Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM

1,196 posts, read 756,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Concerning the topic, they both are extremely and equally important. First, there’s nothing wrong with saying Jesus is a god, because there are many gods. But there’s ONLY one TRUE GOD, and that’s the God of Israel. And Jesus being our Lord ,(1Cor. 8:5,6). Jesus even showed that he isn’t the Father, (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). A “minister” , once told me , “Jesus is Jehovah Gods Father”, yet he believed he has a place in Heaven. Sadly he didn’t remember a couple of years earlier he said…” Jesus is the son and Father in Heaven.” When I asked him to explain this scripture…([SIZE=3] [/SIZE]Rev. 5:1-8), a vision John had of seeing the Father on the throne, with a book in his hand. And Jesus being the ONLY one who was worthy to take the book ,” out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. ” his response was,…”God could do anything.” sad when one refuse to see the truth.

The reason why it’s very important to know Jesus has a Father. Is because we HAVE to get to know, (which means learning about him), the Father, in order to gain everlasting life. Just as we ALL seem to WANT to learn about Jesus ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). IF many continually believe Jesus is the one who should be worshipped, (in the sense of him being the Father). NOT only will Jesus NOT see them as his spiritual family, but they will lose their life. Because Jesus said it’s his FATHER’s WILL we ALL HAVE to do ,(Matt.7:21 and Matt. 12:50).

Many seem to ONLY believe Jesus was sent to earth mainly to die for us, but that just the half of it. he was sent also to TEACH US, the ways in which to walk, so that we COULD, benefit from his death ,(John 3:16 and John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). So knowing if he’s God or not, is very important!

Jesus death, again is equally important, because of the love his Father had for us. Jehovah God, didn’t want to take out on us what someone else did. he sent his son, because he needed another PERFECT human to save us. since it was a perfect human, who cause us to lose OUR lives, (Rom. 5:11,12 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned).

So, Focusing on who Jesus was doesn’t take away from his true followers the goal he accomplished. It leads us to believe HIS words TOTALLY, instead of PARTLY. Which is what Satan’s false ministers ,(2Cor. 11:13-15), WANTS us to believe. satan IS the master of TRICKERY ,(Ephe. 6:11 ). Satan KNOWS, NOT…focusing on who Jesus REALLY is, would mean NOT focusing on Jesus Father, AT ALL. SATAN also KNOWS…. It doesn’t matter HOW much many say Lord!, (Matt. 7:22,23) ,if they choose to ignore Jesus WORDS, by NOT doing HIS Father’s will, and wants to do what the world does, (James4:4), WE will STILL be destroyed! peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM

63,989 posts, read 40,270,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
IMO, the important thing is what Jesus accomplished in his lifetime. He showed us His/our Father, the unconditional, loving, forgiving God who was not the God man created to validate all their atrocities to each other.

Jesus showed us that God is personally reachable by ourselves without any interference by man's laws and rules that separated us by honoring the creative minds of man, not God.

jmho
Excellent post, Miss Blue.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,940,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Q: "Jesus is God"? or "Jesus' death accomplished . . . ."? What is more important?

A:There is no seperating the two. "Jesus' death" could only accomplished" what it did because "Jesus is God"
God's Sacrifice: "The Lamb OF God" "Who Takes Away The Sins Of The World."

"My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?"

When will your Doctrine refleck Scripture
and not the doctrine the Catholic-church teaches?

They make 'The Son Of God' His Own God.
And Mary equal with Jesus.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,005,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Concerning the topic, they both are extremely and equally important. First, there’s nothing wrong with saying Jesus is a god, because there are many gods. But there’s ONLY one TRUE GOD, and that’s the God of Israel. And Jesus being our Lord ,(1Cor. 8:5,6). Jesus even showed that he isn’t the Father, (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). A “minister” , once told me , “Jesus is Jehovah Gods Father”, yet he believed he has a place in Heaven. Sadly he didn’t remember a couple of years earlier he said…” Jesus is the son and Father in Heaven.” When I asked him to explain this scripture…([SIZE=3] [/SIZE]Rev. 5:1-8), a vision John had of seeing the Father on the throne, with a book in his hand. And Jesus being the ONLY one who was worthy to take the book ,” out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. ” his response was,…”God could do anything.” sad when one refuse to see the truth.

The reason why it’s very important to know Jesus has a Father. Is because we HAVE to get to know, (which means learning about him), the Father, in order to gain everlasting life. Just as we ALL seem to WANT to learn about Jesus ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). IF many continually believe Jesus is the one who should be worshipped, (in the sense of him being the Father). NOT only will Jesus NOT see them as his spiritual family, but they will lose their life. Because Jesus said it’s his FATHER’s WILL we ALL HAVE to do ,(Matt.7:21 and Matt. 12:50).

Many seem to ONLY believe Jesus was sent to earth mainly to die for us, but that just the half of it. he was sent also to TEACH US, the ways in which to walk, so that we COULD, benefit from his death ,(John 3:16 and John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). So knowing if he’s God or not, is very important!

Jesus death, again is equally important, because of the love his Father had for us. Jehovah God, didn’t want to take out on us what someone else did. he sent his son, because he needed another PERFECT human to save us. since it was a perfect human, who cause us to lose OUR lives, (Rom. 5:11,12 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned).

So, Focusing on who Jesus was doesn’t take away from his true followers the goal he accomplished. It leads us to believe HIS words TOTALLY, instead of PARTLY. Which is what Satan’s false ministers ,(2Cor. 11:13-15), WANTS us to believe. satan IS the master of TRICKERY ,(Ephe. 6:11 ). Satan KNOWS, NOT…focusing on who Jesus REALLY is, would mean NOT focusing on Jesus Father, AT ALL. SATAN also KNOWS…. It doesn’t matter HOW much many say Lord!, (Matt. 7:22,23) ,if they choose to ignore Jesus WORDS, by NOT doing HIS Father’s will, and wants to do what the world does, (James4:4), WE will STILL be destroyed! peace
But Jesus did not come to earth as God but as Son of God. Therefore it is a false point to try to teach Jesus is God.

Whether one believes Jesus is God or not or believes He is part of some man-made trinity or not does absolutely nothing for the person. The evangel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. THAT is what's important.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:28 PM

151 posts, read 141,582 times
Hmm...let me flesh this out...

In order for His death to accomplish anything, all that necessarily has to be true is Jesus has to be perfect to earn the glory of God, and be killed. and, presumably, if God were to raise up a stone and propel Him into perfection and being killed, that rock would be worthy of the glory of God, and, logistically, that would grant the same righteousness as faith in Christ, due to the glory-of-God factor.

so, yeah. I guess that's a good point, Eusebius. However, due to the rampant self-pride functioning in outward Christianity, I would still keep hammering down on the personhood of Christ or ways to understand how God can operate in 3 centers of conscience (John Piper described it as that. really amazing description.). otherwise, we are not delayering the stumbling block and making it easier for them to get over...and if they're not going forward, they don't reach the throne either way....

Old 11-20-2012, 01:22 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,940,726 times
Jesus did not consider it robbery to Be Equal With God. - Phil.2:6

NOT, Jesus did not consider it robbery to Be God.

Why does your doctrine not reflect the Scriptural "Word Of Truth" ?

Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,520,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
God's Sacrifice: "The Lamb OF God" "Who Takes Away The Sins Of The World."

"My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?"

When will your Doctrine refleck Scripture
and not the doctrine the Catholic-church teaches?

They make 'The Son Of God' His Own God.
And Mary equal with Jesus.
"My" doctrine is based on scripures and .... and where you thought that I was Catholic I have no clue.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,234,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
IMO, the important thing is what Jesus accomplished in his lifetime. He showed us His/our Father, the unconditional, loving, forgiving God who was not the God man created to validate all their atrocities to each other.

Jesus showed us that God is personally reachable by ourselves without any interference by man's laws and rules that separated us by honoring the creative minds of man, not God.

jmho
What exactly does that mean? How did Jesus show us that we can reach God? Can you explain your thoughts a bit more? I'm just not sure I understood that.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,372,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What exactly does that mean? How did Jesus show us that we can reach God? Can you explain your thoughts a bit more? I'm just not sure I understood that.
I personally don't believe that we can just decide to reach out and seek after God. If we find ourselves seeking after Him its due to Him drawing us unto Himself.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,372,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You are missing the point.

What Christians should FOCUS on is what did Christ's death accomplish.

For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

This is a pretty awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity