Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times

Advertisements

For me, I fully embraced Jesus when I realized how lost I was after reading the entire New Testament that clearly points out the fact that not only is Jesus my Lord but He's my Savior who simply asks me to follow Him and love everyone as He does. Now I ask this question because from reading many posts in this Christian forum by people who claim to be Christian, it appears that Jesus isn't fully embraced for redeeming us, for dying for us, and for mediating for us daily. I don't sense any genuine love among the participants in these forums. Instead, it appears to me that Jesus has been put on the back burner being leaped frog over by people who would rather win a religious debate over spreading the good news about what Jesus has done for all of us. What are your thoughts about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
For me, I fully embraced Jesus when I realized how lost I was after reading the entire New Testament that clearly points out the fact that not only is Jesus my Lord but He's my Savior who simply asks me to follow Him and love everyone as He does. Now I ask this question because from reading many posts in this Christian forum by people who claim to be Christian, it appears that Jesus isn't fully embraced for redeeming us, for dying for us, and for mediating for us daily. I don't sense any genuine love among the participants in these forums. Instead, it appears to me that Jesus has been put on the back burner being leaped frog over by people who would rather win a religious debate over spreading the good news about what Jesus has done for all of us. What are your thoughts about this?
What you say pretty much sums it up. I often times have to take a break from the ranker and have God wash my mind.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Just like the song ...`Joy to the world , the Lord has come,... Let earth receive her King,...Let every heart prepare Him room,....And Heaven and nature sing,...And heaven and nature sing ,..And Heaven and Heaven and nature sing...``..... See the song writer believed that Children born under sin have condemnation of Adam needs a Saviour , as nature sings ....

Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Really? I do. And not just from people with whom I tend to be in agreement. But from most posters, even the ones who vehemently oppose what I, personally, believe to be truth. Generally, people who post on these forums seem to me to be very passionate about what they believe and they give of their valuable time to express those beliefs to others here. I'm sure that the motives of none of us are 100% altruistic but, generally, I think people are showing love by sharing what they believe is truth and that is meaningful and life-enhancing for them, and therefore they believe will be meaningful and life-enhancing for others. The fact that there are many different perspectives of the truth, some in seeming opposition to each other, means that there are going to be people butting heads along the way.

One can't show love in more tangible ways here like one can in real life. So I believe people are attempting to show love and serve others with their words in the best way they are able. Personally, I wish we all were more aware at all times that there is a real person on the other end of these posts, and then perhaps we'd all show more care in how we speak to each other, and perhaps focus more on connecting with each other and finding ways to support each other as we all attempt to understand and live Truth more fully. But I think, probably, that most of the regular posters here would willingly show "genuine love" to each other in many ways if they knew each other in real life.

Just my thoughts.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Matthew 22:36 “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the greatest and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

This is the ENTIRE GOSPEL (Good News), nothing more and nothing less...do this and you can't go wrong!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Really? I do. And not just from people with whom I tend to be in agreement. But from most posters, even the ones who vehemently oppose what I, personally, believe to be truth. Generally, people who post on these forums seem to me to be very passionate about what they believe and they give of their valuable time to express those beliefs to others here. I'm sure that the motives of none of us are 100% altruistic but, generally, I think people are showing love by sharing what they believe is truth and that is meaningful and life-enhancing for them, and therefore they believe will be meaningful and life-enhancing for others. The fact that there are many different perspectives of the truth, some in seeming opposition to each other, means that there are going to be people butting heads along the way.

One can't show love in more tangible ways here like one can in real life. So I believe people are attempting to show love and serve others with their words in the best way they are able. Personally, I wish we all were more aware at all times that there is a real person on the other end of these posts, and then perhaps we'd all show more care in how we speak to each other, and perhaps focus more on connecting with each other and finding ways to support each other as we all attempt to understand and live Truth more fully. But I think, probably, that most of the regular posters here would willingly show "genuine love" to each other in many ways if they knew each other in real life.

Just my thoughts.
I agree with you about us being aware of the fact that there is a real peron on the other end of these posts who took the time to express their religious beliefs. The reason I said that some people don't show love is because of the fact that they attack people for what they believe instead of reasoning.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
I agree with you about us being aware of the fact that there is a real peron on the other end of these posts who took the time to express their religious beliefs. The reason I said that some people don't show love is because of the fact that they attack people for what they believe instead of reasoning.

Sure ... and attacking the person rather than addressing the content of a post can happen for any number of reasons. It could just be a momentary flare-up of impatience. Or it could indicate an overall lack of maturity and/or an abrasive style of communication. Or, it could be that the person doesn't really have any reasonable response so they resort to attacking the person. And, the other possibility is that written communication can't always convey very well the TONE of a response, and what we assume is said with rancor, may not be after all.

Then too, there's the matter of judgment ... what subjects are really worth debating about and what aren't? Not everyone is in agreement about that either.

Fortunately, love covers a multitude of wrongs. As I see it, participating on this forum offers the opportunity to grow in love by looking for the best in others, and seeing them through the eyes of love, as God sees them.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleroo View Post
sure ... And attacking the person rather than addressing the content of a post can happen for any number of reasons. It could just be a momentary flare-up of impatience. Or it could indicate an overall lack of maturity and/or an abrasive style of communication. Or, it could be that the person doesn't really have any reasonable response so they resort to attacking the person. And, the other possibility is that written communication can't always convey very well the tone of a response, and what we assume is said with rancor, may not be after all.

Then too, there's the matter of judgment ... What subjects are really worth debating about and what aren't? Not everyone is in agreement about that either.

Fortunately, love covers a multitude of wrongs. As i see it, participating on this forum offers the opportunity to grow in love by looking for the best in others, and seeing them through the eyes of love, as god sees them.

amen!!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:

Just my thoughts.
They are far more than just your thoughts, Pleroo. Thank you for them. I agree with your assessment of the members of this forum.

Quote:
Quote:
Sure ... and attacking the person rather than addressing the content of a post can happen for any number of reasons. It could just be a momentary flare-up of impatience. Or it could indicate an overall lack of maturity and/or an abrasive style of communication. Or, it could be that the person doesn't really have any reasonable response so they resort to attacking the person. And, the other possibility is that written communication can't always convey very well the TONE of a response, and what we assume is said with rancor, may not be after all.

Then too, there's the matter of judgment ... what subjects are really worth debating about and what aren't? Not everyone is in agreement about that either.

Fortunately, love covers a multitude of wrongs. As I see it, participating on this forum offers the opportunity to grow in love by looking for the best in others, and seeing them through the eyes of love, as God sees them.
More wisdom expressed with love, Pleroo.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:23 AM

53 posts, read 44,370 times
Quote:
Amen my brother in Christ. Until we all realize what Jesus has provided for us we have not made Him Lord of our life. I have also noted the spirit of many here. All we as sold out believers in Christ can do is present the truth and allow the Holy Spirit to use it on those He can.

God bless! and Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity