Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 PM

264 posts, read 351,274 times

Advertisements

Rom 13:1-7
13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
KJV
Heb 1:7
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
KJV

It may seem that we are not to give honor to rulers who go against God's Word, however, did Daniel? NO, He only paid no attention to the law that the ruler set up that was against God's Word, such as no bowing or worshipping any one but the king which was actually a set up by others such as those who try to make men of God stumble. Daniel was found innocent,But also because the king was tricked into harming innocent blood but was bound by his word to keep it, he too was found innocent.
Daniel did not bad mouth the king, he infact said LIVE for ever OH KING, yet he went straight up and swung open the windows and openly worshipped the God of heaven who he KNEW could save him no matter what man does to him. That is the way we are supposed to be regarding things that come against us when we stand up for God and His Word, Firm, immovable!
Dan 6:21-22
21 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
KJV
For the thing you fear, shall come upon you. We must put our trust in God and His Word alone, for there is no power that is not there except by God's will. It is written that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without His knowledge.
Rulers are anointed of God rather they know God or not does not make a difference. For our rulers are chosen from our own stock, and what so ever we have sown in our children is exactly the type of rulers who will be set over us and we suffer the consequences of our actions(our upbringing of them) And this determines if our mother-land is blessed by God or God forsaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 07:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Do you believe that the devil rules over the earth?
Speaking from their elevated platforms; it's man, who exalts himself.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Speaking from their elevated platforms; it's man, who exalts himself.
Why, you probably think that Pharaoh exalted himself up too, but that is not what God says!
Rom 9:17
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
KJV

I never said that they will not suffer the consequences of their boastfulness, I said that they would not be a ruler unless God allowed it.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

No.

I believe fundamentalist religionists would like to - which would be worse than anything old Lucifer could dream up.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:38 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:

No!

God is omnipotent and present in every corner, molecule, atom, and quark of the entire universe.

Satan is an allegoric character to explain evil to the folks that lived on Earth in biblical times.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
No!

God is omnipotent and present in every corner, molecule, atom, and quark of the entire universe.

Satan is an allegoric character to explain evil to the folks that lived on Earth in biblical times.
That is not what my Bible teaches:
Rev 12:9
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
KJV
Luke 22:31-32
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
KJV
2 Cor 11:14
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
KJV
1 Cor 5:5
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
KJV
Job 1:6-7
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
KJV

The devil is the TEMPTOR and then once you fall for the temptation, he turns adversary to make sure you get judged. He steals your blessings and ruins your household and corrupts souls.
He is REAL!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
That is not what my Bible teaches:
Rev 12:9
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
You need to learn and understand allegoric writing.

allegory
1. a representation of an abstract or spiritual meaning through concrete or material forms; figurative treatment of one subject under the guise of another.
2. a symbolical narrative: the allegory of Piers Plowman.
3. emblem ( def 3 ) .

I will try to explain how an allegory works.

Lets pretend I say: I became as high as a kite and flew across the sky after taking LSD. That does not mean I actually flew across the sky. I am simply using a figure of speech to convey a message.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,568 times
When Jesus was tempted by Satan in which Satan offers to give all the kingdoms of the world in exchange for worship Jesus did not refute Satan's assertion that he could indeed deliver the kingdoms of the world.

1 John 5:19: "We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." Seems the early Christians to whom these words were directed understood who rules this world

Mankind can do a lot of damage even without Satan's influence but add Satan's influence and horrors are just magnified.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
The devil is the TEMPTOR and then once you fall for the temptation, he turns adversary to make sure you get judged.
He steals your blessings and ruins your household and corrupts souls. He is REAL!
Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world, that which extends deep down from the surface yet is visible through the distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity (when in opposition to the Spirit). The second Adam stood his ground - against the natural disposition of men and the temperament of his soul. As the beast nature within men, insists upon having its own way. The totality of any experience must be real; not predicated on false beliefs. To fully integrate adversity (Satan) is to assimilate it into one’s own heart and mind.

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-07-2013 at 12:14 AM..

Old 11-07-2013, 05:21 AM

I am baffled at folks that firmly believe in the power of Satan and demons and fully reject the Virgin Mary, the mother of God. How ridiculous is that?

They believe that Satan is this supernatural entity that controls the planet, but refuse to accept that Virgin Mary could mediate with Jesus even though she was the mother of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity