Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 02:44 AM

268 posts, read 275,473 times

Advertisements

We find the Concept of the Trinity even in the Cell Phone - The Unit is the FATHER, The SIM is the SON & the Battery with the Charger is the HOLY SPIRIT...

Last edited by alabalfred; 10-25-2012 at 04:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 04:03 AM

268 posts, read 275,473 times
Even in Buildings, we can see the mystery of the Trinity - The Structure & Foundation is the FATHER, the Cement and Furnishings is the SON while the Ventilation is the HOLY SPIRIT

Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
If someone believed that God is the Father, Jesus is his son, and believed in the Holy Spirit, but doesnt believe in the trinity that they are all one, is there relationship any different with God that someone who does believe in trinity that there all one?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:42 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
"Can We Explain the Mystery of the TRINITY? "

IMHO, people can try with all their might but it is only through the Spirit of God who is able to bring it to the heart that believes.
NO one who walks in unbelief (carnal mind) will not be able to grasp the teaching of the Triune God.

I believe with all my heart it is one of the end time signs to the bride of Christ of those who are walking in His truth and Spirit.
They (I) have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Gal.2:20)

And those who have been sealed in this truth (Gal.2:20) through the Spirit of God will find their names are written down in the book of life.... it will never leave them..... they are sealed in,, marked by the Spirit of God, who have forsaken, truly denied, crucified their life with Christ that are completely surrendered unto God and live this truth through the Holy Spirit now and for all eternity, amen !!

There was a day I had not even heard of it, nor heard the teaching of it, yet one day in my personal studies the Lord led me down a path through His precious word to reveal this truth to my heart. My heavenly Father became my God and Savior Jesus Christ !

I was so excited, I called everyone I knew in the Lord this revelation of Jesus being the very God that I worship !!
My life has not been the same the scripture have a total different out look on the things of the teaching, guiding, etc., from my Abba Father !!

With all the controversy of this truth He has planted the Trinity deep in my heart that no man can or will ever be able to deceive that it is not true, amen !
It is part of the foundation Jesus Christ has built in my life and it will be there for all eternity !!

Amen.... pray that the Lord will show you that which may be hindering this truth of God from you, I guarantee the heart that truly seeks and wants to know He will reveal and plant it deep into their heart and life !!

Blessings to All...

Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
"Can We Explain the Mystery of the TRINITY? "

IMHO, people can try with all their might but it is only through the Spirit of God who is able to bring it to the heart that believes.
NO one who walks in unbelief (carnal mind) will not be able to grasp the teaching of the Triune God.

I believe with all my heart it is one of the end time signs to the bride of Christ of those who are walking in His truth and Spirit.
They (I) have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Gal.2:20)

And those who have been sealed in this truth (Gal.2:20) through the Spirit of God will find their names are written down in the book of life.... it will never leave them..... they are sealed in,, marked by the Spirit of God, who have forsaken, truly denied, crucified their life with Christ that are completely surrendered unto God and live this truth through the Holy Spirit now and for all eternity, amen !!

There was a day I had not even heard of it, nor heard the teaching of it, yet one day in my personal studies the Lord led me down a path through His precious word to reveal this truth to my heart. My heavenly Father became my God and Savior Jesus Christ !

I was so excited, I called everyone I knew in the Lord this revelation of Jesus being the very God that I worship !!
My life has not been the same the scripture have a total different out look on the things of the teaching, guiding, etc., from my Abba Father !!

With all the controversy of this truth He has planted the Trinity deep in my heart that no man can or will ever be able to deceive that it is not true, amen !
It is part of the foundation Jesus Christ has built in my life and it will be there for all eternity !!

Amen.... pray that the Lord will show you that which may be hindering this truth of God from you, I guarantee the heart that truly seeks and wants to know He will reveal and plant it deep into their heart and life !!

Blessings to All...

Good encouraging post.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 AM

467 posts, read 665,049 times
Each one of us is God in embodiment:
I AM Presence - God Self - Great I AM

In the top figure you see the Presence of God. In the lower figure you see the Christ overshadowing the son/daughter of God through the Holy Spirit.

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 PM

259 posts, read 366,151 times
Most christians seemingly do not really grasp the trinity or as I refer to it as the Godhead (prefer the biblical referrence) Why? In His word God says it's a mystery (can I hear an amen?) In Genesis God said let US make man in OUR image. God then made man aka "mankind" aka man and woman. God the Father ,Jesus (Yahoshua Ha' Mashiah) who became man and the Holy Spirit are all manifestations of the ONE God or essentially He presents himself as with Jesus as His the image (male), most teachings have God as gender neutral (a spirit without being gender specific) Now we enter an area od great debate although not confusion to those that "get this". The Holy Spirit in original Hebrew was referred to as Ruach (Adoni), which scholars claim is of faminine origins, yet based on adjectives and nouns reconstruction the Holy Spirit remains "he" rather than "she". Not to confuse post associates I prefer to hold off on this subject . The claim is the Greek changed the "she" of Ruach ha' Kodesh connotation to "he" which then was accepted by King James? Do your own research and share your input on this debatable area. Could the mystery be interpreted Father, Son, Mother (family or man and woman in Gods image)? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:54 PM

698 posts, read 648,066 times
Quote:
"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him. But NOT IN ALL is there this knowledge..."(I Cor. 8:5-7).
The above verse clearly says there is ONE ‘God’, that is “the FATHER”. Not, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Practically "not in all" Christendom is there this knowledge.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
[quote=kids in america_;26667936]
Quote:
"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him. But NOT IN ALL is there this knowledge..."(I Cor. 8:5-7).
Quote:
The above verse clearly says there is ONE ‘God’, that is “the FATHER”. Not, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Practically "not in all" Christendom is there this knowledge.

That passage which says there is one God, the Father, also says there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. And yet, both the Father and Jesus Christ are called Lord. In like manner, both the Father and Jesus Christ are called God.

Geneva Study Bible
(h) But as the Father is called Lord, so is the Son therefore God: therefore this word one does not regard the persons, but the natures.
1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

People's New Testament
8:6 But to us there is but one God. To Christians, there is but one divinity, one object of worship, the true and living God. One God, the Father, instead of the gods many; one Lord, Christ, instead of the lords many of heathenism (1Co 8:5), one God, and one Mediator between man and God (1Ti 2:5).
1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Jaimie-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
one Lord-contrasted with the "many lords" of heathendom (1Co 8:5).

God the Father, God the Son who is Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit are co-equal and co-eternal. There is one God in three Persons.

And there will always be those who, this side of death, deny this truth.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That passage which says there is one God, the Father, also says there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. And yet, both the Father and Jesus Christ are called Lord. In like manner, both the Father and Jesus Christ are called God.

Geneva Study Bible
(h) But as the Father is called Lord, so is the Son therefore God: therefore this word one does not regard the persons, but the natures.

People's New Testament
8:6 But to us there is but one God. To Christians, there is but one divinity, one object of worship, the true and living God. One God, the Father, instead of the gods many; one Lord, Christ, instead of the lords many of heathenism (1Co 8:5), one God, and one Mediator between man and God (1Ti 2:5).

Jaimie-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
one Lord-contrasted with the "many lords" of heathendom (1Co 8:5).

God the Father, God the Son who is Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit are co-equal and co-eternal. There is one God in three Persons.

And there will always be those who, this side of death, deny this truth.
Interesting that the only place which mentions God the Holy Spirit in three persons is you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity