Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 06:39 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Belief in 100% of the Bible as the word of God is the primary cause of the retention of barbarism, savagery, bestiality, and every other anachronistic perversion of civilization. 100% Bible belief fosters Luddites and the retention of ancient barbarity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Give it a rest. We already know you don't believe what the Bible teaches.
I believe what the Bible teaches about Christ. I believe what Christ teaches and demonstrated about the true nature of God. I do NOT believe the ancient ignorance and superstitions of our ancestors or their descriptions of the nature, motives and antics of their barbaric War God. Sad that you are not moved enough by the Holy Spirit (Comforter) in "love of God and each other" to see it yourself.

The Good News was simple and uncomplicated. God IS love and our sins are not being counted against us. Christ has saved us from eternal separation from God. We just need to follow His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. The churches have corrupted and complicated it by requiring belief in absurdities and fables that have nothing to do with the love that God IS. They forsake love for one another which makes us "born of God" and instead rely on beliefs, rituals and magic having nothing to do with agape love. They reject the New Covenant and refuse to trust their hearts in love of God and each other. They prefer to override what is in their heart of hearts with the "precepts and doctrines of men" telling them what they SHOULD find there. They clearly do not believe that Christ abides with us . . . as I KNOW He does within our consciousness as the Comforter.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Jesus said to pay our taxes.

It is the Government's responsibility what it does with it and the responsibility of those who do vile acts in support or obedience to such Government.
Got it. If Gay America does it.... it's a sin.

If Christian America does it..... it's because Jesus told us to pay our taxes.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
I believe what the Bible teaches about Christ. I believe what Christ teaches and demonstrated about the true nature of God. I do NOT believe the ancient ignorance and superstitions of our ancestors or their descriptions of the nature, motives and antics of their barbaric War God. Sad that you are not moved enough by the Holy Spirit (Comforter) in "love of God and each other" to see it yourself.
Disagreeing with your personal opinion does not mean people are not moved by the Holy Spirit, it only means people do not believe you. Your personal views are not exactly the gold standard for spiritual truth. Your views are backed by nothing more than your own comment about you realizing something while you meditated 30 years ago. I am sorry if I find it hard to replace the word of God with your words.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Disagreeing with your personal opinion does not mean people are not moved by the Holy Spirit, it only means people do not believe you. Your personal views are not exactly the gold standard for spiritual truth. Your views are backed by nothing more than your own comment about you realizing something while you meditated 30 years ago. I am sorry if I find it hard to replace the word of God with your words.
Calling the heart "good" and God's Word that is found in scriptures "evil" is the total opposite of what God said ...
the heart:
For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
the scriptures:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
yet what is thought of the scriptures based on some meditation is instead of endurance, hope and being wise for salvation as God said ... we're told:

the Bible is the primary cause of
  • the retention of barbarism,
  • savagery,
  • bestiality,
  • and every other anachronistic perversion of civilization.
  • 100% Bible belief fosters Luddites and the retention of ancient barbarity.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Okay I wll try to deciipher your questions.How exactly have you pointed out I was factually wrong? Did you use YOUR interpretation of the Bible words "written in ink?" Not everything in the Bible is fact or truth, period . . . only that which is compatible with Christ and agape love. NO . . . it contradicts what Christ lived, taught and died for. There is so much anti-Christ error in the mainstream Christian dogma and doctrine that the original Gospel is unrecognizable! I don't believe in any religion. I believe in Christ and His Father as HE unambiguously revealed Him to be. Huh??? No Christian contradicts agape love . . . because that is who God IS. Agape love ("love for God and each other") IS the standard and Christ epitomizes it. It is a clear standard and everyone in their heart of hearts KNOWS what is agape loving and what is NOT. They have to override what is in their hearts to impose the "precepts and doctrines of men" they have been indoctrinated with. We ALL know how to be kind, compassionate, loving etc. . . . EVERYTHING in 1 Cor 13, Galations 5 and the Sermon on the Mount. There is no mystery and no need to fabricate jargon and nonsense to pretend evil and "non-agape-love" is good because God supposedly ordered it or did it according to our ignorant ancient ancestors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
At this point I am not even referring to the Bible, I am talking about your behavior on here. On another thread, you interjected into a dialogue I had with Pleroo when I talked about her not being a Christian. You assumed that I assumed that of her, but you did not know that earlier in the thread that I had point blank asked her if she was a Christian and she point blank said she was not.

Why is this important? Because you are claiming to be influenced by the "Spirit of Agape", but you clear as day falsely accused me of being judgmental (if you have a hard time remembering this I can bring out the proof if needed). If you are truly influenced by that spirit then it's either the spirit allows you to make human error or you believe in something that doesn't exist. The point is, if you are influenced by this spirit then why would it allow you falsely accuse someone of something? If it allows you to have human error, then that opens the door for anyone who makes a mistake to still say they are influenced by this spirit and that their mistake has nothing to do with them being influenced?

Does that not make sense to you? You still aren't really addressing the point here. You deflected onto a point saying you don't believe in religion but that has nothing to do with what I am asking you. The question is clear: can you still make mistakes and still be influenced by this agape spirit, yes or no?

Depends on your answer to the previous question.

Not relevant to what I am asking. I didn't ask you if you believe in religion. You are avoiding this question and for a reason. Why, I don't know.

Again depends on your answer to the first question.

At this point we are trying to define what agape love is. You say you have it, but yet you again have displayed behavior on here that would be contrary to that.
**looks at multiple replies by MysticPhd....to other posters***

Old 05-31-2014, 08:00 PM

335 posts, read 410,052 times
We are all aware of the moral decay of America that has been seemingly escalating over the past century albeit decade. I won't dwell on what is already recognized by most even by the immoral. What preoccupies my thinking is what are the historic ramifications of an affluent nation following the likes of the Roman Empire into the proverbial lake? Here we can analyze our decline so-to-speak from a secular point of view or let's say Christian with a caveate (prophetic view point(s)The seculars rely on personal common sense ,philosophy ,history, and what they think most often questioning morality even being offended yet generally passive and "it is what it is".....not nice. More and more Christians are looking at judgment ,harbingers, signs (heavens, weather, blood moons and prophecies) for assessment and outcomes. The church (religions) are not seemingly in the equation suffering from complacency, disconnected and caught up in replacement theology and whatever else they mess around with ? True Christians are looking at the entire picture predicted in scripture leaving the seculars clueless ( as in previous self destructs).

Old 05-31-2014, 08:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope normal age is late 70's to early 80's and that is with all the medical advances.....
So, an 8% improvement over the time of Moses and most of that within the last century? What a collapse......or not.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:39 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
The Good News was simple and uncomplicated. God IS love and our sins are not being counted against us. Christ has saved us from eternal separation from God. We just need to follow His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. The churches have corrupted and complicated it by requiring belief in absurdities and fables that have nothing to do with the love that God IS. They forsake love for one another which makes us "born of God" and instead rely on beliefs, rituals and magic having nothing to do with agape love. They reject the New Covenant and refuse to trust their hearts in love of God and each other. They prefer to override what is in their heart of hearts with the "precepts and doctrines of men" telling them what they SHOULD find there. They clearly do not believe that Christ abides with us . . . as I KNOW He does within our consciousness as the Comforter.
Quote:
I have no problem with you not believing me. My concern is that you do not seem to believe Jesus! The God He revealed has little resemblance to the one you seem to believe in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Calling the heart "good" and God's Word that is found in scriptures "evil" is the total opposite of what God said ...
the heart:
For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
At the time of the OT when that was written it was true of our savage ancestors. After Christ and the New Covenant . . . it is no longer true. God has "written in our hearts" and we have Christ who abides with us to lead us to the truth that is there.
Quote:
the scriptures:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
yet what is thought of the scriptures based on some meditation is instead of endurance, hope and being wise for salvation as God said ... we're told:
I have no argument with the scriptures as described here . . . but they are NOT the inerrant and infallible word of God . . . ONLY Christ is the Living Word of God and He abides with us under the New Covenant so we CAN trust what is in our hearts in love of God and each other.
Quote:

the Bible is the primary cause of
  • the retention of barbarism,
  • savagery,
  • bestiality,
  • and every other anachronistic perversion of civilization.
  • 100% Bible belief fosters Luddites and the retention of ancient barbarity.
This is absolutely true. Belief in the ancient ignorance and barbarity is anti-Christ, period.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-31-2014 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 09:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Belief in 100% of the Bible as the word of God is the primary cause of the retention of barbarism, savagery, bestiality, and every other anachronistic perversion of civilization. 100% Bible belief fosters Luddites and the retention of ancient barbarity.
100% with you Mystic. It is the most sure way to end up a child of hell.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:18 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
How does it always devolve into "barbaric ignorant ancestors" and "written in our hearts" thread no matter what the topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.