Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Do you ever say anything about the actual topic or do you just like antagonizing people?
How many of your posts in this thread are on topic?

Old 05-30-2014, 11:35 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How many of your posts in this thread are on topic?

More than you. Next question.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:35 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
It just makes you look bad.

Uh, oh. The dig. Look out! Put down by an anonymous poster on the internet!

I'll cope.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:00 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Do you ever say anything about the actual topic or do you just like antagonizing people?
Consider the idea that he is trying to cause you to stop and think.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Consider the idea that he is trying to cause you to stop and think.
Sshhhh, Nate!

Next thing you know, you'll give up my secret identity!

Old 05-30-2014, 12:07 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Sshhhh, Nate!

Next thing you know, you'll give up my secret identity!
I'm sorry, LaMont. The Shadow knows I'll keep a tight lip from now on.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
I am asking you a simple question. You said you are a Christian, and so I am wondering how do you know that. What makes you a Christian, because you say it? I don't think that's unfair. I don't understand how someone who says they are a Christian can say that God has not predicted the judgment of our world at some point. The whole point of asking those questions is if you don't believe that is true, then what do you believe? I am not worried about you, I am trying to have a conversation with you. It seems that people get way too offended on here. I don't know you from a hole in the ground, how do I know what you believe? Should I just assume? I am trying to understand where you are coming from but it appears that you aren't open to having a conversation.
Because I follow the teachings of Christ, as I (and my church) have interpreted them from the Bible. As for judgement on the world, I leave that to "gray area". There are many ways to interpret Revelations, as we see so many Christians are not in agreement. Many Christians have said God is judging us by sending hurricanes, earthquakes, famine, etc., and predicting the return of Christ and end of the world on specific days, and it never happened.

I believe the end of human existence on earth, or at least a radical cleansing where most are killed off, is inevitable. The planet can only hold so many humans. Whatever happens - asteroid hitting us, Yellowstone blowing up, massive disease - many will say it's God judging the world. I'm not really concerned with whether it's just nature or God doing it on purpose. I just work on myself, try to leave the worry behind, live in love and not fear or hate, trust that God has a life path for me, and work on being a good parent and best role model I can for my children.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Because I follow the teachings of Christ, as I (and my church) have interpreted them from the Bible. As for judgement on the world, I leave that to "gray area". There are many ways to interpret Revelations, as we see so many Christians are not in agreement. Many Christians have said God is judging us by sending hurricanes, earthquakes, famine, etc., and predicting the return of Christ and end of the world on specific days, and it never happened.
The judgments that we are talking about in this thread aren't really about Revelations. We are talking about some of the things that Jesus himself spoke about. What are your thoughts on Matthew 24? Do you think Jesus was being literal?

Quote:
I believe the end of human existence on earth, or at least a radical cleansing where most are killed off, is inevitable. The planet can only hold so many humans. Whatever happens - asteroid hitting us, Yellowstone blowing up, massive disease - many will say it's God judging the world. I'm not really concerned with whether it's just nature or God doing it on purpose. I just work on myself, try to leave the worry behind, live in love and not fear or hate, trust that God has a life path for me, and work on being a good parent and best role model I can for my children.
Do you believe in God's judgment? Not necessarily that you are focused on it, but do you believe that some day that God will judge us, for our lives and how much we obeyed his word and lived righteously?

Old 05-30-2014, 01:01 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
The judgments that we are talking about in this thread aren't really about Revelations. We are talking about some of the things that Jesus himself spoke about. What are your thoughts on Matthew 24? Do you think Jesus was being literal?

Do you believe in God's judgment? Not necessarily that you are focused on it, but do you believe that some day that God will judge us, for our lives and how much we obeyed his word and lived righteously?
Matthew 24 - might be literal, might not. No way of knowing, so I don't dwell on it. Although I find it interesting that it predicts how the end of humans on earth very well may go down.

As for judgement, again, I can't really say. I'm not focused on things that I cannot know. The chance that any one religion on this planet correctly knows what happens when we die is slim. That said, I really wouldn't have wanted to be in Hitler's shoes when he died

Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Matthew 24 - might be literal, might not. No way of knowing, so I don't dwell on it. Although I find it interesting that it predicts how the end of humans on earth very well may go down.

As for judgement, again, I can't really say. I'm not focused on things that I cannot know. The chance that any one religion on this planet correctly knows what happens when we die is slim. That said, I really wouldn't have wanted to be in Hitler's shoes when he died
If you don't believe Christians know what's going to happen and know the full truth, then how do you consider yourself a Christian? It sounds like you don't believe in everything the Bible says. Do you believe it's possible to be a Christian but not believe in everything written in the Bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.