Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 AM

467 posts, read 467,542 times

Advertisements

This is the BELIEF of today's Man: "I will decide for myself what to believe; NOT the Scriptures NOT the Church"!!

Truth is: "Today's man, is a God unto himself!"

1) Today's Man Believes: "God can't give me his flesh to eat!!"
Yesterday's Man:
Ignatius of Antioch
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Scriptures:
"This IS my body"!
&
"My flesh is real food, by blood is real drink"!

2) Today's Man Believes: "Baptism does NOT save!"
Yesterday's Man:
John Chrysostom
"Do not be surprised that I call martyrdom a baptism, for here too the Spirit comes in great haste and there is the taking away of sins and a wonderful and marvelous cleansing of the soul, and just as those being baptized are washed in water, so too those being martyred are washed in their own blood" (Panegyric on St. Lucian 2 [A.D. 387]).

Scriptures:
"Make disciples of all nations, baptizing"!
&
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved!"

3) Today's Man Believes: "Jesus left his Church at the reformation"!
Yesterday's Man:
Ignatius of Antioch "Let no one do anything of concern to the Church without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop or by one whom he ordains [i.e., a presbyter]. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Scriptures: "I am with you ALWAYS to the very end of the age"!
&
"The CHURCH is; Holy, Blameless Body of Christ!"

4) Today's Man Believes: "The Church can't teach me"!
Yesterday's Man:
Firmilian
"[Pope] Stephen ... boasts of the place of his episcopate, and contends that he holds the succession from Peter, on whom the foundations of the Church were laid [Matt. 16:18]. ... Stephen ... announces that he holds by succession the throne of Peter" (collected in Cyprian’s Letters 74[75]:17 [A.D. 253]).

Scriptures:
"Listen to the Church"!
&
"All the authority of God is given, go and TEACH all nations!"

5) Today's Man Believes: "All I need is faith!"
Yesterday's Man:
Cyprian of Carthage
"Whoever is separated from the Church and is joined to an adulteress [a schismatic church] is separated from the promises of the Church, nor will he that forsakes the Church of Christ attain to the rewards of Christ. He is an alien, a worldling, and an enemy. He cannot have God for his Father who has not the Church for his mother" (The Unity of the Catholic Church 6, 1st ed. [A.D. 251]).

Scriptures:
"Man is JUSTIFIED by what he does!"
&
"He who does RIGHT is RIGHTEOUS!"

The man of today must; Reject the Scriptures the Early Church Father's and LOGIC to believe; "He can decide for himself truth"!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
While it is true that truth is absolute not relative to our opinion, you're opinion of what is absolute truth is not absolute truth. Death is the great equalizer when the results are seen for all those that choose to add or take away from God's Word which he throughout the entire Scriptures proclaim is the "Word of God".

Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Luke 8:20-22

20And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.

21And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 11:27-28

27And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Christians believe the Scriptures.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM

461 posts, read 480,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
While it is true that truth is absolute not relative to our opinion, you're opinion of what is absolute truth is not absolute truth. Death is the great equalizer when the results are seen for all those that choose to add or take away from God's Word which he throughout the entire Scriptures proclaim is the "Word of God".

Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

20And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.

21And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

27And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Yes ,"blessed are those that hear the word of the Lord and keep it."

I know the Lord and I keep His word.

"Blessed are the pure of heart they will see God."

"Blessed is He who's way is blameless, who walks in the law of the Lord."

Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Sounds like many have lack of Holy Spirit in churches were legalism, and relativism of false prophets spirits and antichrist logic against faith authority , which can be right in church were we all go .... then there are many who are passionate to the Lord and walk in the gifts helping others be blessed in Christ, as stay in the truth of Jesus Words ..Lord Jesus still has a plan for people who are poorly developed in Christ , and will alway wait a help those who may be sleeping in Christ, so Prayer for our underdeveloped brothers and sister is needed for Jesus to bring them around .....

Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:

Matthew 7

lee9786 hello I hope all is well...
I reply: Truth is GOD! In other words.. "God can't lie, he can't deceive"! Yes you are right.. "OPINIONS" can't be truth! God is real, he has set down what we are to believe in his word. God' word is "True"!

Yes the scriptures are God's word, so the wise man will believe the words of God >As TRUTH!
The men of today; Take some of God' words as true and others as "LIE"!
Your example (below)
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

lee9786 So we must ask.. "What is God' will?!"
1 John 3:23
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

lee9786 From the verses (above) it seems very clear.. "Faith ALONE" does not save! Yet there are men today that will REJECT these COMMANDS of God, for the teachings/Opinions of MEN! The teaching of "Faith ALONE" is not scriptural, yet men today trust the very salvation of their souls on this OPINION/teaching!

lee9786 Your verse.. completes the verse above..
Matthew 7:24
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

LOVE is an ACTION of the heart! "Putting them into practice"!! The words of Jesus "You MUST LOVE", and then "Loving God and Neighbor" is.."Putting them into practice"!!

Luke 10:25
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

lee9786 QUESTION: "Did God lie"?!

You quote Luke 8:20-22 (above)
SO another QUESTION: "Did Mary do the will of God?" IS Mary MOTHER!?
My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

lee9786 These are Mary' words...So yes Mary did the will of God!!!
Luke 1:38
“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

lee9786 God COMMISSIONED his Church to make DISCIPLES by baptizing them! Doing what is COMMISSIONED IS "Doing the will of God"!

QUESTION: Are Disciples doing the will of God, carrying out God' COMMISSION!?
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing..

Are DISCIPLES Jesus brothers? (below)
Disciples are made by BELIEVING baptized saves >AND< then being baptized!!

49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.

Disciples are Jesus brothers, they are made by baptism!

Being baptized is DOING the will of God!!

LOOK.. These Jews just found out they killed God' son!! So they ask Peter "What shell we do"? "DOing is an ACTION!!
Acts 2
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Do you see it? DO THIS>> "Repent then allow your selves to be BAPTIZED for the removal of your sins!"

Peter continues:
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Those people with Faith in Peter' message allowed themselves to be saved by Baptism!
That day (the first day of Pentecost) three thousand people were "ADDED" to Jesus body!
Three thousand people were made Jesus BROTHERS!
Three thousand were made DISCIPLES!

Dogknox I made the questions in lime green so you would see them!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post

Princely Hello... I hope all is well..
I reply: Right you are.."Blessed are those that hear the word of the Lord and keep it."

Jesus (The Lord) commands us to LOVE! This is the word of the Lord! Love is an action of the heart!
Jesus tells us.. "The man that loves God & or Neighbor has Eternal Life"! I can't read anyplace in the scriptures telling us; All man needs is faith, nope no place!

Jesus tells us.. "Baptism makes disciples of all nations"!

Jesus tells us.. "He is ALWAYS with his Church, even to the very end of the age"!

Princely QUESTION: Did Jesus leave his bride for the thousands & thousands of man made bodies, after the "De-Formation"? OR..
Or, Has Jesus been with his Holy Catholic Church for the past two thousand years.. ALWAYS WITH!!

Jesus tells us.. "He gives us his flesh to eat, in the form of bread"!

There are people that do keep the word of Jesus..
Princely The Early Church Father's taught; Baptism makes disciples, they taught it SAVES men!

The Early Church Father's taught; The flesh of Jesus is given man in the form of bread!

The Early Church Father's never, ever taught; All man needs is scriptures and or faith!! They taught from the scriptures; "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth!"

The Early Church Father's taught the scriptures... They TAUGHT with all God' authority, all nations!

Princely Your words..
Quote:
Ignatius of Antioch words...
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Hmmmm.. Who..?
Who.. You or Ignatius?
Question: Do you eat the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread as Ignatius did; To have eternal life!?
Do you reject the lie of; "All man needs is faith"?!!
Faith requires doing nothing!
Faith is action-less!
Question: Do you keep the word of the Lord?? OR..
Or have you placed the salvation of your soul in the words of Men that teach un-scriptural "Faith ALONE" saves!

Who knows the Lord and keeps his words??! I will have to side with Ignatius of Antioch for now.

Princely I made the question in lime green so you would see it.
Dogknox

Old 05-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sounds like many have lack of Holy Spirit in churches were legalism, and relativism of false prophets spirits and antichrist logic against faith authority , which can be right in church were we all go .... then there are many who are passionate to the Lord and walk in the gifts helping others be blessed in Christ, as stay in the truth of Jesus Words ..Lord Jesus still has a plan for people who are poorly developed in Christ , and will alway wait a help those who may be sleeping in Christ, so Prayer for our underdeveloped brothers and sister is needed for Jesus to bring them around .....
hljc Good to meet you.. By your post I see you reject; "faith ALONE" >Good!
"Prayer" saves!

The idea of being saved by, just faith, first appeared sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus formed his holy Church! It was unheard of until the "de-formation" and the protest against Jesus and his bride!

It went like this.. "We don't need no stinking Church or her sacraments, all we need is Faith"!

hljc Thus they ended up rejecting all LOVE & Hope! Scriptures are very clear: "GOD IS LOVE!"

The man with only "FAITH" is without all LOVE he is "God-Less", and "Hope-less"!

hljc Fact is the protester can't put on the Breastplate of Righteousness..It is made with "LOVE"!
He can't be saved; The Helmet of "Salvation" is made with Hope!

He can't be righteous because scriptures say: "He who does RIGHT is RIGHTEOUS!" The protester can't do anything for fear of the word "WORK"! To the man with "faith ALONE"; "Work" is a four letter word, it is DOING RIGHT that saves!!
Prayer, Loving God and Neighbor, GIVING water to the thirsty, caring for the sick.. etc! All make the Christian righteous!

hljc Christians believe the scriptures.. It is just this simple!

Dogknox

Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post

Amen Brother.

No one is recommending not doing his Word.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Amen Brother.

No one is recommending not doing his Word.
Hello lee9786 I hope all is well with you..
Yes you are right, no one wants to be accused of "Not doing the will of God"!
God says... "Believe in Jesus, and be saved"!
I point out.. "Jesus is the word"! To believe in Jesus means; "Believing the words of, 'the WORD'>> Believing Jesus' scriptures!"

Jesus said..John 5:28
“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

DOING GOOD> Saves... Jesus tells you so!
lee9786 Believe "Doing Good" will save you because Jesus tells you so!!
"Doing Good" is Believing in Jesus!

Have FAITH>> "Doing Good" will save you!
Have FAITH>> "Doing evil" will not save you! Jesus tells you so!!

Having Faith in Jesus alone, is rejecting the man made teachings of; "All you need is faith ALONE without doing Good!"
"Faith ALONE" is not the words of Jesus.. Believing in "Faith ALONE" is rejecting the words of Jesus!

lee9786 I notice you did not answer the questions in post # 5??!
What?? Did you miss them?

Can't answer because of "pride"!?
Stupid pride gets in the way every time..

Dogknox

Old 05-06-2012, 11:02 PM

Princely you going to answer the questions in post #6???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity