Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:54 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"My" doctrine is based on scripures and .... and where you thought that I was Catholic I have no clue.

- Of The Trinity, where Jesus is God, is Catholic doctrine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What exactly does that mean? How did Jesus show us that we can reach God? Can you explain your thoughts a bit more? I'm just not sure I understood that.

These are my thoughts Vizio

Every thing in Jesus' 3 year ministry and his examples of how to pray showed how we reach God. It only takes the faith of a tiny mustard seed you know.

Jesus showed us love, compassion while he was flesh and blood then gave us the Holy Spirit after His death to continue to aid us in reaching God, through our prayer, our actions and deeds.

No rules, no tricks, nothing but a sincere desire to be "in touch" with Him

Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

This is a pretty awesome.
When we were God's enemy, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son.
How much more (having been reconciled) shall we be saved through his life.

Abundantly, overflowing the cup, which is cleansed from the inside; out.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I figured that most who post in this forum, knew(even if they don't believe it) that the Bible teaches the doctrine of the Trinity. That is to say that the Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three Gods but one God. I will not bother to go into the scriptures testimony about the Holy Spirit, but here is some of the scriptures that are used to show that this is what the Bible teaches about the divinity of the Son.

Mt 1:22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: Mt 1:23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."

Jn 5:18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Isa 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Lk 2:11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

1Jn 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

There are more than this, but these are some of the best known and clearest texts that show that the Bible teaches that the Jesus is the Son of God, and is God Almighty Himself in the flesh.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:39 AM

- "Look The Young Woman has conceived
and is bearing a Son and His NAME will be Immanuel." - Is.7:14 [Dead Sea Scrolls]

- "Behold a virgin shall be with Child and bear a Son, and they Shall Call His NAME Immanuel"
(that is when Interpreted, God Is His Name Immanuel.' - Matt.1:23 [a greek rendering]

Jesus is 'the only Begotten God' of God = "God Of G-gods".

"No one has ever see God;
the Only Begotten God Who is in the bossom of The Father,
He has made Him known." - John 1:18 [greek]

Jesus is the Only Begotten-God. We are the Born-Again gods. (sons of God)

I don't deny Jesus is THE Only Begotten God, Of God.

But catholics have not taught this.

Catholics haven't taught Jesus is "The Only BEGOTTEN God". [greek]
They've taught, Jesus IS God.

And that my friends is a doctrine that does not refleck what Jesus Himself said.

Jesus didn't deny He made Himself 'Equal With God'. Being 'The ONLY Begotten Of God".
As Jesus (the word of God) said,
'Is it not written in your law I Said You Are gods?
If He called them gods to whom the Word 0f God came..you say...I blaspheme
because I said I am The Son Of God" - John 10:34

Beware of those who'd take your Crown. - Rev.3:11

Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- "Look The Young Woman has conceived
and is bearing a Son and His NAME will be Immanuel." - Is.7:14 [Dead Sea Scrolls]

- "Behold a virgin shall be with Child and bear a Son, and they Shall Call His NAME Immanuel"
(that is when Interpreted, God Is His Name Immanuel.' - Matt.1:23 [a greek rendering]

Jesus is 'the only Begotten God' of God = "God Of G-gods".

"No one has ever see God;
the Only Begotten God Who is in the bossom of The Father,
He has made Him known." - John 1:18 [greek]

Jesus is the Only Begotten-God. We are the Born-Again gods. (sons of God)

I don't deny Jesus is THE Only Begotten God, Of God.

But catholics have not taught this.

Catholics haven't taught Jesus is "The Only BEGOTTEN God". [greek]
They've taught, Jesus IS God.

And that my friends is a doctrine that does not refleck what Jesus Himself said.

Jesus didn't deny He made Himself 'Equal With God'. Being 'The ONLY Begotten Of God".
As Jesus (the word of God) said,
'Is it not written in your law I Said You Are gods?
If He called them gods to whom the Word 0f God came..you say...I blaspheme
because I said I am The Son Of God" - John 10:34

Beware of those who'd take your Crown. - Rev.3:11
Where did you get your Greek from?...It says the only begotten Son...And being 'in the Bosom of the Father' is a Hebraic Idiom meaning to be in a place or position of Honor...For HaShem states that there shall be no other gods before Him...And Yeshua stated that He goes to His God and your God, to His Father and to your Father...

Yeshua's recitation of that verse is not to proclaim them gods or to proclaim Himself God, rather He was stating that this is what YOUR law states so why are you wanting to stone me for stating that I am the Son of God?...In other words, He was saying the same thing that they were going around saying, but they were ok with it when it came to themselves but not ok with it when Yeshua said the same thing...

Old 11-24-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where did you get your Greek from?...It says the only begotten Son...And being 'in the Bosom of the Father' is a Hebraic Idiom meaning to be in a place or position of Honor...For HaShem states that there shall be no other gods before Him...And Yeshua stated that He goes to His God and your God, to His Father and to your Father...

Yeshua's recitation of that verse is not to proclaim them gods or to proclaim Himself God, rather He was stating that this is what YOUR law states so why are you wanting to stone me for stating that I am the Son of God?...In other words, He was saying the same thing that they were going around saying, but they were ok with it when it came to themselves but not ok with it when Yeshua said the same thing...
- George R. Noyes translation from the Greek.
Not using Hebrew Idioms for word translation.

- There are no other gods Before Him. Being 'the only (true) God'.
But there are gods after Him, that are of Him.

- Jesus (the word of God in the flesh) told them
"is it not written in your law I SAID you are gods?
If HE CALLED them gods to whom The Word 0f God came
and the scripture can not be made void, say you of Him
Whom The FATHER sanctified and sent into the world.
You blaspheme because I said I am The Son Of God?" - John 10:35-37

Jews didn't consider themselves to be sons of God.
Do you consider yourself a son of God?

"The Lord said to Moses, 'See I have made you as god to Pharaoh..' - Ex.7:1

So don't tell me The Lord is not 'God of gods'.

Because that doctrine does not reflect scripture.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
- George R. Noyes translation from the Greek.
Not using Hebrew Idioms for word translation.

- There are no other gods Before Him. Being 'the only (true) God'.
But there are gods after Him, that are of Him.

- Jesus (the word of God in the flesh) told them
"is it not written in your law I SAID you are gods?
If HE CALLED them gods to whom The Word 0f God came
and the scripture can not be made void, say you of Him
Whom The FATHER sanctified and sent into the world.
You blaspheme because I said I am The Son Of God?" - John 10:35-37

Jews didn't consider themselves to be sons of God.
Do you consider yourself a son of God?

"The Lord said to Moses, 'See I have made you as god to Pharaoh..' - Ex.7:1

So don't tell me The Lord is not 'God of gods'.

Because that doctrine does not reflect scripture.
Ok, go ahead with your Pantheon...

Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 AM

Scritprue says God is, "God of gods".

Who are the gods He is God of ?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Scritprue says God is, "God of gods".

Who are the gods He is God of ?
Bring up the reference...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity