Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 09:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I wonder how many here who salivate at the chance of sticking it to a "conservative", a "fundamentalist" or the boogie man "biblean" will vehemently be in your face for daring to repeat a verse that doesn't promote anything other than God IS love .... Malachi 2:16

timer started..... 05-27-2014, 08:52 PM
sooooo ... how telling. Not one piped up with their howls yet despite making their presence since other99 dared to stated a verse Malachi 2:16 that says something other than God IS LOVE.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:16 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
sooooo ... how telling. Not one piped up with their howls yet despite making their presence since other99 dared to stated a verse Malachi 2:16 that says something other than God IS LOVE.
God has several major qualities if you will and while Love is the foremost it doesn't dominate completely the others. He is also a God of justice and He gives it when necessary, out of love for victims.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, hello again, justtitans. I see you're back with Twenty Questions and still seemingly unhappy that I'm a part of the conversation. My purpose in this conversation is to take full advantage of the First Amendment and express my opinion.

And, please make a note, I'm not a fundamentalist. I'm a glass-half-full Christian. (If you're unhappy with that too I'd invite you to take it up with God since He made me in His image.) I believe we have an imperfect country but one that has, at it's core, good and decent people doing the right thing. I think God has blessed this country. Want an example? This summer your child can go to Vacation Bible School! Yes, it's true. That's a blessing we get in America. Unlike Syria where children are living in refugee camps and getting raped when they go to get water.

And, finally, I don't believe God is going to wipe us off the earth because two gay men in Podunk, Pennsylvania got married or because Bristol Palin had sex outside of marriage and became an unwed mother.
I agree. Where I see a moral failing in the US is things like the rich getting richer while the middle class is destroyed, nearly x-rated music on the radio, sexual inuendo in so many tv shows, sexualization of children/teenagers, most families being unable to afford to have one parent stay home with the children, not caring for our elderly, handicapped, veterans and mentally ill citizens, removing the social safety net, less funding for education and skyrocketing costs of college tuition, a horrible drug culture that ruins lives (heroine/crack/meth). This is how our country is failing.

My being gay and married is a positive thing for me, my partner and our children. So many fundamentalists think this is something God will punish us all for, but I believe God is happy with that

On the positive side, at least we're not like so many countries around the world where women are stoned to death for marrying outside their religion, or where gay people are imprisoned/killed/oppressed, where women are forced to walk around in "tents" and have no freedom, where people kill their fellow citizens in the name of their god, and where people cannot choose to worship or not worship as they please.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Malachi 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

So do I. I hate war too

Old 05-29-2014, 10:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
...snip...

My being gay and married is a positive thing for me, my partner and our children. So many fundamentalists think this is something God will punish us all for, but I believe God is happy with that

...snip...
I believe you're right about that.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:35 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I agree. Where I see a moral failing in the US is things like the rich getting richer while the middle class is destroyed, nearly x-rated music on the radio, sexual inuendo in so many tv shows, sexualization of children/teenagers, most families being unable to afford to have one parent stay home with the children, not caring for our elderly, handicapped, veterans and mentally ill citizens, removing the social safety net, less funding for education and skyrocketing costs of college tuition, a horrible drug culture that ruins lives (heroine/crack/meth). This is how our country is failing.

On the positive side, at least we're not like so many countries around the world where women are stoned to death for marrying outside their religion, or where gay people are imprisoned/killed/oppressed, where women are forced to walk around in "tents" and have no freedom, where people kill their fellow citizens in the name of their god, and where people cannot choose to worship or not worship as they please.
If you thought it was God punishing us, you probably wouldn't be gay and married. Food for thought and just perspective of where this conversation is coming from.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
God has several major qualities if you will and while Love is the foremost it doesn't dominate completely the others. He is also a God of justice and He gives it when necessary, out of love for victims.
why are responding to me for I always held that no one major qualities of God doesn't dominate completely the others, it was other99 thatdared to stated a verse Malachi 2:16 that says something other than God IS LOVE.

It is for the "God IS Love \ the "Jesus loves me this I know ... that is all I want to know" crowd that downplays to completely dominate anything of the other major qualities that do.

the timer still continues ..........

Old 05-29-2014, 12:58 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
If you thought it was God punishing us, you probably wouldn't be gay and married. Food for thought and just perspective of where this conversation is coming from.
Huh? I have no choice in being gay. If other people think their God is punishing an entire country for allowing gay marriage, then that's their issue. Personally, I think God is a lot less involved with what goes on here on earth than many Christians seem to believe. Too many people in this world do nothing wrong, yet they have misery and oppression forced on them. Others have no compassion, yet they are showered with power and wealth. Life is pretty random, IMO.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Malachi 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

So do I. I hate war too
typical of you. God made no mention of war but you do. I wonder why .....

and the timer continues

Old 05-29-2014, 01:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
typical of you. God made no mention of war but youse do. I wonder why .....

and the timer continues
Oh I see war is not violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.