Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Possibly because what they describe is what really happens. And God is God and Light and love and acceptance to the whole world, not just Christians.

Either that or it is just a chemical reaction in the dying brain.

But, on the other hand, I think that even if such things were perfectly explained by chemical reaction studies, I would STILL think it is judgement of ourselves before God, just like I accept Evolution as valid science and the underpinnings for all modern biology and our understanding of genes and DNA, and I STILL think God created the Earth, because I'm just Christian like that.
They are definitely NOT chemical reactions. That's bogus reasoning from hardcore atheist doctors who refuse to face facts and are flailing about for something---ANYTHING---they can latch onto to try to explain away the phenomenon. But when confronted with evidence like people who have been blind from birth describing things they could not possibly know about unless they had sight, the skeptics pooh-pooh it away as just the product of an overactive imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 02:41 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
I am fascinated by near death experiences and have read as many books as I have been able to find in the library on the subject. What is really interesting to me is how many have in common the "life review" experience. It seems you get to experience your life all over again, but this time, you feel whatever you said or did from the perspective of how you made other people feel. This would indeed be hell, wouldn't it? I think of this often and try to monitor my words & actions by so that when I have this experience myself, upon my death, my hell won't be so bad.

I don't always succeed though and I am sure I will have much to cringe for - every thoughtless remark, every time I was impatient and lashed out with my words, every time my negativity took the joy out of what someone had to show me, every time it was obvious I wasn't really listening. That's hell folks. That right there. It will seem like eternal fire, won't it? I'll be refined I bet, by the time I've gone through it.
SmalltownKSgirl, I am fascinated as well. Have been reading about them for years.

You are exactly right about the 'life review", you feel whatever joy or pain you dish out to other people. I do my best not to be negative to others but fail from time to time as well.

I believe the difference between Christians and non-Christians is that we have the Holy Spirit that nudges us and tries to get us to self-review our thoughts and actions now, and if we do that, it is a non-issue on the other side. Those that never consider their actions to others are in for a rough ride. But they will overcome it in the end just as we overcome it now, IF we paying attention to His promptings.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:57 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
What I also find really fascinating is that in all of these millions of accounts not one person reports being asked "Did you believe in My Son for your salvation?" The overwhelming criterion for "judgment" was "How did you treat your fellow man. Did you do good or bad to him?" It would seem that Matthew 25:31-46 is the ultimate decider on a person's fate. Yet still even the ones who mistreated people were, their NDE's, forced to watch a "life review" and experience the hurt they caused their fellow human beings but in a gentle, loving rehabilitative way, not a stern, condemning one.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:23 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What I also find really fascinating is that in all of these millions of accounts not one person reports being asked "Did you believe in My Son for your salvation?" The overwhelming criterion for "judgment" was "How did you treat your fellow man. Did you do good or bad to him?" It would seem that Matthew 25:31-46 is the ultimate decider on a person's fate. Yet still even the ones who mistreated people were, their NDE's, forced to watch a "life review" and experience the hurt they caused their fellow human beings but in a gentle, loving rehabilitative way, not a stern, condemning one.

Quote:
...forced to watch a "life review" and experience the hurt they caused their fellow human beings but in a gentle, loving rehabilitative way, not a stern, condemning one.
This part is very true. I've read they are often consoled by those around them because they beat themselves up over what they just watched. (when they're bad of course)

The quote from Jesus that says that even if you call your friend an idiot you are in danger of the fires of hell....apply that here.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
part of my nde was the realization how much God loves us--He made me feel that love and since then as i teach my religious lessons--i will pass that on to my students

Old 05-19-2012, 12:42 PM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Sorry to say, none of it is true, and satan plays a big part in both. Many, even Christians who say they serve, follow and believe in Jesus. Seem to not understand , he wouldn’t say ANYTHING, wrong that’ll go against his Father. Many misunderstand what Jesus meant by “hell” IF… that really was his word. Meaning satan could have made man change Jesus words to blend with the false teachings of a “fiery place. I often try to get many to ask themselves, how can fire destroy demons, IF.. They ALREADY live there?, (Matt.25:41- Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels).

Again I tell many please do research on the origins of the word “hell” Jesus know his Father NEVER created a place for the “wicked” sadly for the many believers who believe in a “hellfire” really should believe there isn’t on. Because as Jesus in (Matt.7:22,23,” Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity”), and many know they’re NOT truly following Jesus.

As for the near death experiences, it’s the same as people who claim to have aliens touch them. I do believe the many who witness these things. But if they truly serve the God of Israel and followed Jesus. They would know it’s ALL tricks and lies of satan ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). All those from Jesus, before, and after, knows satan is the master of deception, (1Cor.2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). What many , especially believers fail to realize. Satan knows EVERYONE ON EARTH. He knows who died, how they look, their personalities, etc.

When we’re in the state of unconsciousness, satan can easily get into our minds. He can do it when we’re not, but it's a little harder. because if we’re close to Jehova, He know all we have to do is call on him in Jesus name for help. Satan’s scary butt will leave, But this way, we can’t call on anyone. It’s not hard for satan to make one believe they seen certain people or places. His plan, and he planned it well. Is to make people disbelieve ANY of God’s truth. Just as he have many believing they talk to and see the dead. Again satan knows ALL, so it’s not hard to fool humans. peace

Old 05-19-2012, 02:48 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Sorry to say, none of it is true, and satan plays a big part in both. Many, even Christians who say they serve, follow and believe in Jesus. Seem to not understand , he wouldn’t say ANYTHING, wrong that’ll go against his Father. Many misunderstand what Jesus meant by “hell” IF… that really was his word. Meaning satan could have made man change Jesus words to blend with the false teachings of a “fiery place. I often try to get many to ask themselves, how can fire destroy demons, IF.. They ALREADY live there?, (Matt.25:41- Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels).

Again I tell many please do research on the origins of the word “hell” Jesus know his Father NEVER created a place for the “wicked” sadly for the many believers who believe in a “hellfire” really should believe there isn’t on. Because as Jesus in (Matt.7:22,23,” Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity”), and many know they’re NOT truly following Jesus.

As for the near death experiences, it’s the same as people who claim to have aliens touch them. I do believe the many who witness these things. But if they truly serve the God of Israel and followed Jesus. They would know it’s ALL tricks and lies of satan ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). All those from Jesus, before, and after, knows satan is the master of deception, (1Cor.2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). What many , especially believers fail to realize. Satan knows EVERYONE ON EARTH. He knows who died, how they look, their personalities, etc.

When we’re in the state of unconsciousness, satan can easily get into our minds. He can do it when we’re not, but it's a little harder. because if we’re close to Jehova, He know all we have to do is call on him in Jesus name for help. Satan’s scary butt will leave, But this way, we can’t call on anyone. It’s not hard for satan to make one believe they seen certain people or places. His plan, and he planned it well. Is to make people disbelieve ANY of God’s truth. Just as he have many believing they talk to and see the dead. Again satan knows ALL, so it’s not hard to fool humans. peace

i am sorry you feel this way and i guess you will never know who God really is til you meet Him

Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
I don't think everyone goes straight to heaven. Some people need further suffering because their hearts are hardened. People assume that Universalist Christians believe that all are going straight to heaven. I am not one who believes that. But I do think all WILL be saved in the ages to come.

I agree and I also believe that many experience visions. God bless and peace.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:43 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post

Applying your belief and logic concerning NDE's: Satan deceived (athiest) Ian McCormack into thinking his "phony" NDE was real, so that he would believe he met Jesus, discard atheism, and become a Christian evangelist, winning thousands of people to Christ?

I think you are giving Satan way too much credit as to what he can do. I would suggest meditating on the meaning of this:

Matthew 12: 25-26
But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:32 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
NDEs are of course real. Often the person that dies does "hover" above the scene of their death and of course many make it, and live.

When my precious daddy died, Mom had lived at the hospital for 42 days. She rented a private room because they had spare ones, and back in '86 the room with three meals a day went for only 35bucks, what a deal. However, she and my one sis were in the cafeteria several floors way from ICU. The nurses phoned them in there, and it took several minutes with the elevators, etc...

Got to the room and nurses and one doc tried to stop them at the door--probably thinking they'd freakout or something. No, quite dignified folks and they pushed through them, each taking a side of the bed. The monitors weren't even unhooked yet but flatline and they'd been told "he's gone."

They each took a hand and started talking to him and praying for him to be at peace, he had fought, etc.....and the monitors went back to beeping, no more flatline but his eyes didn't open from what I recall.....and after a very few minutes, and him being told to "go ahead" that we'd all be fine, etc.....

They said that he sighed an obvious, big sigh and flatlined again. They turned to glance and saw several pair of eyes that were teared up.

Dad had left his body but not left the area. He knew they'd be there as fast as they could.

NDEs are simply folks going on, further and they, too come back and back into their bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity