Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 09:59 AM

264 posts, read 351,661 times

Advertisements

For these are merely divisions due to confusion of what the Word says. But more deadly, there are divisions because our flesh doesn't want to hear what God's Word is saying, for we are carnal still when we can't receive TRUTH. So we form groups (spiritual gang's) who are like minded and will defend one another against other BRETHREN IN CHRIST for their right to hear the Word as they like it to say against another group that has divided off from the ROOT to hear the Word they way that sounds soothing to their flesh.

There is just one Father, one Word and one Spirit and they are not divided they are ONE, for the Bible says that a house divided can not stand (UP)
When we fight over our own understanding of the Word, instead of come together to reason with the Spirit to guide us into all truth having the more sure Word in front of us, we only deceive ourselves. For it does not matter what we want God's Word to say, it only matters WHAT IT SAYS. God sees our heart and knows exactly why we have chosen to reject certain truths in the Bible, God is not mocked!
And God is not the author of CONFUSION, but He will help you out if you desire to be that way.

1 Cor 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
KJV
Matt 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
KJV
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV
1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV
1 Cor 3:1-7
3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
KJV
1 Cor 1:12-13
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
KJV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 10:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
So....... what denomination do YOU attend?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:08 AM

55 posts, read 62,879 times
I don't recognize churches.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
For these are merely divisions due to confusion of what the Word says. But more deadly, there are divisions because our flesh doesn't want to hear what God's Word is saying, for we are carnal still when we can't receive TRUTH. So we form groups (spiritual gang's) who are like minded and will defend one another against other BRETHREN IN CHRIST for their right to hear the Word as they like it to say against another group that has divided off from the ROOT to hear the Word they way that sounds soothing to their flesh.

There is just one Father, one Word and one Spirit and they are not divided they are ONE, for the Bible says that a house divided can not stand (UP)
When we fight over our own understanding of the Word, instead of come together to reason with the Spirit to guide us into all truth having the more sure Word in front of us, we only deceive ourselves. For it does not matter what we want God's Word to say, it only matters WHAT IT SAYS. God sees our heart and knows exactly why we have chosen to reject certain truths in the Bible, God is not mocked!
And God is not the author of CONFUSION, but He will help you out if you desire to be that way.

1 Cor 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
KJV
Matt 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
KJV
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV
1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV
1 Cor 3:1-7
3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
KJV
1 Cor 1:12-13
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
KJV
Let me guess.....conservative Baptist....possibly a Landmarkist?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 AM

347 posts, read 492,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintMePurple View Post
I don't recognize churches.
Neither do I. I remember someone telling me a story about how a priest said something derogatory about a churchgoer who was a specific race/ethnic back ground, different than his. I lost faith in the church and priests and any religion that reveres rabbis or shamans or monks, etc, because I know that they will twist faith to fit their agenda.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Neither do I. I remember someone telling me a story about how a priest said something derogatory about a churchgoer who was a specific race/ethnic back ground, different than his. I lost faith in the church and priests and any religion that reveres rabbis or shamans or monks, etc, because I know that they will twist faith to fit their agenda.
That's a rather broad brush to paint all religious people with. Especially considering that you got pretty upset at the idea of a priest making a racist comment--suggesting that all people of a particular race is a certain way.

Honestly...one can almost cut the hypocrisy with a knife.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That's a rather broad brush to paint all religious people with. Especially considering that you got pretty upset at the idea of a priest making a racist comment--suggesting that all people of a particular race is a certain way.

Honestly...one can almost cut the hypocrisy with a knife.
Wow. That's one impressive contortion you've performed in your attempt to defend the clergy.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. That's one impressive contortion you've performed in your attempt to defend the clergy.
I'm not defending anyone.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not defending anyone.
So you're just here to point out the hypocrisy? That contortion is impressive as well.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,363,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
For these are merely divisions due to confusion of what the Word says.
You should join this church:

Matthew 16:18
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity