Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 05:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times

Advertisements

the misfortune that i have received in life was just bek i have made many mistakes.
but to see it as an angry affliction sent from God is not correct.
if a car hits me when i cross against the red, did God strike me down?

Old 05-30-2014, 05:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the misfortune that i have received in life was just bek i have made many mistakes.
but to see it as an angry affliction sent from God is not correct.
if a car hits me when i cross against the red, did God strike me down?
No

Old 05-30-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
If you don't believe Christians know what's going to happen and know the full truth, then how do you consider yourself a Christian? It sounds like you don't believe in everything the Bible says. Do you believe it's possible to be a Christian but not believe in everything written in the Bible?
He would have company here, that is for sure. Their own revelation ahead of scripture.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
...snip... Do you believe it's possible to be a Christian but not believe in everything written in the Bible?
It's not only possible - it's the only route to take for any intelligent Christian.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:14 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
...and the serpent asked the woman "Did God really say...?"

Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
...and the serpent asked the woman "Did God really say...?"
And so many agree with Satan because they want it their way.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:34 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,992,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's not only possible - it's the only route to take for any intelligent Christian.
The world according to TroutDude. On tomorrow's episode, TroutDude teaches Muslims passages out of the Koran and Buddhist how to find that inner Buddha. This and more from the omniscience TroutDude....

Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
If you don't believe Christians know what's going to happen and know the full truth, then how do you consider yourself a Christian? It sounds like you don't believe in everything the Bible says. Do you believe it's possible to be a Christian but not believe in everything written in the Bible?
It is absolutely necessary. Science and the advancement of human knowledge and understanding has made completely obsolete so much of what Christians have been told to accept as truth from God. That could NEVER have happened if EVERYTHING in the Bible was truth. Christ would not have been necessary if everything in the Bible was truth. There would have been no necessity for a New Covenant if the Old had been sufficient.

Hebrews 8:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Those who do not believe in the New Covenant are destined to follow the Old "written in ink" instead of the New "written in our hearts." Those who do not trust our hearts do not believe Christ abides with us and that His Holy Spirit will guide us to the truth.
Quote:
Amen. Sadly . . . the mandate to accept the ancient ignorance without question as a sign of faith in God has left far too many Christians in the dark. Their intelligence is useless without the knowledge that is denied them in the name of faith.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-30-2014 at 06:51 PM..

Old 05-30-2014, 06:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
It leaves you free from defending horrors attributed to God in the OT and the capability to pursue the Spirit of the New.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,992,755 times
You have certain posters like MysticPhd and DewDropInn, who avoid questions they do not like but then come back and cherrypick what they will respond to and expect you to respond to them in the same manner that they do not respond to you. I will give denverian a lot of credit. Even though we do not agree on some fundamental things, he/she has been gracious enough to at least continue a civil dialogue. That is what I thought forums were for. You don't really learn anything from each other, if you have people with the attitudes of MysticPhd and DewDropInn. It seems like their sole purpose on here is just to win an argument.

How can we have a real discussion about this topic without asking some hard heading questions about what they believe? I think it's impossible to have a real discussion about this topic no matter how much we disagree if people aren't willing to dialogue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity