Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM

794 posts, read 848,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
A Christian is any person who believes Jesus is Messiah and Son of God.
I believe he is Messiah and Gods son, I just don't worship him or believe he is God.

A Christian is some one who follows Christs teachings.

Just because our beliefs are different doesn't mean I am not a Christian.
I still believe Jesus is Messiah and Gods son.
A Christian is anyone who believes Jesus is the Son of God AND died on the cross for our sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 PM

670 posts, read 816,816 times
I am a Christian because I strive to follow Christs teachings.

You know the people Jesus forgave or healed didn't give him any thing, they asked and he gave with out demanding worship, without demanding praise, sacrifices, or what ever.

So the idea that the cross is important is ridiculous.
The life of the man was important, his teachings where important and we are suppose to follow them, repent daily and do good in order to gain salvation.

His Way,
the Narrow Way is the Path to Life
and Few Shall Ever Find It.

There are a lot of people in this world who have faith in the crucifixion, but there are not that many in this world who do the will God. There are not that many people in this World who truly are selfless who try their best to reap good fruit while they live.

Faith in the Crucifixion of Christ does not save you, it alone even if it is valid can't save you.
We where given the ability to discern right from wrong for a reason.
We are held accountable for our actions. "We Reap what we Sow."

They will know we are Christians by our Love,
not by a belief in a brutal murder of a righteous man.

Jesus was Murdered,
though he did not fight back and allowed death to take him.
His rising from the dead did not prove he was God, it showed how powerful his Father who is God was.
Just as the Plagues in Egypt showed the Egyptians that the deity Mosses served was Powerful.

"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that and shudder.
You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:14-25

"There are two ways: one of life and one of death; and the difference between the two ways is great.
The way of life is this: first, you should love God, who made you; secondly, love your neighbor as yourself; and whatever things you do not desire to be done to you, do not do them to someone else.
But the Way of Death is this: first of all, it is evil and full of curses, lusts, adulteries, murders, thefts, idolatries, witchcrafts, sorceries, robberies, false witnesses, hypocrisies, double-mindedness, fraud, arrogance, boastfulness, jealousies, foul speech, pride, persecutors of the good, haters of truth, lovers of a lie, not regarding the reward of the righteous, not holding to the good or to the righteous judgment, spending sleepless nights not for good, but for wickedness; far from whom is gentleness and patience; loving useless things, seeking rewards, unmerciful to the poor, not helping the hardworking person, not regarding the one who made them, child murderers, destroyers of God's creation, turning away the needy, oppressing the distressed, wrongfully assisting the rich, unjust judges of the poor, altogether sinful." - from The Didache

May Love and Peace be with you always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity