Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 09:04 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintMePurple View Post
Men of the Father do not worship satan, just as we do not worship Mary.
It is not an issue of worship.

You guys give Satan too much credit. You actually believe in Satan and demons as evil entities. At the same time you dismiss the blessed Virgin, mother of God.

That is an contradiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 09:07 AM

55 posts, read 62,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

You guys give Satan too much credit. You actually believe in Satan and demons as evil entities. At the same time you dismiss the blessed Virgin, mother of God.

I don't dismiss the fact that she gave birth to the Messiah.

She was obedient to the Father.

She deserves no more credit than anyone else who is obedient.

I also REFUSE to place ANY human on a pedestal, idolatry.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I don't dismiss the fact that she gave birth to the Messiah.

She was obedient to the Father.

She deserves no more credit than anyone else who is obedient.

I also REFUSE to place ANY human on a pedestal, idolatry.
OK, I do not want to discuss idolatry, but that implies that the image is a deity and Mary is not a deity. She is simply the mother of God and not an ordinary human.

But, Satan is an allegory and you actually believe Satan is an actual entity with powers. And if Satan has powers then Satan is a deity. How could you believe this?

How can anyone believe Satan controls the Earth?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:

They don't get it because they don't WANT to get it.

You're better off shouting into the wind in the hopes someone with an open mind will hear and think.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
OK, I do not want to discuss idolatry, but that implies that the image is a deity and Mary is not a deity. She is simply the mother of God and not an ordinary human.

But, Satan is an allegory and you actually believe Satan is an actual entity with powers. And if Satan has powers then Satan is a deity. How could you believe this?

How can anyone believe Satan controls the Earth?

I have looked Evil in the eye, personally.

I know for a fact that evil exists.

Some of us are called out to See, others remain blind.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,710 times
Christians recognize the truth behind 1 Peter 2:22 which indicates Jesus is sinless and without deception.

So if Jesus were to refer to Satan as a real entity as well as "his (satan's) angels," the demons, was he confused? Was he misinformed? was he wrong? Is there deception at work?

Luke 22:31: "Simon, Simon, Look! Satan has demanded to have all of you to sift you as wheat."

and

Luke 10:17,18: "Then the 70 returned with joy, saying: “Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name.†18 At that he said to them: “I see Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven."

and

Matthew 25:41: " “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels."

and

John 8:44: "You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie."

Again Jesus refers to the Devil as an actual entity and implies that the Devil was at one time truthful and guiltless just like the other spirit creatures that serve God.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:

Then we learn what we see in others is really a reflection of ourselves. Unfortunately most of us remain blind to this.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Then we learn what we see in others is really a reflection of ourselves. Unfortunately most of us remain blind to this.

No.

There are two forms of evil, demonic evil and human evil.

Human evil- petty, worshipers of Self, Self-seekers.......white lies, selfish.

Demonic evil- hateful, deceivers, destroyers of others, Self at the expense of all else (others), sold to the devil, evil to the core.

I can discern the two. Neither is a reflection of myself.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
No.

There are two forms of evil, demonic evil and human evil.

Human evil- petty, worshipers of Self, Self-seekers.......white lies, selfish.

Demonic evil- hateful, deceivers, destroyers of others, Self at the expense of all else (others), sold to the devil, evil to the core.

I can discern the two. Neither is a reflection of myself.
2 forms of evil ?. That's a new one on me.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh

Speaks what ?

Old 11-08-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:

No one denies the existence of EVIL.

EVIL is quite real. However, EVIL is not an entity called Satan that is controlling the Earth or lurking behind our backs. EVIL is real and lives within us. EVIL is inside of you and me------it is part of the human condition.

Satan is the symbol of EVIL and hence it is allegoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity