Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:47 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Justify what? I certainly did not say that Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday by all that I said or that one can use Scriptures to change what was the Sabbath law of Old or today if you want to keep it. You are intitled to but others do not need to as the Scriptures says. But of coarse you well know that I do not agree that the Gentles were ever given that law to begin with and the Jews are not under it in this New Testament era either but if they want to they can. It will do them and you good as long as you and they realize it is Christ who saves and not the law. And it will do you good if you don't demand and condemn others if they don't.

My point was simply that the eighth day was when the sheaf offering was waved and it represents the resurrection day, not a change in the Sabbath law and on another eighth day was Pentecost that represented the day when the Spirit was given. Again, that did not signify a change of Sabbath days either.

You are the one who said He was resurrected on the Sabbath and I refuted that statement. Now you try and dismiss what I said by saying the thread is only about Sabbath. Give me a break! Try to be honest.
I am being honest. God has only one of the Ten Commandments that concerns the Sabbath and it is the Seventh-Day Sabbath! You are trying to justify keeping SUN-day. You are the one who is not being honest. You declare you are free from Law which is not true. You have to obey God. You are free from the Law of rituals of animal sacrifices and meat and drink offerings but not the spiritual Law of God -- the Ten Commandments and the spiritual magnification of that Law and the magnification which show you how to apply the Ten Commandments in the civil statues and judgments that are based on the Ten Commandments. Christ is going to straighten this world out on this false idea that the Spiritual Law (which includes the 4th Commandment, the 7th day Sabbath) has been done away with when He returns:

Isaiah 2:
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Isaiah 66:
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

And that Sabbath is the Seventh Day Sabbath and not your 8th day SUN-day. It's time you get honest and speak the Truth, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I am being honest. God has only one of the Ten Commandments that concerns the Sabbath and it is the Seventh-Day Sabbath! You are trying to justify keeping SUN-day. You are the one who is not being honest. You declare you are free from Law which is not true. You have to obey God. You are free from the Law of rituals of animal sacrifices and meat and drink offerings but not the spiritual Law of God -- the Ten Commandments and the spiritual magnification of that Law and the magnification which show you how to apply the Ten Commandments in the civil statues and judgments that are based on the Ten Commandments. Christ is going to straighten this world out on this false idea that the Spiritual Law (which includes the 4th Commandment, the 7th day Sabbath) has been done away with when He returns:

Isaiah 2:
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Isaiah 66:
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

And that Sabbath is the Seventh Day Sabbath and not your 8th day SUN-day. It's time you get honest and speak the Truth, don't you think?
Excellant post tthttf.

God Bless you always.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:

Isaiah 2:

Isaiah 66:

I told you the 8th day Sabbath did not replace the regular Sabbaths in the Old Testament. It is not my 8th Sun-day as you put it but only what Moses said it was. You have a bad habit of twisting my words.

You do not even understand what the phrase "not under the law" means, so untill you do, you have nothing to say. We are under the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ ["the law of Christ"] and where the Spirit of Christ is there is, liberty from sin so as to love God and our fellow man and we will not break the spiritual laws of God willfully. The Sabbath is a day of physical rest and not a active spiritual law as in do not bear false witness, do not murder, do not steal, etc. which tell of our spiritual nature and not the body at rest.

We all need rest for sure but that time of rest, the New Testament tells us, it is up to the individual and a lot of that is influenced by honest work which is Gods commandment and most do not have control over their work schedual even as the Priest of Old didn't have control. They were ordered by God to work on the Sabbath.

MT 12:5-8 "Or have you not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. But if you had known what this means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of Man is Lord even of the sabbath day."

Because He is Lord of the Sabbath, He can have anyone He wants to work on the Sabbath, to provide for family and vital social needs and they are guiltless. You have no right to say otherwise. You would have honest men and women not work on Sabbath to provide for their families. Even those who have no control of the situation. Oh, how unmercyfull! No, my freind, yours is a mark of a beast, not them, as you say they are. As it is written, "In the measure you judge, so shall you be judged."

Old 10-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I told you the 8th day Sabbath did not replace the regular Sabbaths in the Old Testament. It is not my 8th Sun-day as you put it but only what Moses said it was. You have a bad habit of twisting my words.

You do not even understand what the phrase "not under the law" means, so untill you do, you have nothing to say. We are under the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ ["the law of Christ"] and where the Spirit of Christ is there is, liberty from sin so as to love God and our fellow man and we will not break the spiritual laws of God willfully. The Sabbath is a day of physical rest and not a active spiritual law as in do not bear false witness, do not murder, do not steal, etc. which tell of our spiritual nature and not the body at rest.

We all need rest for sure but that time of rest, the New Testament tells us, it is up to the individual and a lot of that is influenced by honest work which is Gods commandment and most do not have control over their work schedual even as the Priest of Old didn't have control. They were ordered by God to work on the Sabbath.

MT 12:5-8 "Or have you not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. But if you had known what this means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the guiltless. For the Son of Man is Lord even of the sabbath day."

Because He is Lord of the Sabbath, He can have anyone He wants to work on the Sabbath, to provide for family and vital social needs and they are guiltless. You have no right to say otherwise. You would have honest men and women not work on Sabbath to provide for their families. Even those who have no control of the situation. Oh, how unmercyfull! No, my freind, yours is a mark of a beast, not them, as you say they are. As it is written, "In the measure you judge, so shall you be judged."
You can read the Bible. You know one should keep the Sabbath Holy and not profane it. You are looking for loopholes to get around keeping the Commandments of God. Christ kept God's Sabbath or else He would not have lived a sinless life. And if Christ is living His life within a true Christian (Gal 2:20), He will live the same sinless life He lived while in the flesh. Christ kept God's Sabbath and the scriptures say that in the future ALL flesh will come and worship Him on the Sabbath day (Isa 66), and not some 8th day SUN-day -- the Mark of the Beast. If God and Christ are working with you, you will keep God's Sabbaths and not pagan substitutes and God will correct you if you transgress. You are misrepresenting Christ in your posts by indirectly saying that He via the Holy Spirit has no power to help you keep the Sabbath holy in all your trials that try to thwart you in your efforts.

Now, God's Sabbath is a SIGN between Him and His people (Exodus 31).

Now, one day you and a lot of others will regret you did not keep God's Sabbaths, this SIGN of God, but instead accepted this MARK that has come from the church at Rome, the church of the Beast (Roman Empire). I can only warn you. It is up to you to repent.

May God open your eyes to see what you are actually doing before it is too late.

And the same goes for this entire nation under the sway of these worldly churches....

Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Wrong!
He ascended to Heaven on the morning of the first day, but He was resurrected from the grave exactly 72 hours after He was put in the tomb and that occurred on late Sabbath afternoon just before sunset, just before the beginning of the 1st day. You need to read the booklet I gave in the last post to get the exact time-line. You are in error!
You need to read your Bible, not your booklet.

JN 19:31-33 "The Jews therefore, because it was the Preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, because that Sabbath day was a High Day, besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus, and saw that He was dead already, they brake not his legs:"

Again: LK 23:50-56 "And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just: (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the Kingdom of God. This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. And that day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew near [the High Day Sabbath]." He was put in the tomb on Passover/Preperation Day before Sabbath and Scriptures makes that clear.

He died on the Day of Preparation [Passover], as verfied by LK 22:7-8 "Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare [the reason it is also called Preparation Day] us the Passover, that we may eat." That came before the special Sabbath called the "High Day" Sabbath on the 15th on which the Jews did not want Jesus hanging on the cross. And it came just before the regular 7th day Sabbath.

So just like the Lord had commanded in Exodus 12, He was selected on the 10th, inspected on the 11th, 12th, and 13th, and executed on the 14th of Nisan. In Exodus 12, where the Passover was ordained, we learn what that sequence was. God told the Israelites to select a lamb on the 10th day of the month and inspect it for defects until the 14th. Christ went to Jerusalem and was being inspected for any doctrinal spot or blemish that would disqualify Him as the Lamb of God. They found none, and finally no one dared ask Him any more questions. (Matt. 22:46)

So in the week Jesus died two Sabbaths that permitted no work were observed back to back: The Feast of Unleavened Bread on Friday the 15th, and the regular weekly Sabbath on Saturday the 16th. In Matthew 28:1 we read that at dawn on the first day of the week (Sunday the 17th) the women who were close to Jesus went to the tomb.Luke 24:1 tells us they were going to anoint His body for burial. The two Sabbaths had prevented them from doing so earlier. But He wasn’t there. He had risen. Being the Sunday after Passover, at the Jewish Temple it was Feast of First Fruits. At the Empty Tomb it was Resurrection Morning.

Two disciples met the Lord on the road to Emmaus that Sunday. In the course of the discussion with Jesus they said it was the third day since the crucifixion. As verified in LK 24:21 "But we trusted that it had been He which should have redeemed Israel: and besides all this, to day is the third day since these things were done." It being Sunday, the previous day Saturday would have been the 2nd day since it happened , and Friday would have been the first day since it happened, making Thursday the day it happened.

Others argue that this view doesn’t permit three full days and three full nights in the tomb but that’s not what the Scripture says. It simply says three days and three nights. If you move his death back to Wednesday like some teach to get three full days you violate the Passover Lamb prophecies, and the disciples on the Emmaus road would have to have said it was the fourth day since the crucifixion. So the Thursday date is the only one that will accommodate both the Passover Lamb and the three day three night prophecies.

Now, all this does not change the original Sabbath day of the Jews, so don't go saying I am implying that, as you have done. But it is the reason why most Gentle Christians celebrate Sunday because it is the day of the resurrection and of the Wave Offering of New Life in Christ that Moses spoke of and that was to be offered on the day after Sabbath.

LEV 23:11 "And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the Priest shall wave it."

Last edited by garya123; 10-16-2012 at 05:45 PM..

Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
You need to read your Bible, not your booklet.

JN 19:31-33 "The Jews therefore, because it was the Preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, because that Sabbath day was a High Day, besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. But when they came to Jesus, and saw that He was dead already, they brake not his legs:"

Again: LK 23:50-56 "And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just: (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the Kingdom of God. This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. And that day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew near [the High Day Sabbath]." He was put in the tomb on Passover/Preperation Day before Sabbath and Scriptures makes that clear.

He died on the Day of Preparation [Passover], as verfied by LK 22:7-8 "Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare [the reason it is also called Preparation Day] us the Passover, that we may eat." That came before the special Sabbath called the "High Day" Sabbath on the 15th on which the Jews did not want Jesus hanging on the cross. And it came just before the regular 7th day Sabbath.

So just like the Lord had commanded in Exodus 12, He was selected on the 10th, inspected on the 11th, 12th, and 13th, and executed on the 14th of Nisan. In Exodus 12, where the Passover was ordained, we learn what that sequence was. God told the Israelites to select a lamb on the 10th day of the month and inspect it for defects until the 14th. Christ went to Jerusalem and was being inspected for any doctrinal spot or blemish that would disqualify Him as the Lamb of God. They found none, and finally no one dared ask Him any more questions. (Matt. 22:46)

So in the week Jesus died two Sabbaths that permitted no work were observed back to back: The Feast of Unleavened Bread on Friday the 15th, and the regular weekly Sabbath on Saturday the 16th. In Matthew 28:1 we read that at dawn on the first day of the week (Sunday the 17th) the women who were close to Jesus went to the tomb.Luke 24:1 tells us they were going to anoint His body for burial. The two Sabbaths had prevented them from doing so earlier. But He wasn’t there. He had risen. Being the Sunday after Passover, at the Jewish Temple it was Feast of First Fruits. At the Empty Tomb it was Resurrection Morning.

Two disciples met the Lord on the road to Emmaus that Sunday. In the course of the discussion with Jesus they said it was the third day since the crucifixion. As verified in LK 24:21 "But we trusted that it had been He which should have redeemed Israel: and besides all this, to day is the third day since these things were done." It being Sunday, the previous day Saturday would have been the 2nd day since it happened , and Friday would have been the first day since it happened, making Thursday the day it happened.

Others argue that this view doesn’t permit three full days and three full nights in the tomb but that’s not what the Scripture says. It simply says three days and three nights. If you move his death back to Wednesday like some teach to get three full days you violate the Passover Lamb prophecies, and the disciples on the Emmaus road would have to have said it was the fourth day since the crucifixion. So the Thursday date is the only one that will accommodate both the Passover Lamb and the three day three night prophecies.

Now, all this does not change the original Sabbath day of the Jews, so don't go saying I am implying that, as you have done. But it is the reason why most Gentle Christians celebrate Sunday because it is the day of the resurrection and of the Wave Offering of New Life in Christ that Moses spoke of and that was to be offered on the day after Sabbath.

LEV 23:11 "And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the Priest shall wave it."
We are working with two different time-lines for the sequence of events that occurred at the time of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.

The booklet I directed you to explained what I would have to present to answer many of your statements/questions.

Still, the event at this period of time of the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ that is to be observed is an ANNUAL observance and not a WEEKLY observance -- the Passover. We don't keep the Passover weekly. Since you seem to disregard the scriptures you have taken it upon yourself to celebrate Christ's resurrection weekly on a day of the week that He was not actually resurrected.

So, you and others are using the Resurrection to establish a WEEKLY observance but again you have no scriptural authority for doing that. None. I have posted confessions from Catholics who know that THEY established the day of worship (SUN-day) and not the scriptures.

The weekly day to worship God and Christ on is the Seventh Day Sabbath. It is based on the scriptures.

And here is what is going to happen in the future when Christ returns after this Mark of the Beast and those who try to enforce it are destroyed:

Isaiah 66:
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Notice it does not say from one 1st day of the week to another shall all flesh come to worship but from one Sabbath to another instead.

Again, you are scripturally bankrupt in your proof of SUN-day as a Christian day of worship.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
We are working with two different time-lines for the sequence of events that occurred at the time of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.

The booklet I directed you to explained what I would have to present to answer many of your statements/questions.

Still, the event at this period of time of the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ that is to be observed is an ANNUAL observance and not a WEEKLY observance -- the Passover. We don't keep the Passover weekly. Since you seem to disregard the scriptures you have taken it upon yourself to celebrate Christ's resurrection weekly on a day of the week that He was not actually resurrected.

So, you and others are using the Resurrection to establish a WEEKLY observance but again you have no scriptural authority for doing that. None. I have posted confessions from Catholics who know that THEY established the day of worship (SUN-day) and not the scriptures.

The weekly day to worship God and Christ on is the Seventh Day Sabbath. It is based on the scriptures.

And here is what is going to happen in the future when Christ returns after this Mark of the Beast and those who try to enforce it are destroyed:

Isaiah 66:
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Notice it does not say from one 1st day of the week to another shall all flesh come to worship but from one Sabbath to another instead.

Again, you are scripturally bankrupt in your proof of SUN-day as a Christian day of worship.
How can you use Isaiah 66 as a reference, when there will be no new moon festivals and have now entered eternity where time no longer exists.
That was written 700 yrs before the new covenant, so thats how he referred to times because it is clearly metaphoric, if not Isaiah 66:21 would mean there is a Levitical priesthood in heaven which we all know there wont be Heb 7:12.

Isaiah 1:13-14

13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.

Revelation 21:22-25

The Glory of the New Jerusalem

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,[a] for the glory[b] of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved[c] shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.[d] 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).

Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Isaiah 66:
Again you misunderstand all that I said. For me, it is to celebrate the Resurrection every day. Those who worship only on Sunday or you who worship on Saturday can do what you want. Real worship is as it is written, "Pray without ceasing." and "I will pray with the Spirit and I will pray with understanding also." The Spirit of God is alway active even in rest and even when we don't understand. And that means 7 days a week.

Eternal Life is not a one day affair with God and indeed it can not be! The Word of Isaiah 66 is "from one Sabbath to another". They will come to Heavenly Mt. Zion and the New Jerusalem that exist in Spirit and eternal rather than the Jerusalem that is in Isreal where all the the peoples of the nation can not fit into. Isaiah is clearly a metaphor for true worship in Christ. You do greatly err to think that God wants worship only on Sabbath. The True Sabbath is in Christ 7 days a week, not some weekly Sabbath. Others changed Sabbath to Sunday, not me. Old Testament Sabbath is still Saturday and if that is what you believe than keep it.

Again, we have here another metaphor for spiritual reality:
IS 2:2-3 "And it shall come to pass in the last days [we are in the last days], that the Mountain of the Lords' house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. And many people shall go and say, Come you, and let us go up to the Mountain of the Lord, to the House of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 PM

We are to worship in "Spirit and in Truth" by thr gift of the Holy Spirit, not in earthly Jerusalem or on some earthly mountain. Worship is 7 days a week. Your time of physical rest can be any day as the New Testament says.

JN 4:21-24 "Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe Me, the hour coming, when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship him in Spirit and in Truth."

Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
How can you use Isaiah 66 as a reference, when there will be no new moon festivals and have now entered eternity where time no longer exists.
That was written 700 yrs before the new covenant, so thats how he referred to times because it is clearly metaphoric, if not Isaiah 66:21 would mean there is a Levitical priesthood in heaven which we all know there wont be Heb 7:12.

Isaiah 1:13-14

13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your worthless assemblies.
14 Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals
I hate with all my being.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.

Revelation 21:22-25

The Glory of the New Jerusalem

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it,[a] for the glory[b] of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved[c] shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.[d] 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).
Clearly, these things can not be understood by the carnal mind as is evident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity