoinian torment camp is the fact that one day they claim there is no torment/punishment at all, but when you ask them if there is any consequence for sin, they are quick to say that there is, and that what "torment" means.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-05-2012 at 05:23 AM..

Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"The frontal and temporal lobes of emotion, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth."

(BTW - I have studied various languages for over thirty-eight years, speaking seven fluently; three from birth)

That's very impressive. Most people don't know any languages at birth. You were a very special child.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not ashamed of any part of the message of Jesus message, but since the message I promote revolves around salvation, then why associate me with "torment" and your own beliefs with "salvation"? I am just trying to level the playing field here. Universalists believe people suffer eternal torment, but it does not mean eternal, so lets call them Aoinian tormentors. Fair? I think so.
I do not believe anyone suffers eternal torment. Torment is not of God, it comes out of the heart of man.

Faithful are the wounds of a lover, Proverbs 27:6, for the wounds of a lover also heal Job 5:18

Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
The question is what are you going to say to God if in the end, you were wrong.

I would ask God when He changed His mind:

And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

Jeremiah 7:31

Strange that God would do something in a much larger scale when He said it never came into His heart?

ironically this very place is your supposed "hell", Gehenna

Quote:
According to UR Theology which is not Scriptural, I would have nothing to worry about because all are saved right?
if you were a serious Christian and universalist you would worry wether you teach right or wrong, there are other topics than eschatology were Christians also should worry if they teach right or wrong, no matter if they believe in hell or not.

do you think God would be happy, when He is the savior of all men but some teach eternal damnation, don't you mind if you disappoint God, even there would be no consequences? - This is basically the same argument as "if universalism we true, let's go and sin" - this argument doesn't speak for the character of whom uses it.

Last edited by svenM; 05-05-2012 at 08:43 AM..

Old 05-05-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I would ask God when He changed His mind:

And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my heart.

Jeremiah 7:31

Strange that God would do something in a much larger scale when He said it never came into His heart?

ironically this very place is your supposed "hell", Gehenna
It's going to take a tad more than that to challenge God and beat Him in a debate over His own laws.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:46 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,526 times
Quote:
It's going to take a tad more than that to challenge God and beat Him in a debate over His own laws.
I am not going to challenge God at all - I rather challenge those whom I consider to misrepresent God and His laws, I fail to see being everlasting punishment a part of God's law, annihilation maybe, but certainly not everlasting torment

Old 05-05-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I am not going to challenge God at all - I rather challenge those whom I consider to misrepresent God and His laws, I fail to see being everlasting punishment a part of God's law, annihilation maybe, but certainly not everlasting torment
The question was what you would tell Him if you were wrong, and your answer indicated you'd try to wave the Bible at Him and tell Him a thing or two about His own law. I don't think it will go well for you but, good luck.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Universalists believe jesus taught (its in the Bible) that people suffer eternal torment ....

Those who believe in the restoration of all to God do not believe that people suffer eternal torment. Jesus did not teach this. God bless and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.