Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara M Wheeler View Post
Please then, tell me when was your Quran written and by whom?
Barbara, It is not my Quran, I do not believe in it at all - the point is that they can make unjustified claims, like yours, just as easy.

Quote:
And I would prefer that you not use such a tone with me... I have not been rude and called you names, and I would appreciate some sense of civility from you as well.....
No names - saying that you sound like something is a bit different and given the tactics you are using it is appropriate - not uncivilized.

Quote:
Quoting scripture is exactly what Jesus did to refute those opposed to the truth. If you do not accept it fine... but do not call me a fool.
Jesus and those he was speaking to assumed, as you do, that this is a fact and that it is authoritative. You have done nothing but claim this to be the case without any justification - not even an attempt to justify it. As and example see your last point below - vvvvv

Quote:
The Holy Bible was written under inspiration from Jehovah God as early as 1513 B.C.E.
See, just another bold unjustified claim.

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 08-30-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 03:18 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,926 times
Quote:
(Psalm 83:18) That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
So regardless of who backs other books, or manuscripts or writings from man, the creator is the final authority.
(Joshua 24:15) . . .But as for me and my household, we shall serve Jehovah.”
RESPONSE:

I think I see your point. The Bible is inspired because it says it is, right?

Old 08-30-2012, 03:24 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,926 times
Quote:

Quoting scripture is exactly what Jesus did to refute those opposed to the truth. If you do not accept it fine... but do not call me a fool.

The Holy Bible was written under inspiration from Jehovah God as early as 1513 B.C.E.
RESPONSE:

Question. Where does that date come from, and what is your evidence?

My friend Ralph - did I ever tell you about Ralph - is writing a book titled Ralph's Gospel. In it he reports that Jesus made him an apostle.

Do you think that is sufficient evidence to believe him?

Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

Question. Where does that date come from, and what is your evidence?

My friend Ralph - did I ever tell you about Ralph - is writing a book titled Ralph's Gospel. In it he reports that Jesus made him an apostle.

Do you think that is sufficient evidence to believe him?
The original Apostles were verified by miracles.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:29 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The original Apostles were verified by miracles.
So they say!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
The bible is the inspired word of God Almighty.
Barbara, you do realize that the Bible and the New World Translation of the Bible constitute two different religions, right?

Just checking.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:34 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Well - Allah backs the Quran - so I guess you believe that too.
Then Allah is not the God of Israel.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:10 AM

139 posts, read 167,286 times
@Shilo1~And so because you are unbelieving, you ASSUME nothing from the bible is factual... Your loss. I bid you good day, as you drift off....
(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

(2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,
(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

You see I do NOT need you to confirm me... Jehovah is my judge. Your arguments are tired and wasteful. You will never see clearly unless and until you cease to be quite so haughty in your attitude and your heart.
(James 4:10) 10*Humble yourselves in the eyes of Jehovah, and he will exalt YOU.
(1 Peter 5:6) 6*Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt YOU in due time;
You see it IS my God I listen to .... not you.
(2 Corinthians 4:3-6) 3*If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4*among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. 5*For we are preaching, not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as YOUR slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6*For God is he who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate [them] with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 AM

139 posts, read 167,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Barbara, you do realize that the Bible and the New World Translation of the Bible constitute two different religions, right?

Just checking.
Actually the New World Translation is translated directly from the Hebrew, and Greek Scriptures. Many of other faiths use the New World Translation because it is in a language of today such as those others that are in modern language... We used King James Bibles for many, many years... I cross reference my research with many other translations.... And always have a KJV handy for those who prefer it's use.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
The Quran claims to use the Bible but in doing so denies just about everything the Bible says. So look to the Bible and authenticate that. It clearly exposes the Quran as a fraud, but lets not get into that debate.

Regarding the Bible, what one needs to ultimately do is go to the originals. The problem with the Watchtower's New World Translation, if you do research you will find that the text has been changed in certain areas - especially areas that suggest the transcendence/divinity of Jesus Christ.

John 3

King James Version

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...NTpdf/joh3.pdf

John 3:13

New World Translation

Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.

"which is in heaven" is not included in the New World Translation which suggests the transcendent nature of the Messiah. This gets into Textual Criticism however, which I find to be a very important area to research.

The "Word of God" is in the originals. Once one establishes who Jesus Christ is, than they can establish the integrity of design of the Scriptures. Telling events prior to them happening is the trademark fingerprint from God that it is indeed his Word. So understanding the prophecies that have come to past are important at authenticating the Word as such. No other "Holy" Book has this authenticity.

What comprises the Canon? There are good people that believe certain books like the Book of Enoch are inspired. I believe the Holy Spirit is the ultimate discerner of what is from God, and I do believe he's been working in God's servants to get this in the hands of English readers with the authorized King James Version being the best translation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity