Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:29 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,164,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My question is this: In the scheme of things, does it really matter whether we believe in the trinity or in only Father-Son "twinity". Why do so many Christians spend so much time debating such things rather than spending time edifying one another regardless of doctrinal and theological differences. Day after day on this forum people grapple over every little point and miss the big picture. For what?

Right God bless and peace.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Singleness or Oneness in Spirit.
Nothing like-being in agreement.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
My question is this: In the scheme of things, does it really matter whether we believe in the trinity or in only Father-Son "twinity". Why do so many Christians spend so much time debating such things rather than spending time edifying one another regardless of doctrinal and theological differences. Day after day on this forum people grapple over every little point and miss the big picture. For what?
~ Jesus said, The Father is seeking "True Worshipers" who
Worship The Father in Spirit and in Truth. - John 4:23

I refuse to Worship The Father in falsehood just so I'll have the opurtunity to be in Unity with others or to Edify them.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:03 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times
The Father does not seek those to Worship Him in Falsehood.

Jesus said, The Father is seeking True Worshipers
To Worship Him In Spirit And IN TRUTH. - John 4:23

So it matters to The Father, therefore it matters to Me.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:47 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Jesus said, The Father and I are One.

~ Two makes One.
Twinity of One. In The Father and The Son.

Jesus didn't say
The Father, The Son & The Holy Spirit are One.

Not Three makes One.

~ So, I believe in The Twinity, and not The Trinity.
No, Trinity is not "twin" because twin means two of something. But Trinity comes from "Tri" meaning Three, meaning Three in One (Father Son and Holy Spirit).

Your Twinity is not ever going to be true. sorry - or sowwy

Old 09-22-2014, 05:52 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This is very important in that if you say "twin-ity" it connotes "two-ity" meaning you totally screw up the real meaning of the Trinity. Twin-ity means two. The real Trinity has three in one - Father Son and Holy Spirit. so if you say Twin-ity - that sounds like you are saying there are only Father and Son, so you leave out the Holy Spirit.

This is actually defaming God. There's a word for that, but I can't remember it, but its when you absolutely defame God.

its dishonoring God also to make fun of the deity and make light of our God who is holy holy holy. God is not a joke for a comedian. God ought to be reverenced and not made light of. If you knew the attributes of God, if you stood before a holy God, you would not be able to stand, you would feel so small in front of a holy mighty wonderful God, you would never ever think to speak such a flippant word against Him.

thats why its not right to make fun of God in such a flippant way. But to honor Him.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:19 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Father ,Son, Holy Spirit
Water, Blood, Spirit
Soul, Body, Spirit.
This is summary of scripture.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:28 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,862 times
Quote:

~ Two makes One.

Jesus didn't say

Not Three makes One.

I think Elmer Fudd also believes in the Twinity

Old 02-14-2015, 03:06 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:

~ Two makes One.

Jesus didn't say

Not Three makes One.

So do you believe there is more than 1 God?

Old 02-14-2015, 03:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
This is very important in that if you say "twin-ity" it connotes "two-ity" meaning you totally screw up the real meaning of the Trinity. Twin-ity means two. The real Trinity has three in one - Father Son and Holy Spirit. so if you say Twin-ity - that sounds like you are saying there are only Father and Son, so you leave out the Holy Spirit.

This is actually defaming God. There's a word for that, but I can't remember it, but its when you absolutely defame God.

its dishonoring God also to make fun of the deity and make light of our God who is holy holy holy. God is not a joke for a comedian. God ought to be reverenced and not made light of. If you knew the attributes of God, if you stood before a holy God, you would not be able to stand, you would feel so small in front of a holy mighty wonderful God, you would never ever think to speak such a flippant word against Him.

thats why its not right to make fun of God in such a flippant way. But to honor Him.
John disagrees with you:

1 John 1:3 3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:22 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:12 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:14-15 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

1 John 4:20 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1 John 5:5 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

2 John 1:3 3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

2 John 1:9 9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Two beings not three and one was seen and so cannot be God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity