Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times

Advertisements

I think it's less what I eat, but the condition of my heart when I eat.
I must say, as an animal lover, I sometimes feel like a hypocrite when I'm knawing on a t-bone. I've even thanked lobsters for the nutrition they are supplying us, before I've thrown them in the pot.
I've been given dominion over animals, but I should never loose respect for them, or take them for granted.
I think the right balance for me would be try to stick to a veggie diet, unless I really needed meat for survival.
One of these days, I just might do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
One does not live by veggies alone.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:41 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
One does not live by veggies alone.
No but you can totally live off of veggies, fruits, grains and legumes...and if you add in unfertilized eggs and dairy you have a complete compliment of nutrients in your diet...so no not just veggies but you can easily be with out meat.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I think it's less what I eat, but the condition of my heart when I eat.
I must say, as an animal lover, I sometimes feel like a hypocrite when I'm knawing on a t-bone. I've even thanked lobsters for the nutrition they are supplying us, before I've thrown them in the pot.
I've been given dominion over animals, but I should never loose respect for them, or take them for granted.
I think the right balance for me would be try to stick to a veggie diet, unless I really needed meat for survival.
One of these days, I just might do it.
Ok I could never drop live lobsters into a pot! I don't even like to fish because it hurts them. My husband was a lobster fisher when I met him...he thought I was nuts...he took me fishing one time on his boat...I love being on the ocean in a boat...and I caught a fish...I was excited and then I brought it in...hook in eye! He removed the hook and threw it back in the water...and I was horrified never did it again. My husband swears it didn't hurt the fish. But come on if you had a hook in your eye it would hurt!

If you already like a wide variety of foods and you include eggs and dairy...it's really not that hard to go vegetarian. But is you are a meat and potatoes kind of guy (my husband who still passes his veggies off to the dogs under the table at 46!) then it would be difficult for you.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Not that I'm advocating this as proper nutrition buuuuutttttt.....

Even Weight Watchers let's you count half of your daily water intake from coffee, tea, soda, etc...
The lady who leads the weight loss class I'm in says I can't count my tea and coffee because the caffiene counteracts the liquid that I'm taking in. I have managed to cut all soda out of my diet which was quite a feat. I lived on soda, but I haven't had any for over a month and I feel much better for it. That being said, there is no way I am even going to attempt giving up my coffee and tea!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
The lady who leads the weight loss class I'm in says I can't count my tea and coffee because the caffiene counteracts the liquid that I'm taking in. I have managed to cut all soda out of my diet which was quite a feat. I lived on soda, but I haven't had any for over a month and I feel much better for it. That being said, there is no way I am even going to attempt giving up my coffee and tea!
I hear ya!! I'm a constant consumer of iced tea (southerners call it sweet tea, I think). Anyway, I just can't do without it. I don't do soda or coffee, but don't take my iced tea!!

And, irishmom, I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy, like I said esp. steak or home-made hamburgers or veal, but I do eat my veggies and will even have an occassional salad . Don't spread it around though...

I think it should be a balance, just as our walk with Christ is a balance. In our walk we need to live in this world, but not be of this world. In our diets, we need to eat nutritous foods, not show how much we eat We all know both are difficult, but with God, all things are possible.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:07 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Ya think manna had some spam in it? AKA... mystery meat

Old 09-28-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Ya think manna had some spam in it? AKA... mystery meat
ROFL...I would definitely not describe Spam as a gift from God!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:35 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
and what exactly is wrong with SPAM? its fries up nicely into a great SPAMBURGER! lol

Old 09-28-2007, 01:36 PM

That's what my husband tells me...but I haven't had it fried. Maybe it would improve the taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity