Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:26 PM

91 posts, read 98,068 times

Advertisements

From my experience Satan does have an order to his priesthood where his top devils have greater power than those who are simply following him or whatever. Basically I think he sort of matches up his devils with great power to oppose those who have great power in Christ's kingdom. So, if a person is basically barely making it in Christ's kingdom then Satan will match up a devil who is barely making it in hell because that person is easily persuaded or doesn't do God's work so he's not really a threat. It's when you get into where there are people who really make a difference in Christ's kingdom when Satan assigns his leading devils to try tormenting the most righteous. Christ was matched up with Satan himself when he was on Earth. I think while Satan does this a lot this isn't always the case however because if Satan can see a way to get an easy kill or whatever, he could assign a powerful devil to quickly take out someone who is very weak. However, I definitely believe that in Satan's kingdom there are different powers of evil among the devils there just as there are different powers of righteousness among the Saints and humans in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 05:05 PM

10,108 posts, read 5,030,706 times
But there are No devils in hell. No devils were ever in hell, rather Jesus was the one in the Bible's hell - Acts 2 vs 27,31,32; 3 v 15

Old 11-08-2013, 05:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,310,635 times
I wish devil-believers would grow up and admit to their own impure/selfish/whatever-negative aspects, instead of having to blame them on a Bogey Man.

The devil is in your mirror.

It is you!

Grow a pair and take ownership of your own human frailty. Vow to try harder to be better. Work at it. Catch yourself being a buttorifice and stop. Pretty soon it'll become habit.

And before you know it, you'll find people being nicer to you simply because you're nicer to be around. Your whole world could change for the better - if you'd only stop blaming the Bogey Man for your (or the world's) troubles.

I believe the Creator wishes us to grow - in all ways. Spiritual growth (aka "maturity") doesn't occur when one is constantly blaming someone/something else for what's wrong in life.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:26 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,387,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I wish devil-believers would grow up and admit to their own impure/selfish/whatever-negative aspects, instead of having to blame them on a Bogey Man.

It is you!

Grow a pair and take ownership of your own human frailty. Vow to try harder to be better. Work at it. Catch yourself being a buttorifice and stop. Pretty soon it'll become habit.

And before you know it, you'll find people being nicer to you simply because you're nicer to be around. Your whole world could change for the better - if you'd only stop blaming the Bogey Man for your (or the world's) troubles.

I believe the Creator wishes us to grow - in all ways. Spiritual growth (aka "maturity") doesn't occur when one is constantly blaming someone/something else for what's wrong in life.
What a great post! :-)

Old 11-08-2013, 05:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,478,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus was Not talking or conversing to an allegory character in Luke chapter 4.
Has it dawned on anyone, that he [Jesus] was conversing with the Religious leaders and Rulers of that day?
As t
he Pinnacle of Sin and Death is the highest culminating point of man’s Religion; and control over the people?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:50 PM

64,098 posts, read 40,400,105 times
Quote:
It is you!
Well said, TroutDude . . . words to live by!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:56 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,596,808 times
Quote:
Do you believe that the devil rules over the earth?

No.

I believe fundamentalist religionists would like to - which would be worse than anything old Lucifer could dream up.
haha, so true.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:50 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,663,324 times
[img]

According to Masonic literature, Lucifer is symbolized as the light behind the eye.

Freemason Shriner says Lucifer is god - YouTube

Yes I believe that Satan is the "god of this age", an real spiritual entity about to be put under the feet of JESUS Christ.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:55 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,387,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yes I believe that Satan is the "god of this age", an real spiritual entity about to be put under the feet of JESUS Christ.
If Satan is a deity then that means that God is not omnipotent. And that is impossible.

Evil cannot coexist with God because God is All good.

In fact in theology evil is merely defined as absence of good.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:55 PM

7,740 posts, read 12,675,382 times
From what Kat Kerr has preached in her lessons, the devil rules the sky. Which is exactly what God said in the Bible. Turns out most Christians were right when we blamed the devil for the destructive tsunamis, hurricanes, and earthquakes that have damaged many cities and killed people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity