Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 09:46 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
How does it always devolve into "barbaric ignorant ancestors" and "written in our hearts" thread no matter what the topic?
Because 100% Bible believers allow Christ's Gospel to be corrupted by the ancient ignorance, superstition and barbarity of the OT. They seem not to believe the New Covenant that was instituted by Christ so we would not need anyone to teach us. God has "written in our hearts" and we have Christ's Holy Spirit (Comforter) to guide us to the truth in love of God and each other. Virtually everything else that has been taught by mainstream Christianity is divisive, intolerant and unloving . . . the exact OPPOSITE of Christ. That is why they are the majority who have become anti-Christ and apostate in these "latter days."

Old 06-01-2014, 06:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have no problem with you not believing me. My concern is that you do not seem to believe Jesus!
How about you worry about your own faith as opposed to trying draw me away from the truth.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

I am not interested in the religion you invented.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
How does it always devolve into "barbaric ignorant ancestors" and "written in our hearts" thread no matter what the topic?
The same group of universalist posters do it to every thread, no matter what the topic is. They are hell bent on attacking the Word of God. Their focus is on finding something negative to say about other people's beliefs.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-01-2014 at 06:46 AM..

Old 06-01-2014, 06:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The same group of universalist posters do it to every thread, no matter what the topic is. They are hell bent on attacking the Word of God.
This is simply not true, they are vehemently opposed to your understanding of them.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:40 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because 100% Bible believers allow Christ's Gospel to be corrupted by the ancient ignorance, superstition and barbarity of the OT. They seem not to believe the New Covenant that was instituted by Christ so we would not need anyone to teach us. God has "written in our hearts" and we have Christ's Holy Spirit (Comforter) to guide us to the truth in love of God and each other. Virtually everything else that has been taught by mainstream Christianity is divisive, intolerant and unloving . . . the exact OPPOSITE of Christ. That is why they are the majority who have become anti-Christ and apostate in these "latter days."
Quote:
How about you worry about your own faith as opposed to trying draw me away from the truth.
I witness to the truth of Christ with us based on personal experience. I have no desire to draw anyone away from the truth.
Quote:
I am not interested in the religion you invented.
I invented no religion. I follow Christ the Living Word of God.
Quote:
The same group of universalist posters do it to every thread, no matter what the topic is. They are hell bent on attacking the Word of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is simply not true, they are vehemently opposed to your understanding of them.
Amen, pcamps! Christ is the Living Word of God and we do NOT attack Him . . . we follow Him . . . NOT the "precepts and doctrines of men."
Quote:
Their focus is on finding something negative to say about other people's beliefs.
Our focus is on promoting "love of God and each other" daily and repenting when we don't as Christ instructed. All the negativity comes from mistakenly believing the savagery and barbarity in the words "written in ink" in the OT are the 100% inerrant and infallible word of God.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Their focus is on finding something negative to say about other people's beliefs.
Again, simply not true,it is a rejection of your beliefs, and you have a huge problem with that. If you are confident in what you believe you would not keep misrepresenting what universalists believe in regards to scripture, from what i have read on here by the likes of Eusebius,trettep Lego, trumpetman, pneuma and others it is not only clear that they diligently search the scriptures but believe them too. So quit intentionally misrepresenting universalists will you.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-01-2014 at 11:48 AM..

Old 06-01-2014, 07:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
The same group of universalist posters do it to every thread, no matter what the topic is. They are hell bent on attacking the Word of God. Their focus is on finding something negative to say about other people's beliefs.
By using that statement, "ignorant barbaric ancestors" they are trying to lump men of faith, who were inspired with the ignorant slobs of their time and raising their "understanding" to a "higher" level with ... absolutely no proof they have God's spirit at all.Yet the vast majority of man today is as barbaric as at any time in history and so ... how do they prove they aren't one of them? Claiming God's spirit and leading is not evidence, but attitude is and humility is one of the attitudes that would identify it and ... it is missing.

I have been on many forums and eventually they get dominated by arrogant, self righteous individuals who can never admit they "might" be wrong and diss everyone else. I suspect it is a ploy to drive people away from genuine discussions of the Bible and what it teaches.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
By using that statement, "ignorant barbaric ancestors" they are trying to lump men of faith, who were inspired with the ignorant slobs of their time and raising their "understanding" to a "higher" level with ... absolutely no proof they have God's spirit at all.Yet the vast majority of man today is as barbaric as at any time in history and so ... how do they prove they aren't one of them? Claiming God's spirit and leading is not evidence, but attitude is and humility is one of the attitudes that would identify it and ... it is missing.

I have been on many forums and eventually they get dominated by arrogant, self righteous individuals who can never admit they "might" be wrong and diss everyone else. I suspect it is a ploy to drive people away from genuine discussions of the Bible and what it teaches.
The proof is in the "fruit."

Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,991,505 times
Quote:

Agreed. There has been very little dialogue from certain posters. Just a lot of personal attacks. Definitely takes away from the discussion. Instead of talking about what the Bible says on this topic, we are sitting here arguing with people if it is even realistic. Not something you would expect on a Christian discussion board.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
...snip....Yet the vast majority of man today is as barbaric as at any time in history and so ... snip...
Did you hit your wife over the head with a club as a wedding proposal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.