Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
You remind me of the old man who lived down the road from us when I was a child. He did not believe in big trucks and to prove they did not exist he stood out in the middle of the newly opened Interstate highway one day until one ran over him. Just because you don't believe in God does not mean you are not held accountable to Him. You see He has sent many to tell you about Him and that He has made a way for you to avoid the consequences of your sin. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die in your place if you will but believe in Him. Believe that He died for your sins and rose again the third day as Paul states it. I really hope you do that before you come face to face with the God that created you.
Does that mean if I don't believe in God, despite my pursuit of justice and equality, despite any compassion and kindness I show towards others,..it counts for nothing? Do you really think that if there is a God he's gonna favor a criminal who asks for forgiveness for his many sins over a good and kind person...simply...because they don't believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
But that's not what God did. God put out every thing on earth that could be had and among all those things was this one thing. Kind of like going into the largest grocery store you ever have and being told you could have anything in the store and all you want for free. Just take it. However there was this one item way over there that you must not take. Now take any of the thousands and thousands of other items you want only leave that one single thing alone.
As "Gods children" the eating from the tree of truth and knowledge was a given. seriously...give it a try...tell a child they can have ANYthing they want...just not this...see what happens, probably a GOOD percentage of the time, that which is "forbidden" will be the most coveted of all ..it's common knowledge "the grass is always greener on the other side". We know that about ourselves..a God would know that too, especially one who knows and sees all...don't you think?

Old 07-12-2013, 06:32 PM

796 posts, read 858,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
As "Gods children" the eating from the tree of truth and knowledge was a given. seriously...give it a try...tell a child they can have ANYthing they want...just not this...see what happens, probably a GOOD percentage of the time, that which is "forbidden" will be the most coveted of all ..it's common knowledge "the grass is always greener on the other side". We know that about ourselves..a God would know that too, especially one who knows and sees all...don't you think?
I don't think you have a clue about God. Please share your relationship with Him for us.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:33 PM

796 posts, read 858,919 times
Quote:
Does that mean if I don't believe in God, despite my pursuit of justice and equality, despite any compassion and kindness I show towards others,..it counts for nothing? Do you really think that if there is a God he's gonna favor a criminal who asks for forgiveness for his many sins over a good and kind person...simply...because they don't believe?
Of course. He said that to have eternal life you must believe on Jesus Christ.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 PM

794 posts, read 846,804 times
Quote:
Yes. And the reason is because God punished Jesus for our sins, not His. Anyone who believes in Jesus has been crucified with Him. Anyone who rejects Jesus, despite how good they are or become, is still in the prison of sin that Adam placed all of his posterity in. Jesus did not come to make bad people good. He came to make dead people live. (Romans 5:19)

God does not categorize sinners. We sin because we are sinners. We don't become sinners because we sin. In God's eyes all of Adam's posterity are sinners. There is no one person anymore or less a sinner than the next. This is not about how good or bad we are. It is about what we believe. By choosing to believe in Jesus you are acknowledging God, His sovereignty and His grace. Its like in the garden of Eden when God told Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. When Adam ate from the tree, He did not believe God's word is truth. So today, anyone who hears about Jesus and chooses not to believe in Him, they are saying God's word is not truth because they do not believe God saved us by the blood of Jesus.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Quote:
You are asking those who don't think, don't you think?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law to themselves: 15Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity