Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM

481 posts, read 865,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
What would put you on the road back to Christ which is that you need to go and find a church that preaches the Gospel and Has an evidence of the Holy Spirit in the people and working through the ministries ....... Then You need to repent there and mean it , and you need to ask God to really save you , and get every sin out of your life , and rebuke the devil out and gone out of your life .... You need to be mad at God and pray day in and day out over and over again until Heaven gives you a witness of Lord Jesus ....... Like the blind man on the road near Jericho from Luke 18: 35-43....... `` and they told the blind man that Jesus of Nazareth passed by...... And the man cried out saying ``JESUS YOU SON OF DAVID HAVE MERCY ON ME ``..........and they which went before rebuked him that he should hold his peace...... But the blind man cried out the more `` YOU SON OF DAVID HAVE MERCY ON ME ``..... And Jesus stood and commanded him to be brought to him , and when he was come near he asked him ..``What will you that I will do to you?....And he said Lord that I may receive my sight....And Jesus said to him ``Receive your sight, Your faith has saved you.``......And immediately he received his sight, and followed him , glorifying God...and all the people when they saw it gave praise to God......``Jesus is waiting for you to go and shake the gates of Heaven
I read your post again and could not figure on how I missed this one statement above in your posting quoted above.

What do you mean with this statement??? Am I missing something here??? I know its been a long, very slow, and very wet day....but even then????

I respect what you are saying in whole, but this one i am not sure. Please elaborate and graciously thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
You are right to be concerned about your sense of apathy toward God. God has not changed! He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow; no less awesome or worthy of all glory and honor and praise than He ever was! Either you have changed and need to look within yourself for the reason .... and/or God is making you aware that something is drastically wrong with what you imagine to be your salvation experience ... because the real God is in the life-changing, victorious lives business!

You said. 'You asked Him into your heart and felt a sense of peace that faded over time.' Based on many years in the ministry, this expression brings two questions to mind: (1) "Did you first truly recognize and repent of your own sin and lifeless separation from Almighty God, before you cried-out to Christ 'your Savior?' Unless one recognizes their own lostness and desperate need of Salvation, life and relationship with God, a 'Savior' is somewhat of a nebulous and unnecessary concept. (2) "What exactly did you leave at the altar ... when you invided Christ in?" Did you just go through the 'religious' motions of saying a little prayer and desiring heaven? .... or did you truly leave your heart in the hands of your Lord and Savior? A God who simply 'trades' heaven for a prayer and some religious activity ... is more of an administrator' --- than the sovereign, creator-God of the universe! 'Religion' is boring! ... God is not boring!

Sadly, the desire for 'religious statistics' can lead to concepts of 'cheap grace' and a 'small God' ... that leave people 'feeling' a little better, but, wondering what really happened --- or convincing themselves that they were duped. Rebirth in God's Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ WILL make you a new creation! -- the old man will go and the new man will come... and you too, will experience God's wonderful, amazing, exciting love, grace, mercy and deliverance!!
++++ 1

Old 06-24-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmyler View Post
Yes Chili I just read that part too.....(we both need to put on our glasses )....I agree, what do you mean by that?
Yes Sunny, by far I need to put on my reading glasses...hahaha

I guess the Spirit had better things for me to see than those words or more important words to write through the Spirit for whomever He wanted to be here....hahaha

Old 06-24-2012, 07:37 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
You are right to be concerned about your sense of apathy toward God. God has not changed! He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow; no less awesome or worthy of all glory and honor and praise than He ever was! Either you have changed and need to look within yourself for the reason .... and/or God is making you aware that something is drastically wrong with what you imagine to be your salvation experience ... because the real God is in the life-changing, victorious lives business!

You said. 'You asked Him into your heart and felt a sense of peace that faded over time.' Based on many years in the ministry, this expression brings two questions to mind: (1) "Did you first truly recognize and repent of your own sin and lifeless separation from Almighty God, before you cried-out to Christ 'your Savior?' Unless one recognizes their own lostness and desperate need of Salvation, life and relationship with God, a 'Savior' is somewhat of a nebulous and unnecessary concept. (2) "What exactly did you leave at the altar ... when you invided Christ in?" Did you just go through the 'religious' motions of saying a little prayer and desiring heaven? .... or did you truly leave your heart in the hands of your Lord and Savior? A God who simply 'trades' heaven for a prayer and some religious activity ... is more of an administrator' --- than the sovereign, creator-God of the universe! 'Religion' is boring! ... God is not boring!

Sadly, the desire for 'religious statistics' can lead to concepts of 'cheap grace' and a 'small God' ... that leave people 'feeling' a little better, but, wondering what really happened --- or convincing themselves that they were duped. Rebirth in God's Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ WILL make you a new creation! -- the old man will go and the new man will come... and you too, will experience God's wonderful, amazing, exciting love, grace, mercy and deliverance!!

Wow once again jghorton nails it! Chili Pepper is doing a great job as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity