Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,791,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The Bible recognises men owning female sex slaves as well as being married to several wives.

In Leviticus, the only censure against a man having sex with a female sex slave is if a man has sex with another man's sex slave. That's more of a property/theft issue.

So do you think men owning women as sex slaves is moral or immoral?
Ironic how the Bible not mentioning same-sex marriage means it's wrong and immoral. Do these extremists realize the Bible doesn't mention computers, or cars, or processed food, or airplanes, or ipods, or any other countless things.

David and Jonathan were never condemned in the Bible, and while they weren't married, their relationship was way too romantic to be brotherly, and way stronger than any relationship they could have with a woman, which I would find odd for a completely straight person.

No where in the Bible does God condemn intense love between members of the same-sex.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM

28,111 posts, read 30,019,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. That was discrimination based on skin color.
Oh, I see. It was discrimination on different grounds, and that makes one okay and the other not.

Quote:
We don't legislate based on how it would affect the rest of society.
What's your point? If it doesn't affect the rest of society, why should the rest of society be opposed to it?

Quote:
I don't care, to be honest.
Yeah, that's obvious. You're definitely not your brother's keeper.

Quote:
I don't care. Heteros don't have those rights with a person they're not married to, either.
That's right, they don't. But if they wish to have those rights, they simply marry the person they're in love with and the matter is settled. They're not prohibited from doing so because someone else doesn't approve of the relationship.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,401,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Then we shouldn't have changed marriage the other dozen times we've done so, since they all set bad precedent. Probably the biggest one was allowing women to actually have rights within a marriage. They should have remained sex slaves, like marriages original definition.
The next one was legislation against a husband beating his wife. Then against a man raping his wife.
Then we had no-fault divorce.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM

28,111 posts, read 30,019,183 times
Quote:
It's a bad precedent to set. It changes the very nature and definition of what marriage is. Inevitably when you go and write legislation for a very small group of people that affects everyone, there is some unforeseen way that someone will file some stupid appeal in 10 years when the lawyers get involved, and there will be unintended consequences. It's better to just not even start.
The whole point, Vizio, is that it doesn't affect everyone. You never did answer my question. How could giving gays the same civil rights as you have negatively affect you? How would your life be changed if someone else had the right to marry the person he wanted to and have the rights that you and your spouse have?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,754,623 times
Post No Respect of Person

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Supreme Court Gay Marriage Cases: Court Urged To Uphold Proposition 8, Defense Of Marriage Act

I am still old school for traditional marriage, and think homosexuality is a sin like any other sin, coveting, stealing, lying, lust, greed, hate, etc.

So, are any others still for traditional marriage? It seems almost everybody in the world is pushing for gay rights in each state!

I also treat gay people with respect and kindly. I just don't agree with their lifestyle. God Bless, Coastalbum

yes, many people are different, our world have beauty and adversily, some bad and some good. AS the word of God say, nature shoud never change, homosexuality it a detestable sin, Leviticus 18: 22. But bring out hates is also lead to ange, and we know that these thing can become a sin. Homosexuality was here on earth since ancient times, and God dealt with according to His laws, but also spared people with mercy. Yes marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman, which is sanctify by God, through the Holy Spirit and no one or any form of govermentor any Court system especially our Supreme Court to change Biblical laws, from the past, present and future, just as God dell with as in ancient times He will again, I believe that the Holy Spirit would say don't judge its book for its cover, or the lifestyle of any person, but give the understand love, affection as you wish for your family. Remember the flesh is the problem, and we have our own demons to battle with everyday. Lets take a word from God about us

We begin in Eph 4:17-18 (NKJV) This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart;

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

James 1:13-14 Let no one say when he or she is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

James 1:16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brother and sister.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. ( Gay or Straight)

2 Chron 19:7 Wherefore now let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.

1 Peter 1:17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;

Col 3:25 But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality, (No respect of person.)
Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Ex 20:16 You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Gay or Straight)

1 John 2:7-8 Brother and Sisters, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

Matt 18:21-22 "Lord, how often shall my brother or sister sin against me, and I forgive him or her? Up to seven times?"
Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Jude 1:21-22 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Psalms 1:1-2 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.

1 Corinthians 11:27-33 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup….

Matt 5:11, 7, 9, 8 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 01-28-2013 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,218,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The whole point, Vizio, is that it doesn't affect everyone. You never did answer my question. How could giving gays the same civil rights as you have negatively affect you? How would your life be changed if someone else had the right to marry the person he wanted to and have the rights that you and your spouse have?
It doesn't matter how it would affect me personally. It's not relevant. If I murdered a guy in my little town of 60 people in the midwest, you likely wouldn't be effected....but it's still illegal.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,398,670 times
The last time I checked, murdering someone was a crime.
Nowhere does loving that of another, even come close.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,218,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The last time I checked, murdering someone was a crime.
Nowhere does loving that of another, even come close.
But by the logic being presented, it shouldn't be. I mean...it doesn't affect you personally what happens in another part of the country far removed from you, right? Why should you care?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
But by the logic being presented, it shouldn't be. I mean...it doesn't affect you personally what happens in another part of the country far removed from you, right? Why should you care?
And that's not the logic that was being presented.

It's not 'logical' to compare same-sex marriage to murder at all.

The fact that you have to resort to that, shows you still can't come up with a rational argument against same-sex marriage.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Can't see how it's off-topic. That's why homosexuality is a sin. Sex outside of marriage is immoral.
Do you think forcing a young virgin girl to marry her rapist is moral or immoral?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity