Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 03:44 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

The best way to correctly understand the word justify (justification) is this way:
Justify: .... "Just if I never sinned"
Romans 3:25
God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith.

Romans 5:9
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!

Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,..

To him (Jesus Christ) all people will worship him "who loved us and freed us by his blood" all " glory and power for ever and ever! Amen." Revelation 1:6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
The mechanic of how it was done may be in question, but the fact is not: "13And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him." Col 2

Old 08-30-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The mechanic of how it was done may be in question, but the fact is not: "13And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him." Col 2
No question at all ....

Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Colossians 2:13-15
God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness,
which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to thecross.
And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

1 Corinthians 1:18
[ Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom ]
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:59 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
The cross does not save, it is the flesh and blood of the son of man that saves him who eats and drinks.

The son of man says;

The son of man comes to serve not be served. Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve.

Truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood possesses eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is honest drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you.

I am the light of the world. No one who comes to me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty, the water I give him shall be like a fountain inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

Scripture has it; My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living water,says the Lord

All who forsake you (Lord) shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The cross does not save, it is the flesh and blood of the son of man that saves him who eats and drinks.

The son of man says;

The son of man comes to serve not be served. Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve.

Truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood possesses eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is honest drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you.

I am the light of the world. No one who comes to me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty, the water I give him shall be like a fountain inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

Scripture has it; My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living water,says the Lord

All who forsake you (Lord) shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord.
The message of ...
1 Corinthians 1:18
[ Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom ]
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The best way to correctly understand the word justify (justification) is this way:
God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith.

Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!

Revelation 1:5 Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him (Jesus Christ) all people will worship him "who loved us and freed us by his blood" all " glory and power for ever and ever! Amen." Revelation 1:6
To be exact, this is from Rev 1:5-6
"who loved us and freed us by his blood" all " glory and power for ever and ever! Amen."

Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

The son of man says;

an added thought ... your bold is how God provides for his own by being able to "remain in me" as Jesus said:

John 15:5-6
“I am the vine; you are the branches.
If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
It is not by blood that we are saved but from doing good deeds that we are saved.
We must repent daily with the intention of improving for the better.
We must do good for the sake of doing good and no other reason.
Love is the greatest good work and from it arises all others,
It is when we choose to love that we are saved for god is love.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
It is not by blood that we are saved but from doing good deeds that we are saved.
We must repent daily with the intention of improving for the better.
We must do good for the sake of doing good and no other reason.
Love is the greatest good work and from it arises all others,
It is when we choose to love that we are saved for god is love.
I don't know if one should even seriously attempt to go through point by point on how opposite of the truth this is or just restate:

Old 09-06-2013, 02:38 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I don't know if one should even seriously attempt to go through point by point on how opposite of the truth this is or just restate:

Faith without Works is dead.

You have the right to your belief,
And I have the right to mine,
God will judge us both accordingly and may we both be shown mercy.

Romans is not in my Bible, it is in yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity