Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 09:46 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,992,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Not an attack. Trust me, you'd recognize an attack from the burn.

That was an observation.
It was disrespectful and unnecessary. You could have kept that comment to yourself. The fact that you keep making comments like that and you try to rationalize it says a lot about you.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It was disrespectful and unnecessary. You could have kept that comment to yourself. The fact that you keep making comments like that and you try to rationalize it says a lot about you.
My assessment of you was correct.

You and the mirror know it.

Sweet dreams.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Yes, clearly with the rise of China, and the higher standard of living in northern European and Nordic countries, it is apparent that God has decided to back the countries with the highest populations of atheists.
How is God backing the Nordic countries? I visit a Nordic country pretty much every year, and I see their blessings evaporating.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:44 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
I respectfully asked you a few questions, you picked one thing to address, I asked if you wanted to talk about the other stuff I said, you refused. You complain about me asking too many questions, but yet you keep responding to me, even though I am not talking to you.
You post. Anyone can respond. And we can respond any way we like. Yay!

Once you started quizzing me on Kurt Warner's (Kurt Warner! - His teammates called him 'Jesus' for pity's sake!) Christianity, I decided a in-depth Q&A session with you wan't going to be productive. If you don't like Kurt's version of being a Christian I can guarantee you you'll hate mine.

I, like most people who post in these threads, have stated my beliefs numerous times. Including one post in a thread dedicated solely to what we believe. (Find it yet?) I'm not going to repeat myself. Rule #1 is "Never bore your audience".

And FYI: I responded to your post only because you dissed one of my on-line friends. My father, the most moral man I ever knew, taught his children and the many young people he mentored to stand up for friends.

Ready for the really great news? I turned on CNN this morning and checked a few Twitter feeds. The sun is shining on our country just as it is every day, California has not broken off and fallen into the ocean, and there was no clap of thunder and a deep voice saying, "I'm unhappy America!" coming from the heavens. Instead, the Bible is for sale at stores all over our country, people are free to put religious bumper stickers on their Hondas and "God Bless America" will be sung with gusto in major league ball parks all over America. Yay, again!

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-30-2014 at 10:07 AM..

Old 05-30-2014, 10:47 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
How do you know you are Christian? If you don't follow the word of God, then how do you become a Christian?

Why don't you just worry about you? If you don't think I'm Christian, so what? It makes no difference in my life. I have my beliefs, I go to a church I agree with. There are a million ways to interpret verses in the Bible and never will Christians agree on all those translations. I'm sure there are Christians out there who think you aren't a Christian either. You know, maybe because you don't handle snakes, or because you wear shorts or shave your face, or don't talk in tongues...

Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
We know why you have to distance the Bible from you, your lifestyle from the Bible while wanting the desire to be still consider yourself as a "Christian" .... and why you'll never understand.

1 Corinthians 1:23
but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

Romans 1:16 ... because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes

John 20:31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Sorry. Maybe you can have me removed from Christianity then.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You post. Anyone can respond. And we can respond any way we like. Yay!
Sure you can. It just makes you look bad.

Quote:
Once you started quizzing me on Kurt Warner's (Kurt Warner! - His teammates called him 'Jesus' for pity's sake!) Christianity, I decided a in-depth Q&A session with you wan't going to be productive. If you don't like Kurt's version of being a Christian I can guarantee you you'll hate mine.
I never asked you about Kurt Warner's Christianity, I asked you if you knew him personally. You have a bad memory or you are purposefully trying to mislead people. I know quite a bit about him, but you talked about him like he's someone you see on a regular basis.

Quote:
I, like most people who post in these threads, have stated my beliefs numerous times. Including one post in a thread dedicated solely to what we believe. (Find it yet?) I'm not going to repeat myself. Rule #1 is "Never bore your audience".
I looked up the thread you spoke of several times. I can not find it. I tried again yesterday, I cannot find it. If you point me to it, I will stop asking you questions, I assure you.

Quote:
And FYI: I responded to your post only because you dissed one of my on-line friends. My father, the most moral man I ever knew, taught his children and the many young people he mentored to stand up for friends.
Dissed? That is funny. I didn't diss anyone. I pointed out a pattern of behavior that has shown up in several threads. The poster knew I was talking about him because, whether he wants to admit it on here, or not, he knows what I am saying about him is true. I honestly would prefer to just have a civil conversation without having someone egging others on to try to insult me (and others) and basically in so many words calling me stupid and narrow minded. If correcting someone from doing that, is "dissing", guilty as charged.

Quote:
Ready for the really great news? I turned on CNN this morning and checked a few Twitter feeds. The sun is shining on our country just as it is every day, California has not broken off and fallen into the ocean, and there was no clap of thunder and a deep voice saying, "I'm unhappy America!" coming from the heavens. Instead, the Bible is for sale at stores all over our country, people are free to put religious bumper stickers on their Hondas and "God Bless America" will be sung with gusto in major league ball parks all over America. Yay, again!
Like a thief in the night....

Old 05-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Why don't you just worry about you? If you don't think I'm Christian, so what? It makes no difference in my life. I have my beliefs, I go to a church I agree with. There are a million ways to interpret verses in the Bible and never will Christians agree on all those translations. I'm sure there are Christians out there who think you aren't a Christian either. You know, maybe because you don't handle snakes, or because you wear shorts or shave your face, or don't talk in tongues...
I am asking you a simple question. You said you are a Christian, and so I am wondering how do you know that. What makes you a Christian, because you say it? I don't think that's unfair. I don't understand how someone who says they are a Christian can say that God has not predicted the judgment of our world at some point. The whole point of asking those questions is if you don't believe that is true, then what do you believe? I am not worried about you, I am trying to have a conversation with you. It seems that people get way too offended on here. I don't know you from a hole in the ground, how do I know what you believe? Should I just assume? I am trying to understand where you are coming from but it appears that you aren't open to having a conversation.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
I am asking you a simple question. You said you are a Christian, and so I am wondering how do you know that. What makes you a Christian, because you say it? I don't think that's unfair. I don't understand how someone who says they are a Christian can say that God has not predicted the judgment of our world at some point. The whole point of asking those questions is if you don't believe that is true, then what do you believe? I am not worried about you, I am trying to have a conversation with you. It seems that people get way too offended on here. I don't know you from a hole in the ground, how do I know what you believe? Should I just assume? I am trying to understand where you are coming from but it appears that you aren't open to having a conversation.
Jeepers, you're having all kinds of problems with folks here, aren't you?

Ever consider the problem is you?

Old 05-30-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Jeepers, you're having all kinds of problems with folks here, aren't you?

Ever consider the problem is you?

Do you ever say anything about the actual topic or do you just like antagonizing people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity