Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2017, 09:00 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Rbbi, would you mind clarifying: Do you think that someone not believing that the bible, in it's entirety, is the word of God is equivalent to them hating it?
I can clarify it ... Jesus said there is no such thing as being a fence sitter, a person is one or the other.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And what if you resonate with all of it? What then? What if all of it is life to your bones and a lamp unto your feet? Is that a bad thing? Peace
Yes, if your posts are indicative of what happens to a person when they OD on "holy" books.

You are a sad, fearful, superstitious person. That is not good advertising for swallowing the whole bible.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:02 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
You know the way you bypass that? By only giving out what you have received personally from Him, which is exactly what I do. Nothing I have given out I have not personally walked through and had made life in me, for bread that has not been through the fire is not fit to feed the nations. Peace

I appreciate that you believe that. Here's the thing, most of the people on this forum would say the same thing about themselves: They are giving out the life-giving things that they have received personally from God. Some of the things you have been given that you say give you life, I have found to be death for myself. And I know that things I have received that have given me life, you would say have not been life-giving for you...

So, what now? Do we keep lobbing stones at each other anyway, insisting that our stones are the only life-giving ones?

Old 09-30-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I can clarify it ... Jesus said there is no such thing as being a fence sitter, a person is one or the other.

Jesus wasn't referring to being a fence-sitter about the bible, Twin.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:03 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes, if your posts are indicative of what happens to a person when they OD on "holy" books.

You are a sad, fearful, superstitious person. That is not good advertising for swallowing the whole bible.
Well you got have the mouth to do so first.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:04 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
No, I don't find it odd at all. No one wants to play your game, is all. Bypassing the gift of discerning of spirits by exalting 6 scriptures is still a work of the flesh. You can't judge ANYTHING as being the Spirit of G-d 100% of the time, with just those scriptures alone, and if you really knew His Spirit as you say you do, you would know that. Peace
Love GOD and one-another is all that is necessary.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
He referring to himself not the Bible nor Bible beliefs

Old 09-30-2017, 09:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Jesus wasn't referring to being a fence-sitter about the bible, Twin.
If you care to read honestly, everything comes down to a either \ or in Jesus' view ... which by default includes the Bible.

Old 09-30-2017, 09:11 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
If you care to read honestly, everything comes down to a either \ or in Jesus' view ... which by default includes the Bible.
Rubbish, Jesus only on the odd occasion quoted the scriptures

Old 09-30-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
And what if you resonate with all of it? What then? What if all of it is life to your bones and a lamp unto your feet? Is that a bad thing? Peace
In my experience, it was definitely a bad thing, and that's what I have to go by. There are things you say that make me think that it may not be a good thing for you, but that is obviously up to you to know, and I'm done trying to convince you or anyone else that my experience must also be theirs.

Here's what I want to know: Rbbi, have you at any point in your life ever had the experience of seeing the bible through the view I have? If not, then why do you think you can tell me that my view brings death, when my experience has been the complete opposite? And, if you have at some point viewed it in the same way, and found it was not for you, are you able to accept that God is not confined to giving life to everyone in the same way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity