Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 PM

774 posts, read 1,856,844 times

Advertisements

I find it sad to see American Style Fundamentalist Christianity being transported to Africa ... mainly because it's FAR more about the Norman Conquest's version of "Divide and Conquer" than it is about Love and transformation of the soul.

"All paths lead to God" ... that said, is anyone familiar with, "The Christian Black Codes of 1724?"

Here's an short excerpt:
Quote:

The "Christian" BLACK Codes of 1724

Article 1
Decrees the expulsion of the Jews from the colony.

Article 2
Make it imperative on masters to impart religious instruction to their slaves.
Spirituality is about communing with God.
Organized religion is more about "Empire," Shame, and control.
"SLAVES, obey your masters!"

It's irrational to say that God is the Creator of ALL things ... yet fail to factor in people born with two sexes, between sexes, homosexuals, lesbians, bisexuals, as well as heterosexuals. If that ain't about shame, I don't know what is?

Trappist Monk Thomas Merton wrote:

Quote:
“Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody's business. What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy.”
― Thomas Merton
The problem I'm having is simply this... it all goes against the spirit of true Christianity.
"Be not a judge... for if yea are a judge, you are not a lover of God, but a murderer."

I also have a GREAT problem in "the proof in the pudding."
LOOK AT AMERICANS!
  1. In the past 20 years we've invaded 22 countries! ... murdering men, women, and children for oil and now for heroin too. (Read Ray Bradbury, Huxley, and Orwell.)
  2. We take 80% of the WORLD'S psych meds, pain killers, and illegal drugs... why? What are we medicating if not the way we treat each other and ourselves?
  3. Our Christianity has been co-opted and is now a State sponsored apostate of the truth.
Is THIS what the rest of the world wants to emulate??

Any one reading Old Testament stories like Sodom and Gomorrah and other similar stories and cite it as proof that "God Hates ****" doesn't know his or her Bible. These are SYMBOLIC stories.. they are MIND MAPS.
  • The Bible is written in symbols, parables, and allegory.
  • You have to know the symbols to understand the message.
  • "Be not of the letter for the letter kills" (2 Corinthians 3:6)

Europe and Western Anglo White Supremest countries have long rapped Africa by whispering in one person or group's ear and getting them to fight the other. WHEN WILL AFRICANS GET HIPPED TO THE VERY OLD AND VERY PLAIN GAME??

If someone wants to be spiritual... let them do what Jesus said...
Love. Your job is not to judge or stone others... but to love all creation. THAT'S A J-O-B!
But that's the struggle.
When the mob was going to stone the woman (notice it's always a member of a weaker group... not the man..) Jesus simply bent down, and began writing the sins of each person present in the sand.

"He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone..."
Just like today... those present began slowly tipping away when the sheet was pulled off them!

Be as wise as the serpent and as humble as the dove...
We need each other. Having "Game" is being able to talk with anyone and get wisdom, goods, or services needed from them. We need not to fear or hate one another. If you hate someone, you give away so much of your power... and in this context, it's your spiritual power and that's what they DON'T want you to have!

Quote:
"Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it." ~James 4:11
One Love, young folks

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-30-2014 at 09:16 AM..

Old 03-28-2014, 09:59 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
I'm afraid most have not considered what it would look like to really practice what Jesus said in Matt 5: 43“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbori and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Why does it seem impossible to discuss homosexuality and Christianity without throwing out the stereotypical insults? It just gets old. If one wants an honest discussion, this kind of rude, obnoxious statement calling us "homophobic" is just not beneficial.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:04 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,893,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
I find it sad to see American Style Fundamentalist Christianity being transported to Africa ...
My Native American ancestors had a saying: "A seed will not grow if the soil is not fertile."

If American Style Fundamentalist Christianity is catching on in Africa and Korea and China, then it shows those cultures are very fertile ground for American Style Fundamentalist Christianity ideas.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:44 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why does it seem impossible to discuss homosexuality and Christianity without throwing out the stereotypical insults? It just gets old. If one wants an honest discussion, this kind of rude, obnoxious statement calling us "homophobic" is just not beneficial.
I agree, we need to stay with the bible. homosexuality is like any other sin of the flesh. it is a
spiritual wickedness also. 2 Corinthians 6:15 "And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?”. what agreement Christ have with Belial, none. so who is Belial, another name for the evil one. and his sons who commit such evil in the sight of the Lord, is so describe. scripture, that support no homosexuality, as well as all other EVIL ACTS. Judges 19:21 "So he brought him into his house, and gave provender unto the asses: and they washed their feet, and did eat and drink. 22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him”. STOP, this was not your local neighborhood welcoming committee with cake and cookies to introduce this man to the city. NO, the scripture plainly state, they wanted to know him. read it again. but read the whole chapter for your edification. these men wanted to “KNOW” this man. and most bible reader knows what this kind of “KNOW” mean in this context. but what’s interesting is not all the men of the city was with this company of men. only the son of Belial

the sons of Belial had a wicked spirit in them that needed casting out. but as we have stated, our fight is not with flesh and blood. Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. so the rude, and obnoxious statement, want work. neither condemnation. but speak the truth in righteousness. warn, yet not condemn, correct, yet not chastise. for the Lord is the Master of us all, either Good, or Bad. Jeremiah 13:22 "And if thou say in thine heart, Wherefore come these things upon me? For the greatness of thine iniquity are thy skirts discovered, and thy heels made bare.23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil. (STOP, RE-READ THAT). 24 Therefore will I scatter them as the stubble that passeth away by the wind of the wilderness 25 This is thy lot, the portion of thy measures from me, saith the LORD; because thou hast forgotten me, and trusted in falsehood. 26 Therefore will I discover thy skirts upon thy face, that thy shame may appear”. this warning is to ALL.

be blessed.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:59 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Define PHOBIA
extreme or irrational fear or dislike of a specified thing or group.

I dont recall any Christian being afraid of Gays. While many will not agree with the lifestyle is doesnt make them have a phobia for simply disagreeing with that UNBIBLICAL lifestyle.

As for the woman to be stoned, I dont think you understand that story fully.

No where in the entire bible is homosexual activity ever mentioned in a positive or good way. Its always connected with a curse, sin, judgment or destruction. The bible offers no stories of homosexual unions or gay marriages. Marriage in the bible, which was ordained by God, is always between a man and a woman.

So no matter how you try to spin it, Christians will always be against that lifestyle a the bible says to flee from sin. Homosexuality is sexual immorality and that is a sin.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Possibly because it is discussing the clearly homophobic actions being taken by so-called Christians in the African countries pointed out in the OP?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:24 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
My Native American ancestors had a saying: "A seed will not grow if the soil is not fertile."

If American Style Fundamentalist Christianity is catching on in Africa and Korea and China, then it shows those cultures are very fertile ground for American Style Fundamentalist Christianity ideas.
With ignorance being the key ingredient in the fertilizer

Old 03-28-2014, 01:27 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Define PHOBIA

I dont recall any Christian being afraid of Gays. While many will not agree with the lifestyle is doesnt make them have a phobia for simply disagreeing with that UNBIBLICAL lifestyle.

As for the woman to be stoned, I dont think you understand that story fully.

No where in the entire bible is homosexual activity ever mentioned in a positive or good way. Its always connected with a curse, sin, judgment or destruction. The bible offers no stories of homosexual unions or gay marriages. Marriage in the bible, which was ordained by God, is always between a man and a woman.

So no matter how you try to spin it, Christians will always be against that lifestyle a the bible says to flee from sin. Homosexuality is sexual immorality and that is a sin.
Please speak for yourself and your own particular brand of Christianity. Plenty of Christian churches (including mine) don't interpret the Bible to mean that homosexuality = sin. Gay people are accepted as they were born in plenty of churches.

And how certain Christians equate the sodom and gamorrah story to being about gay people is beyone me. Quite a stretch there! (not to mention plenty of translation questions going back to the Greek regarding the few other passages that in the moder Bible, appear to be against homosexuality).

Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Define PHOBIA

That pretty much sums up how many Christians view the LGBT community. Which is a pity. Ho-hum. Their loss. More room at the brunch buffet for those of us who appreciate people for what they are.... not condemn. "Why thank you, gentlemen! Another mimosa would be wonderful!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity